JUST a disccusion on what KS merchendise you would've liked

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: JUST a disccusion on what KS merchendise you would've li

Post by Munchenhausen »

Potato wrote:
Comrade wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Can I order a real-life Hanako?

I would spend my every living minute hugging it ,_,
It would be a fine example of natural selection at work
Natural selection has nothing at all to do with that...
Well, if he spends every living minute hugging it and goes full Rin about it, he'll surely starve to death :P
ParagonTerminus wrote:Now I'm getting visions of people doing horrible things to my Hanako

CLOSE THE CAN

Someone, somewhere, is currently fantasising about Hanako's stuttered moans as she digs her nails into their back in lustful ecstacy. Whimpering for more under the weight of his hips.
Someone is fapping to your waifu.
and there's not a thing you can do about it.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:Someone, somewhere, is currently fantasising about Hanako's stuttered moans as she digs her nails into their back in lustful ecstacy. Whimpering for more under the weight of his hips.
Some of us are under a spell. We need to do it in 'ecstasy'. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Atario wrote:The various hair accessories.
  • Lilly's black X-ribbon
  • Misha's heart clip
  • Misha's scrunchie (worn with her yukata)
  • Emi's twintail-holders
  • Hideaki's ribbon
  • Meiko's kerchief
  • Sae's clips
  • Shizune's giant hairpin (worn with her yukata)
  • Yuuko's odango bun covers (from her Shanghai uniform)
They come as a set, packaged in a nice storage box with the bandaged-heart logo on it.
Not exactly a hair accessory, but you really need Hanako's hat in there.
Potato wrote:KS DDR. 'Nuff said.
[shimmie=3291]I'm gonna link to this again...[/shimmie]
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Atario

Post by Atario »

emmjay wrote:Not exactly a hair accessory, but you really need Hanako's hat in there.
I considered it, but then I realized the hat transcends such a set and would demand its own special treatment. It would be an exact replica of her hat, and if you look at the lining inside, there's an image of Hanako subtly woven into the silk using only differing thread direction.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Munchenhausen wrote: Someone, somewhere, is currently fantasising about Hanako's stuttered moans as she digs her nails into their back in lustful ecstacy. Whimpering for more under the weight of his hips.
Someone is fapping to your waifu.
and there's not a thing you can do about it.
What the fuck, Munch? That's just cruel!

Like... obviously, but damn, that's the shit I don't like.

What I would like though is a KS old school text adventure.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote:
What the fuck, Munch? That's just cruel!

Like... obviously, but damn, that's the shit I don't like.

What I would like though is a KS old school text adventure.
*whispering* what's that? more details please?
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Well, I'm a bit of an avid chess player (not great at it, mind), so a set of KS-themed chess pieces wouldn't go amiss.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

AussieInquisitor wrote:Well, I'm a bit of an avid chess player (not great at it, mind), so a set of KS-themed chess pieces wouldn't go amiss.
how would you imagine those?:)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Kibaro wrote:
AussieInquisitor wrote:Well, I'm a bit of an avid chess player (not great at it, mind), so a set of KS-themed chess pieces wouldn't go amiss.
You know, that's something I would actually get behind.

King would be Hisao
  • Obviously
Queen may as well be Emi
  • On account of movement skills and bestgirl capability
Hanako the Rook
  • Silent and reliable, like the folly she represents
Lilly the Bishop
  • calm and a peacekeeper
Shizune the Knight
  • Because I laughed at the mental image of Shizune riding Misha like a horse
Rin the Pawn
  • because she's fucking useless
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AussieInquisitor

Kibaro wrote:
Good question. Do you mean "which person would represent which piece on the board?" (as Munch had added), or "how do you think a chess game with these pieces would turn out?"

On the former, I'd probably go:

White
King - Hisao (duuurr!)
Queen - Lilly (?) (inspired by a certain comment in "Cold War", but could easily be substituted by one of the other girls for personal preference)
Rook - Emi (always moving on, but only in ranks and files)
Bishop - Hanako (only moving on light/dark squares and IMGONNAGOTAKETHISPIECE! *whoosh*)
Knight - Rin (?)
Pawn - Mutou (?)

Black
King - Kenji (c'mon, somebody's gotta be the hero's foil!)
Queen - Shizune (doing, what else? Taking over the chessboard!)
Rook - Akira (? (probably not, but somebody's got to do the job))
Bishop - Nomiya (not quite the best adviser around)
Knight - Misha
Pawn - Hidekai (crouching shy-guy, hidden badass, anyone?)
Last edited by AussieInquisitor on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

AussieInquisitor wrote:
Kibaro wrote:
Good question. Do you mean "which person would represent which piece on the board?" (as Munch had added), or "how do you think a chess game with these pieces would turn out?"
was thinking about munch's answer which i find actually way better than why i though:)) but now your second question intrigues me:)) so feel free to asnwer if you wish ^.^
brythain

Post by brythain »

Munchenhausen wrote:
Kibaro wrote:
You know, that's something I would actually get behind.

King would be Hisao
  • Obviously
Queen may as well be Emi
  • On account of movement skills and bestgirl capability
Hanako the Rook
  • Silent and reliable, like the folly she represents
Lilly the Bishop
  • calm and a peacekeeper
Shizune the Knight
  • Because I laughed at the mental image of Shizune riding Misha like a horse
Rin the Pawn
  • because she's fucking useless
I'd go with:
White King — Hisao (protagonist)
White Queen — Lilly (noble and tall)
White Bishops — Mutou and Meiko (reliable supporters)
White Knights — Emi (she's one) and Misha (always cropping up in the wrong places)
White Rooks — Rin (hangs out with Emi, armless piece) and Yuuko (guarding the stacks)
Black King — Kenji (opposite Hisao, antagonist)
Black Queen — Shizune (opposite Lilly, wouldn't settle for less)
Black Bishops — Jigoro and Hideaki (Shizune's supporting cast from her route)
Black Knights — Hanako (anti-white knight) and Miki (opposite Emi)
Black Rooks — Akira (booze supplier) and Nurse (drugs supplier)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
AussieInquisitor

brythain wrote: I'd go with:
White King — Hisao (protagonist)
White Queen — Lilly (noble and tall)
White Bishops — Mutou and Meiko (reliable supporters)
White Knights — Emi (she's one) and Misha (always cropping up in the wrong places)
White Rooks — Rin (hangs out with Emi, armless piece) and Yuuko (guarding the stacks)
Black King — Kenji (opposite Hisao, antagonist)
Black Queen — Shizune (opposite Lilly, wouldn't settle for less)
Black Bishops — Jigoro and Hideaki (Shizune's supporting cast from her route)
Black Knights — Hanako (anti-white knight) and Miki (opposite Emi)
Black Rooks — Akira (booze supplier) and Nurse (drugs supplier)
Hmm, actually, that list works better then the ad-hoc one I made. Good work!
... but now your second question intrigues me:)) so feel free to asnwer if you wish ^.^
@Kiburo

Well, I imagine there'd be a lot of initial confusion among the cast when they examine the pieces themselves for the first time (and no doubt a lot of arguments over ho was assigned to which role and why), but I think at the end that some might relish the role their facsimiles have been given on the board.

I can certainly imagine Shizune and Misha hanging on to their own copies of their respective pieces. Rin might hang onto hers (probably after doing a rather 'interesting' paint-job on it) and Hisao, just for the heck of it, would draw a mustache on Kenji's piece. Not sure how everyone else would react.

EDIT:

I can definitely see a Xavier & Magneto-like chess game between Lilly and Shizune in between classes. Probably one of the few competitive activities the pair can agree on and go at it to their hearts content.
Last edited by AussieInquisitor on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I would play the hell out of a KS-themed chess set. And still inevitably lose :P I can play suicide chess, mind...

H̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶t̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶N̶o̶m̶i̶y̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ , or a pool table based on KS? You could have a white ball with Emi (or a symbol for Emi) on it, as it's her role to run into things, and then maybe Lilly's on one side and Shizune's for the other (not gonna lie, did steal brythain's chess reasoning slightly there). Oh, and Misha as a pink 8-ball. OBVIOUSLY.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I would play the hell out of a KS-themed chess set. And still inevitably lose :P I can play suicide chess, mind...

H̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶t̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶N̶o̶m̶i̶y̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ , or a pool table based on KS? You could have a white ball with Emi (or a symbol for Emi) on it, as it's her role to run into things, and then maybe Lilly's on one side and Shizune's for the other (not gonna lie, did steal brythain's chess reasoning slightly there). Oh, and Misha as a pink 8-ball. OBVIOUSLY.
Ha, the concept of her setting out to run into everybody in the school in one day is too good to waste... something has to come from that now.

As for the text adventure, it could be like the classics. Maybe the maimed six and Hisao wake up chained in a dungeon under Yamaku with no recollection of how they got there and have to try and work their way out. The game would be controlled with basic commands. A sample:

LILLY: Look

You're a bastard.

HISAO: Look

You LOOK around the room. You are in a very dark DUNGEON, with only an odd MACHINE that resembles a TREADMILL in the center. Six of the girls from your school are connected to the cement WALLS of the room with CHAINS, and so are you. The floors are very DUSTY, and there is a DOOR on the NORTH WALL.

RIN: Retrieve arms

Goddammit, stop.

RIN: Look at MACHINE

You saw Emi running on something like this once. She looked like a butterfly with legs trying to escape from a spidery sidewalk, to no avail. What's more, you notice some COBWEBS on the MACHINE that look like they are trying to escape from a butterfly-y sidewalk. Life is strange like that. There's a word for stuff like this... irony, maybe? You visibly shrug, eliciting a questioning glance from Shizune.

HANAKO: Pretend to be a hedgehog

This is just silly, and serves no real purpose at all. It does, however, cause Misha to WAHAHA and it makes you smile a little, so there's that.

LILLY: Check for CANE

It's gone! That cheeky little deaf shit must've taken it somehow. You can't see or feel her, but you can tell she's around and it's pissing you off. Still, you keep your composure and offer up a polite smile in an attempt to keep your companions calm.

SHIZUNE: Look at CHAINS

They're rusty, and look fragile. Out of the corner of your eye, you notice a half burnt girl rolling around in a ball. Why would she do that? This is a very serious situation that requires a serious response. Seriously.

MISHA: Use DRILLS to break CHAINS

You mash your DRILLS up against the CHAINS, but unfortunately all this does is mess up your hair a little, and annoy Shizune. You're a silly girl, you know that Misha? Wait... I'm Misha! WAHAHA!

SHIZUNE: Break CHAINS with CANE

Using that Scottish piss ant's CANE that you poookied when she wasn't looking and fueled by annoyance at various sources, you crack the CHAINS on your arms and free yourself. This is why taking action in a serious manner is always the best way to respond to a serious circumstance like this.

SHIZUNE: Free the others with the CANE

You would, but their chains appear to be stronger, with the exception of Lilly's. Fuck her, she can stay chained.

SHIZUNE: Look at MACHINE closely

It looks like a TREADMILL because it's clearly a TREADMILL. It has a big red BUTTON on it though, which strikes you as odd.

SHIZUNE: Press BUTTON

After taking a quick risk/reward assessment, you decide it's probably safe and press the button confidently. The CHAINS on Emi's arms slacken considerably, and although she is not freed from them, she does have a lot more room to move now. Assessments are the best.

HISAO: Suggest running on the TREADMILL to Emi

No shit, Sherlock.

EMI: Run on the TREADMILL

Well this is freaking sweet! You hop on the TREADMILL and go for a brisk-paced run.

SHIZUNE: Listen to the whirring of the TREADMILL

You're such an asshole sometimes.

EMI: Crank that shit up to 11

You push up on the PACE BUTTON until you are sprinting. As you speed up, the other student's CHAINS loosen gradually, until they all fall off and clank to the floor. You look down and notice that your CHAINS are gone as well. You're goddamn hero, Emi.

MISHA: WAHAHA!

WAHAHA!

HANAKO: Stop with the hedgehog nonsense and wonder what to do now

Well, there is a DOOR that looks promising, if you can get it open.

HANAKO: Open DOOR

I-it's locked. D-darn it!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"