About the full release

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Seyren

Re: About the full release

Post by Seyren »

Can i ask something??
will the full release use torrent? or it will be just like the demo version?
i can't use the torrent..... *sob*
i already asked my friend but no one knows how to use torrent
can someone help me?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seyren wrote:Can i ask something??
can someone help me?
I would imagine it would be downloadable from either their site or with the respect that KS has from the demo I'd imagine they could find some reputable sites to mirror the final release? I'd hope so anyway. :wink:
Yep, your not the only one who does not use torrent. I'm such a dinosaur I still insist on slapping a 3.5 inch floppy drive into my desktop computer. :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Seyren

Post by Seyren »

Bara wrote:
can someone help me?
I would imagine it would be downloadable from either their site or with the respect that KS has from the demo I'd imagine they could find some reputable sites to mirror the final release? I'd hope so anyway. :wink:
Yep, your not the only one who does not use torrent. I'm such a dinosaur I still insist on slapping a 3.5 inch floppy drive into my desktop computer. :oops:
yeah i hope it will be like that.....
using floppy drive? do i do i do? yes i do too...
i still use that... heh
i read in the topic that aura write in it but i forgot on what topic.....
aura says (or so if my memories not failed me, even they have a habit of doing that) the release won't out in 2009 is it right? well it's quite a long time indeed.....
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

With distro being waaaay down on the list we haven't put any actual tohught to it, but I assume it would be similar to the initial release; a torrent seeded from a few distro servers around the world coupled with a few DDL sites.

That being said we are definately going to be doing a much longer pre-distro (Act 1 was only in pre-distro for about 4 hours) so I imagine that we will be getting quite a few mirrors.

And yes, this won't be happening in 2009.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
flurk

Post by flurk »

i don't think anyone reasonably expects it in 2009... or 2010. just take it easy.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

can someone help me?
I'd recommend you just pick up uTorrent, but I'm sure someone will stick it on Megaupload or something if nothing else.

Post by Guest »

Caesius wrote: Also, will I be able to use the down arrow key to advance text? I find it more comfortable than using the "Enter" key. Better yet would be to have the up arrow key display text history.
Right now you can use PageUp/PageDown to browse through history. If you really-really-really want to change bindings, you can change it by yourself. Probably renpy/config.py (search for "keymap") is a good place to start. Though you need some knowledge of python of course.

ps. renpy license states "# Permission is hereby granted...blahblahblah.... to use, copy, modify..." so it's totally legal to change it. :roll:
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Guest wrote:
Caesius wrote: Also, will I be able to use the down arrow key to advance text? I find it more comfortable than using the "Enter" key. Better yet would be to have the up arrow key display text history.
Right now you can use PageUp/PageDown to browse through history. If you really-really-really want to change bindings, you can change it by yourself. Probably renpy/config.py (search for "keymap") is a good place to start. Though you need some knowledge of python of course.

ps. renpy license states "# Permission is hereby granted...blahblahblah.... to use, copy, modify..." so it's totally legal to change it. :roll:
That does the trick. I added 'K_UP' to rollback and 'K_DOWN' to rollforward and dismiss, and it does almost exactly what I want it to do.

And I think it would be rather counterintuitive to restrict your users from editing configuration files, especially for a game based on an open-source engine.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

flurk wrote:i don't think anyone reasonably expects it in 2009... or 2010. just take it easy.
2009 i'll accept but... 2010 no? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Huh, this thread sure looks familiar.