Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Yoh_Komori wrote:go find this person if you have such a connection.
Unfathomable as it might seem, impromptu trips from New York to Russia aren't exactly feasible for 99% of the population of this planet.
Only if you don't run hard enought.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Xanatos wrote: Unfathomable as it might seem, impromptu trips from New York to Russia aren't exactly feasible for 99% of the population of this planet.
The depressing thing is, the trip isn't that big of a deal--it was just a one time-shot for the relationship. I speak a bit of Russian, and if my parents knew the way I felt, they'd probably let me fly for a weekend or something (my dad has miles left over from when he was a business traveler). I also have an uncle who lives there (crazy bachelor uncle FTW) who'd be happy to put up with me for a weekend or whatever. So seeing her once isn't the question.

Even if I flew to Russia this minute (and completely neglected all of my schoolwork), I couldn't remain for more than a couple of days just by a function of stuff I have to do. She's not interested in a long-distance relationship (a la Lilly), and while I would like to make one work, it probably wouldn't end well.

But thanks for all your support guys. For some reason I was feeling down when I posted that, and your replies have picked me up, dusted me off, and set me towards positive ground. It's hard to let a relationship go, especially one you consider to be your first love, but I think I'm on the track to it.

I'm probably heading to Moscow this summer, so who knows--maybe I'll ask her out to dinner or something.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Heya HBHC, don't know how many of you guys still remember me, but I still remember this community albeit having been "on vacation" for a long time. It's about 1 min to 2013 where I am, and I am stuck somewhere I am allocated to be on standby. I was feeling lost about what to do at this time other people usually consider "special" but to me was always just another night. I eventually remembered the KS forums, and most importantly all of you guys at HBHC. Upon opening the page the first time in about 3 months, I felt so warm inside when I saw HBHC still going strong, albeit now with mostly new members. To see people open up to each other on the internet like this, to me it's something worth feeling for. Katawa Shoujo was probably the first "event" of my life this year and now that I'm reliving it at the end of the year, December 31st suddenly felt meaningful again. After scrolling through all the other KS threads, my memories of KS gradually returned to me and simply put, I was taken aback by my own past experience.

Although this is a post to thank KS and the KS community especially HBHC for the great experience, I can't help but to express some of my current feelings as well. The reason why rethinking of KS has such an impact on me now is due to this weird situation I am in now. I am forced to be in somewhere most people would scorn to be in at this time of the year, but I don't feel such pain because I know that even if I didn't have to be here I probably didn't have anything else to do or anyone else to see. I don't know which tears me up more, the fact that I am confined to this place of duty or the fact that it didn't matter if I was confined or not. As much as people say that KS has changed their lives, mine hasn't really changed much since. I did pick up some things from KS like tea-appreciation and a less depressing impression of the disabled, but there was never any solid change in my life. I've tried on many accounts to look for raison d'teres for myself, most of them I can't even convince myself. Some are genuine, but apparently these true reasons why I choose to live isn't much compatible with the people I live around. It's suffocating to say the least.

I must say, I am quite guilty for "using" this place as such a venting chamber for things I'd never say to anyone outside the internet. I'm not optimistic enough to be expecting any ideas or solutions, but I definitely understand and accept the kindness from which this thread and forum emanates. I'll end by saying thank you once again to the KS community and the Aura & Friends for creating something this powerful yet simple.

And of course, Happy New Year.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

newnar wrote: And of course, Happy New Year.
It's rough to be in a place where you don't want to be, especially if you're forced to be there, but there's something great on the horizon if you just wait for it. So have some tea, sit down, and enjoy the new year.

So as one of those newbies, happy new year mate. Best wishes to where you are, and to your future.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

newnar wrote:Heya HBHC, don't know how many of you guys still remember me...
I certainly remember you, newnar. I'm sorry to hear this is a lonely night for you. Things will get better, and you'll have people to spend times like this with, in a place of your own choosing.

You probably didn't choose it, but thank you for serving. You're in my prayers. Happy New Year.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

What can I say, this year was certainly very eventful for me with the change of job, and I'm not quite sure I have or even want to settle with the new one yet. Somehow, I feel like I'm treading water without making progress too much... but still I think some things have improved for the better for me.

This thread would be nothing without the hundreds of people who came to talk on it. No one should feel embarrassed to vent here for that's why it exists. And in everyone's life here are times when we don't know how to proceed. But as long as there is life, there can be change, and as longs as there can be change, things can improve step by step. As for a reason to live, I always think life itself is enough of a reason. Just try to hold your breath for a minute, then feel your first breath after that. I'm sure you'll feel the relief to be able to breathe, the relief to be alive!

So thanks everyone for coming here, and I wish all of you a very happy new year 2013!
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

SemisoftCheese wrote:
newnar wrote: And of course, Happy New Year.
It's rough to be in a place where you don't want to be, especially if you're forced to be there, but there's something great on the horizon if you just wait for it. So have some tea, sit down, and enjoy the new year.

So as one of those newbies, happy new year mate. Best wishes to where you are, and to your future.
Better to be somewhere where you don't want to be, rather than want to be somewhere and not have anywhere too be. I had new year plans, that back-stabbing friends changed. I would have been with my girlfriend if not for those initial plans, but chose the friends first so I ended up not being able to see her even if I could have, and then when I wanted to go spend new years with family, I ended up snowed in at my own house. I'm not complaining, that's how life is sometimes, but I'd rather have had a place to belong, even if I didn't wanna be there, than spend new years alone at home.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

My life's been turned upside-down. Turns out my cousin a.k.a. "the person I used to call brother" was dating my ex-girlfriend when I broke up with her. Nobody said anything to me, until my cousin decided to tell me yesterday, after she broke up with him. I don't know what to do anymore. This knowledge was an unwelcome burden on an already burdened mind.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

OtakuNinja wrote:My life's been turned upside-down. Turns out my cousin a.k.a. "the person I used to call brother" was dating my ex-girlfriend when I broke up with her. Nobody said anything to me, until my cousin decided to tell me yesterday, after she broke up with him. I don't know what to do anymore. This knowledge was an unwelcome burden on an already burdened mind.
I'm not saying in anyway what he did was right, but perhaps he had feelings for this girl long before you two broke up, and out of respect for you, he waited. Then when you two had broken up he felt it too soon to tell you, but still had to make his move, as he'd been waiting so long to do so. He probably told you after cause he felt bad about not telling you sooner(I don't know how long this relationship went on, but if it was longer than a few months disregard what I just said, as he had ample time then).
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

OtakuNinja wrote:My life's been turned upside-down. Turns out my cousin a.k.a. "the person I used to call brother" was dating my ex-girlfriend when I broke up with her. Nobody said anything to me, until my cousin decided to tell me yesterday, after she broke up with him. I don't know what to do anymore.
this sounds sort of rough dude. i don't condone the actions of your ex or your cousin, because both of them went behind your back to do something they thought you might not approve of. Even if they hid it in an attempt to be sensitive to you, it was wrong.

I don't know how your relations with your cousin are, but if you're that close, it might do some good to sit down with him, have a chat, and explain why you're hurt.

it sounds like a kindergarten solution, but I've found it to be better than waiting for them to apologize out of shame or anger, and goes towards repairing bridges pretty quickly.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Yoh_Komori wrote:I'm not saying in anyway what he did was right, but perhaps he had feelings for this girl long before you two broke up, and out of respect for you, he waited.
If he'd had any respect, he wouldn't have been dating her behind the guy's back. There is no respect in that.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

They'd only known each other for a month when I broke up with her. That was almost two years ago. Two years.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

OtakuNinja wrote:They'd only known each other for a month when I broke up with her. That was almost two years ago. Two years.
That's pretty awful of your cousin. I could understand their initial desire to keep it secret, but two years is a pretty long stretch of time.

Given that it's your cousin, you probably don't want to write him off for good. Maybe it's better if you tell him you don't want to see him for a while, because there's obviously a disconnect between his ideas of the truth and yours. Some time away will also give him time to realize the seriousness of his offense.

Regardless of his intentions, he'll eventually understand how you feel and want to fix the problem. And better yet, he probably won't ever make the mistake again.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I can only hope. We don't live in the same town so we don't get to see each other very often. Maybe I'll stay home next time my family visit his family...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

SemisoftCheese wrote:I could understand their initial desire to keep it secret
Well, no shit. :lol: You don't exactly announce that you're kind of a shitty person from the rooftops.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."