ipod,psp

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
katawabloke

ipod,psp

Post by katawabloke »

hey has any one tried putting katawa shoujo on their ipod touch or psp i was just wondering if its possible if so how to do it i assume for the ipod you would have to jailbreak it i was just wondeing thanks it would be really usefull to have where ever i go :D
ShadeHaven

Re: ipod,psp

Post by ShadeHaven »

I doubt it would work. Unless there was a working windows emulator for an ipod touch on cydia or something, its not going to happen. You might be able to get one of those apps that controls your computer screen remotely, but that's probably the best you'll get. And I'm sure the psp's firmware, even homebrew, wouldn't support it either.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

ShadeHaven wrote:You might be able to get one of those apps that controls your computer screen remotely
Someone did this on /r/katawashoujo a week or two ago. He used a Remote Desktop Protocol app for his Android smartphone. I'm sure there are similar apps for iPod/iPhone. And it looks like VNC runs on PSP homebrew (you would need to install a VNC server on your main computer to get that to work), so the PSP option is open as well.
ShadeHaven wrote:that's probably the best you'll get.
Indeed.It's very unlikely that Katawa Shoujo will ever run natively on a smartphone or other handheld device.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
katawabloke

Post by katawabloke »

Mirrormn wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:You might be able to get one of those apps that controls your computer screen remotely
Someone did this on /r/katawashoujo a week or two ago. He used a Remote Desktop Protocol app for his Android smartphone. I'm sure there are similar apps for iPod/iPhone. And it looks like VNC runs on PSP homebrew (you would need to install a VNC server on your main computer to get that to work), so the PSP option is open as well.
ShadeHaven wrote:that's probably the best you'll get.
Indeed.It's very unlikely that Katawa Shoujo will ever run natively on a smartphone or other handheld device.
thank you for you help i guess if thats the best i can do itll have to work
RetroHelix

Post by RetroHelix »

Would it be possible with RenPSP (http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... sp-02.html)? I don't know much about the technical details but isnt Katawa Shoujo developed with RenPy?
demonix

Post by demonix »

If memory serves, it's a heavily modified version of RenPY so anything that uses the regular RenPY model (or whatever you call it) to run a program on another platform would probably won't work on this game.
onenightblitz

Post by onenightblitz »

RetroHelix wrote:Would it be possible with RenPSP (http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... sp-02.html)? I don't know much about the technical details but isnt Katawa Shoujo developed with RenPy?
Ran that. Open "ks_alpha".