Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

DESU

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by DESU »

well I never played shizune's path (hell I didn't play any other path besides hanako's because I didn't want to abandon mai waifu), and I thought shizune was mean, but I know that she was also a dedicated and hard worker, and she just wanted the best for the school. not to mention that she is the sole person in the student council for the whole damn school, besides misha.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Csihar wrote:
Mikage-sama wrote:D=< I hate you all Rin haters!!
Rin's kind of like, say... Björk. Not everybody's going to get her, but her fans (myself included) think she's the best thing since pickled eggs.
Replace the name Rin with Shizune, and you now know how I feel. It's particularly frustrating to read the criticism she gets from people who haven't played her path. They only see when she scare off Hanako and argues with Lilly. This puts them off so much they don't want to go down her route. Play the path, and then make your judgements. If you still hate her, that's fine with me. It's genuine criticism. At least give her a chance.
I agree with all this, and can say from experience. As I said in my post, I went in thinking I would only like Hanako. When Shizune scared her off, I didn't think much of it, it's just the way she is. After I went back and played Shizune's route though, she went from being a "meh" character for me, to being tied for my favorite.

As a better example, I didn't like Rin all that much when I started. I later went down her route and liked her a lot more after I did. Still not too huge of a fan of her, but I don't hate her either. Her personality is definitely interesting, I'll give her that, but it just kinda bugs me in some ways.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

I like all the girls. Lilly is my favorite, and my first choice, but I enjoyed all of their routes in Act 1 and look forward to exploring them all when the full game rolls out. In that, I consider myself fortunate.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I think I only disliked Emi's ending.

I kept thinking "GODDAMMIT WOMAN LET THE POOR KID EAT WHAT HE WANTS, ITS FESTIVAL DAY FOR CRISSAKES!"
Anon

Post by Anon »

kosherbacon wrote:I think I only disliked Emi's ending.

I kept thinking "GODDAMMIT WOMAN LET THE POOR KID EAT WHAT HE WANTS, ITS FESTIVAL DAY FOR CRISSAKES!"
My thoughts exactly.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

kosherbacon wrote:I think I only disliked Emi's ending.

LOL same here :lol: :lol:
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

He ate it anyway, the idiot. (-.-)

Post by Guest »

In determining the favorite girl, there are a few things that need to be assumed. First, that the context here is that I am deciding which ones I would most likely like to go out with, pursuing a romantic relationship (note that this preference might be different for friendship). Second, that my interest would be requited by the girls--the ordering here might be different if I take into account the girl I have the best chance with. Third, of course, that all the information I'm going to use will come from the demo and nothing else.

1. Lilly. Is it so surprising that the Yamato Nadeshiko of the group is the most appealing romantically to me? The fact that she seems to be the most mature out of the five helps. I find myself to have a lot in common with her. We have similar attitudes towards life and her calm is definitely infectious, something I need sorely in my life.

2. Rin. She paints without arms, defying what's expected of somebody like her. I have to respect that. Besides, the artsy one is very attractive to me largely because of her beautiful mind. I do not shy away from abstract philosophical conversations, and I can appreciate a girl who does not too. She and Lilly almost tie for first place.

3. Hanako. I'm sure I will not be the first one to describe Hanako to be "so moe it hurts." Her biggest asset, however, is that she likes reading and plays chess (and actually quite decent at it, too, revealing that she's not as weak-willed as we are led to believe), assuring me that we'd get along very well. The extreme shyness, however, goes past "adorable" into "a liability."

4. Shizune. Yes, I respect her assertiveness and her strong will. And the fact that her character seems so far to have the most layer. No, I do not appreciate her disliking Hanako because of her association with Lilly. That's just petty and reveals that despite appearances of otherwise, she's not very mature.

5. Emi. Emi would rank higher as a friend than as a love interest. As it stands (see what I did there? >_>), her only admirable quality is that, like Rin, she does something that directly defies her disability. Althoughly she's not necessarily a bad person (and I'm sure she means well), I don't like the way she decides Hisao's (my) diet. A little unhealthy food, especially on a festival like that, surely can't hurt that much.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I also like Shizune a lot. She used to be tied with Rin (actually a little bit above her) but then I just completely fell in love with Rin's personality and she became my utmost favourite making Shizune my 2nd favourite. I really love Shizune's personality and without a doubt if I ever met someone like her I'd fall in love with said person.

As probably was with most when I first saw the girls my favourite became Hanako but after playing and all that she's now my 4th favourite above Lilly. Yes I prefer Emi over them, because of her perseverance and she's pretty cute too.

And we need a Kenji path so he can become my 3rd favourite ^^ lol jk But I'm sure Kenji has got a fairly big amount of fans though
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I freakin like Kenji! This VN wouldn't be as good as it is without him :P
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

Smoku wrote:I freakin like Kenji! This VN wouldn't be as good as it is without him :P
I second that. Kenji supplies the comic relief of KS... so he's OK
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Smoku wrote:I freakin like Kenji! This VN wouldn't be as good as it is without him :P
I agree. Maybe it's just because there's nothing lost in translation with KS, but I thought Kenji was way funnier than most VN/anime/manga-style comic relief characters tend to be.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Csihar wrote:
I agree. Maybe it's just because there's nothing lost in translation with KS, but I thought Kenji was way funnier than most VN/anime/manga-style comic relief characters tend to be.
I think Kenji is most likely to loose some of the flavor of his writing in the various localizations, but as I get the pure stuff in english I'll leave the worries over that to the different localization groups. :mrgreen:

And to be vaguely on topic; Emi is always and will always be my favorite. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

Bara wrote: I think Kenji is most likely to loose some of the flavor of his writing in the various localizations, but as I get the pure stuff in english I'll leave the worries over that to the different localization groups. :mrgreen:

And to be vaguely on topic; Emi is always and will always be my favorite. :D
In my expert opinion, that will all depend on how the various translators go about translating. If they go for precision and absolute accuracy then he probably will, if they're bold enough to alter the meaning in order to make things sound natural, then the loss should be minimal.
Saika

Post by Saika »

Remember kids, never go to a manly picnic on the roof with a paranoid/anti-feminist Harry Potter.
To make this post relevant, Hanako. Period. Not for the scars, or the protective instinct. I'm sort of shy like she is around people I don't know, although not to the point of running away. So I kind of relate to her, I guess. Plus, I'm not the one to judge people on looks. From the first time I saw her, I knew that I would be able to get over the scars if it was an actual relationship. And she's just cute. :D