Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

SurviVR

Re: Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

Post by SurviVR »

I’m happy to hear that you are slowly on the mend, It’s nice to hear that you are returning to an old location that you felt happy in aswell, I will admit when I got the notification that you posted something I dropped everything I was doing to check if it was the final chapter but, I’m actually happier to see an update on how you’re doing! I hope everything goes the way you want it too and good luck with your new studies!

Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Hang in there, dude. You got this.

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
guthrum06

Post by guthrum06 »

Saki and Kayoko playing violin together is adorable. And heartbreaking.

Glad you are doing a bit better. I know we'll all happily wait as long as it takes for your conclusion to this amazing story.

My FanFics
Learning to Run (Complete) - Emi x Hisao in their 30s
Yamaku: the Next Generation (Complete) - Emi and Hisao's daughter goes to Yamaku.
Oil & Vinegar - Mutou and Nurse buddy one-shot

AlexFDSR

Post by AlexFDSR »

Glad to hear things are on the up, I'm sure things will keep getting better for ya, Euro.

If Iwanako had a route, would the tagline be "Can you find it in your heart?"
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

Hey mate,

Good to hear that you are doing better than you had been doing earlier this year, where things had gotten tough to put lightly, sometimes going back to our roots, to what we did before can allow us to take a step forward again in our journey, in finding the balance between work and our personal lives.

And in getting close to paying off your debts,a newer truck and in learning new things with CAD etc.

LTF has always been for you and us readers, a journey, exploration and many other things of your thoughts, experiences and processes like how Sopranos was this for Chase via Tony, his relationship to his mother, his thoughts on modern America at the time, his therapy and so on.

Same with Anno's own depression, view on okatu culture influenced NGE in its original product.

And like them, you took everything you have put, and experienced into Hisao, Saki that has made for a riveting story, a very applicability story that has resonated with so many people including myself, having gone through similar things like suicide attempts, self-hatred and struggling with our disability condition.

One that its been a true honour to have followed, be part of the experience and seeing things developed between Hisao/Saki, Chisato constantly making us laugh, cry and so on. The anticipation of meeting Saki's dad and seeing the dick in form.

It's something that myself and everyone here has enjoyed immensely and eternally grateful for, no matter how long it has taken, since we kept the faith that the wait would be worth it and everyone it has been.

Same with the artworks you have done that you have shared over Discord, it's so clear like LTF, you have real passion for it and the creativity, the love you have for the characters, the design is all truly there.

You are almost there with the end, bit more and everything will come full circle.

Take care mate

Kind Regards

Mamba

"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.
Resmyx

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

Post by Resmyx »

Hey EBJ, I hope you're holding together alright. I hope you'll be okay. Thanks for the update...

I uh, have had a rough year. I work too hard and live so little. My new job is exactly what I'm good at. The catch is my bosses do promotions and raises based on seniority, so unfortunately most of my talents are going to waste. I have no authority to fix the dozens of problems I see, nor the pay to make any extra effort I do worth it.

My job gives me one thing though: freedom to think. Instead of important work, I spend a lot of time floating around a sales floor talking to people who don't need help. Meanwhile, I'm free to imagine and daydream.

Dear EBJ, I think it's a great idea to go back to that escape room job. I get it. It's not much, but it does have an element of freedom to it. Freedom is important.

If I've learned anything from your personal anecdotes over the years, its that understanding your own pain and joy is the first step in building a balance. In other words, discovering yourself is how to start planning a future.

I will write. When I die, I'll be remembered for my writing. Depending on your point of view, I'm a little ahead, or 10-ish years behind. I have an okay job that gives me the freedom to think, tinker and invent. Now comes the hard part: I need to start writing and keep going.

10½ years of sticking with this fic is a lot. You've written so much. No matter how many times you take a break, you always eventually come back to it. Your commitment and determination to finishing Learning To Fly is an inspiration to us all.

For reference, 4 Leaf Studios was founded in 2007, only 5 years before KS' full release in 2012. Between 5 authors and 12 others, KS is 484,303 words. 5 years and 96,860 words per author compared to 10½ years and 296,011 words. Yes, LtF has double the time and basically three times the word count, not counting titles, images, pre-chapter notes, Misha side story, and other bits!

To paraphrase you from when you started LtF, "If a homeless person living out of his car, with an intimate relationship with suicide, can pull himself together and create this, and have it be so profound, then what the hell am I doing with my life?"

MrGooggles

Post by MrGooggles »

EBJ…
I just want to say, it took me a while. But I finally have caught up. It has been a rollercoaster reading this amazing work.

As I read, and kept seeing the long jumps in between the posting of chapters. I was anxious to see if it was ongoing or not (I’m kinda new to the forums and didn’t really check if there’s an ongoing tag) but with your recent post. Literally 6 days ago.

We believe in you man. I don’t know how much I can speak for others. But your story, has deeply affected me. You’ve put your heart and soul in this, and it shows.
To see such creativity and passion for something put into a story such as this one? Is mind blowing to me.

You’re going through tough times. I don’t know the specifics, but you are going to make it.
You’re a trooper. A fighter. You said it yourself, you’ve gone through some hard shit. That’s putting it lightly. But we believe in you. We support you. If you had/have a Patreon, or anything of the sorts. I’d happily support such a thing.
Artists like you, deserve to be loved. You deserve happiness.
While I am infatuated with this story, none of it would be possible without you.
I am so thankful for you writing this, it means so much. Please keep fighting. I think I can speak for most of us when I say this, but we are rooting for you.

Retornodelogay

Post by Retornodelogay »

Hey Euro!

First of all, I'm glad to read that things really are starting to look up. You put it into words way more beautifully than I could ever try, but reading LtF really has felt like peering a bit into your life over the course of 10 years. Whenever I think about how long you've been writing this I get genuinely dizzy, and it's weird to think this journey is coming to a close, even if I started reading just last year.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: absolutely no rush. The timing of the scene you're writing is... difficult in a way I can't really imagine. I admit that part of me also doesn't want it to end, since this fanfic has achieved that rare feeling of just wanting to spend more time with these characters, in whatever shape or form imaginable. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a recurrent read for me in the foreseeable future.

Anyway, don't want to write anything too long either. Just the best wishes from me, hope you have fun at your new (old) job and that things continue on the up for you!