The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bhtooefr

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by bhtooefr »

Rhodri wrote:parents killed in the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami
One thing worth noting is that Hisao's parents are in Tokyo (from Lilly's route, IIRC). So, Hisao himself is more likely to die from that than his parents are.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

One of the concepts I came up with that Hisao's parents are driving up to Sendai for a visit by the scenic route, stopping off at towns along the coast and get caught out by the tsunami at one stop.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Rhodri wrote:One of the concepts I came up with that Hisao's parents are driving up to Sendai for a visit by the scenic route, stopping off at towns along the coast and get caught out by the tsunami at one stop.
Wait... so does Hisao end up as an orphan in this headcanon? :o
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

NekoDude

Post by NekoDude »

I have headcanon about Jigoro.

I think he's really a shallow, insecure guy. (That's not hard to imagine.) He doesn't actually think that highly of himself. The reason he is insulting to everyone is that if HE'S not particularly bright or special, yet he has to tell you something you don't know, you must be really stupid.

I also think the feud between Jigoro and Hiroyuki might be really simple to explain. When Mayoi left, Hiroyuki knew where she went and may or may not have helped her get away. Regardless, he wouldn't tell Jigoro where she had gone. She has since re-established contact, but the old grudge remains.
Last edited by NekoDude on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Nekonomicon thread and downloads
White Mice music!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:One of the concepts I came up with that Hisao's parents are driving up to Sendai for a visit by the scenic route, stopping off at towns along the coast and get caught out by the tsunami at one stop.
And that's why Hisao's not buried with them, but with Emi and her father…
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I always pictured Hisao's parents passing away when they're old, not horrifically drowned in a tsunami :S.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Although Yuuko says,"I worried about the same thing when I graduated from high school. Um, I didn't go to school here, though…" (in Shizune's route), she's shading the truth. She's a transfer student who came here in second year after her physical traumas made it impossible to continue at the previous school. She graduated from Yamaku. Note that Yuuko has two conflicting canonical personalities; she's basically sensible and gives good advice, but she also suffers from ailments that make her distracted and unable to focus without extreme exertion of willpower.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Atario

Post by Atario »

Liminaut wrote:Akira: Trouble is, she got her position through nepotism and not by earning it. She knows it, everybody knows it, and she knows that everybody knows.
I may be wrong about this, but I believe nepotism is not seen as a bad thing in Japan.
Jeez, terrible timing, guys!
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I may be wrong about this, but I believe nepotism is not seen as a bad thing in Japan.
That probably depends on who you ask. Japanese are capable of jealousy just like everyone else, so some may look upon others who got ahead due to nepotism with disdain, but nepotism isn't exactly uncommon.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Guest Poster wrote:
That probably depends on who you ask. Japanese are capable of jealousy just like everyone else, so some may look upon others who got ahead due to nepotism with disdain, but nepotism isn't exactly uncommon.
That, and the organised crime, which may be related. Here's an interesting article about Japan/Italy similarities which contributed to my headcanon: LINK
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

brythain wrote:Note that Yuuko has two conflicting canonical personalities; she's basically sensible and gives good advice, but she also suffers from ailments that make her distracted and unable to focus without extreme exertion of willpower.
There is literally no conflict here at all..."Sensible with good advice" and "distractable" are not even a little mutually exclusive. Plus she's not even that distractable, just horribly clumsy and nervous...
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

Atario wrote:
Liminaut wrote:Akira: Trouble is, she got her position through nepotism and not by earning it. She knows it, everybody knows it, and she knows that everybody knows.
Too bad the company headquarters are in Scotland.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I feel that Hisao's relationship with his parents has suffered quite a bit due to his condition and being sent off to Yamaku.

Hisao almost never mentions or talks about his parents outside of the intro, and I know that while having no parents is kind of an RPG/VN staple, it's obvious that they are there.

His parents sent him to Yamaku because they were at a complete loss at what to do or how to help, and it was the "easiest" solution that required the least amount of effort on their part. Even with his condition, Hisao wouldn't have had to go to Yamaku at all. The only instance where he has another heart attack doesn't happen anywhere near the school grounds and the chances he's been taken to a different hospital than the one near Yamaku are pretty high.

Being picked up and transplanted to a new life, living on your own at a private academy, especially under those circumstances would be enough to shake anyone. The parents might have felt they were giving Hisao opportunities and a safety net, when the net he really needed the most was the ones his friends and family could give.

While it ends up alright in the end, I can't help but feel Hisao feels some resentment towards his parents over that.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
brythain

Post by brythain »

Khalego wrote:
brythain wrote:Note that Yuuko has two conflicting canonical personalities; she's basically sensible and gives good advice, but she also suffers from ailments that make her distracted and unable to focus without extreme exertion of willpower.
There is literally no conflict here at all..."Sensible with good advice" and "distractable" are not even a little mutually exclusive. Plus she's not even that distractable, just horribly clumsy and nervous...
There is literally no conflict, I agree. But from the perceptions of the characters, her nervous, clumsy nature make her initially not the kind of person you think of when you need advice.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The parents might have felt they were giving Hisao opportunities and a safety net, when the net he really needed the most was the ones his friends and family could give.
Except Hisao already lost contact with his old friends and classmates and due to his parents working long hours, he didn't see them very often at home either. If Hisao hadn't been sent to Yamaku, I imagine his life to have been pretty lonely.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.