KS-EVANGELION (2012)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sev'risk'avina

Re: KS-EVANGELION (2012)

Post by Sev'risk'avina »

LordDarknus wrote:Yeah, I think Silent Cook really doesn't like crossovers either (read it somewhere on the forum). Nor does he appreciate huge posts that might "glitch" the forum software (like the one I unfortunately made above ..oh boy). Two things I seem to unintentionally do a lot of actually.

That was all I saw in my head when I read that quote.

I do like how you were able to... base(?) this on the picture at the end. Being able to craft something of a story off of one piece like that I believe is a good skill to have. I hesitate to say easily inspired though, sounds almost condescending. I believe if you had mixed the two worlds a little more evenly (50:50 instead of the 80:20 it feels like) you could have turned the entire story into about the school scenes. That may have been more interesting... or not, as it lacks giant robots fighting. It would definitively be a larger project to work on though, not a quick little thing.

Making it a past tense recollection did kind of mess up what you mentioned about the everyone dies bit. You'd have to pull a Shyamalan (or a Doomish) to get that feeling back. Not that this piece was geared towards that, as far as I can see. It was a fun little piece to read in my opinion. So well done!
Dream

Post by Dream »

What does any of this has to do with NGE in the slightless?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Sev'risk'avina wrote:
LordDarknus wrote:Yeah, I think Silent Cook really doesn't like crossovers either (read it somewhere on the forum). Nor does he appreciate huge posts that might "glitch" the forum software (like the one I unfortunately made above ..oh boy). Two things I seem to unintentionally do a lot of actually.

Gah that would be awful!

Fortunately I give Many Many Thanks and Prays every night before I go to bed that I don't get permabanned from another forums.

Sev'risk'avina wrote:I do like how you were able to... base(?) this on the picture at the end. Being able to craft something of a story off of one piece like that I believe is a good skill to have. I hesitate to say easily inspired though, sounds almost condescending. I believe if you had mixed the two worlds a little more evenly (50:50 instead of the 80:20 it feels like) you could have turned the entire story into about the school scenes. That may have been more interesting... or not, as it lacks giant robots fighting. It would definitively be a larger project to work on though, not a quick little thing.

Making it a past tense recollection did kind of mess up what you mentioned about the everyone dies bit. You'd have to pull a Shyamalan (or a Doomish) to get that feeling back. Not that this piece was geared towards that, as far as I can see. It was a fun little piece to read in my opinion. So well done!
Meh, I'm easily amused.

I've had the idea for a bit of a while, just didn't have anything to work with until those pictures came along.

And I don't like large projects, because I don't have time to finish them.

Everyone dies.. that happens in Evangelion too, so it's kind of "foregone conclusion", in a way, I suppose. Or maybe not. I'm not sure.

But Thank You, Sev'risk'avina! I appreciate your Post!

Dream wrote:What does any of this has to do with NGE in the slightless?
Err, it's got giant robots and disturbing horror. And some of the things are based on Eva. ..you know? No?

Well, anyway, Thanks Again for Posting a reply to my fics Dream! Appreciated!
Dream

Post by Dream »

LordDarknus wrote:
Err, it's got giant robots and disturbing horror. And some of the things are based on Eva. ..you know? No?

*sigh* thought as much.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Dream wrote:
LordDarknus wrote:

*sigh* thought as much.

... :cry:

Also, about the sky canons again; I really doubt they can move, given their size, the only thing they can reliably hit is ..something fixed at a determinable point in space. Like say... another planet. The Enemy Planet. But;

Kinda like how the bugs launched that asteroid towards earth in Starship Troopers (though it was probably just propaganda), there's No Way to accurately build a superweapon that big capable of the precision to snipe a distant planet in outer space.

And even if they could build such a thing, there's no way they won't end up hitting an asteroid that might get in the way.

And even if the line of fire was clear, there's no way to pump enough power to decimate anything more than a city, thus the damage output is infinitesimally small compared to the staggering cost of building such a weapon.

And even if there was a way to put enough power surging through those sky canons, there's no way they can do enough damage in time to destroy the enemy planet's core, the planets would probably only be aligned in a straight line for a relatively brief amount of time.

And even they could do enough damage, there's no way the citizens of the city are going to believe or Want to build such unreliable and unintuitive weapons.

And even if the citizens or workers or slaves would build it, there's no way to do it on a discreet enough scale to hide it from the enemy.

And even if such a glaringly public weapons project could be hidden in plain sight, it would only attract the enemy to attack something they were spending so much time and money on.

And even if the enemy doesn't bother to attack, there's no way to build it safely enough that they don't accidentally blow themselves up when firing.

etc etc.
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Overall, the only thing logical enough those sky cannons can connect with are.. something metaphysical, hanging or appearing at a certain time in space, maybe a demon portal? Maybe a black hole that leads to the funky Happy-Go-Lucky Rei universe? Or just something out of '2001: A Space Odyssey'? ...or Buck Rogers?

Unless of course it's all just a giant fake-superweapon project for show, meant to confuse the heck out of the enemy.

Overall, that's just a small part of why I didn't go into a more detailed story-telling. Because I really can't circumvent around my own problems with the sky cannons, and I would pull my hair out trying.

Also;
LordDarknus wrote:
Sev'risk'avina wrote:

NO! YOU!
The Truth Is...
http://www.myspace.com/seele07/photos/1070413

Right iiiiinto, The Danger Zone! Danger Zone!
http://lparchive.org/Princess-Maker-2/Update%206/