Have Your Parents ever Confronted You about Katawa Shoujo?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Comrade

Re: Have Your Parents ever Confronted You about Katawa Shouj

Post by Comrade »

are those folders on your desktop? For H sake, use shortcuts. (unlessyou want your machine to break)
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Once I was using my laptop at a point where my desktop was like this http://i.gyazo.com/91a02d2371ead9e35de211db791bfc41.png
I find the folder labelled "Not Drugs" suspicious ;-)
But to be fair my parents are pretty okay with my Japan/Anime interests, and they know Im planning to move there after uni.
You might want to think that through thoroughly...

On Topic. No. I encouraged my mother to read act 1 after I finished the translation, but she wasn't interested.

When I watch Anime with my brother she sometimes remarks that the "children" are watching "kid's cartoons" again. (I'm 37 and my brother is 35.)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I care too much about my parents to liquify them, I just wish I could watch anime/read VNs without hiding in my laptop.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Once I was using my laptop at a point where my desktop was like this http://i.gyazo.com/91a02d2371ead9e35de211db791bfc41.png
I find the folder labelled "Not Drugs" suspicious ;-)
But to be fair my parents are pretty okay with my Japan/Anime interests, and they know Im planning to move there after uni.
You might want to think that through thoroughly...
I cant remember whats even in that folder.

Oh, that isnt just a "Whim" thing, ive been planning that for about 6 years now. Originally it did start out as a teenagers "Woah I want to live in Japan!" but now its more of a serious consideration after looking at work avalibility and numerous other factors.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Has my family ever found out or confronted me about KS? Thankfully, no.

On the other hand, I was brought up to be the discerning type, so maybe if I was found out, they'd have thought I would have used my better judgement about the subject matter.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

I'm sure my fiancee knows I'm on the forums pretty regularly, but she's never asked. We've talked about VNs before (mostly just discussions about the validity of the format), but never KS specifically. Not necessarily because I'm trying to hide it, I just don't think she'd be interested. It's just not her cup of tea.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

forgetmenot wrote:I'm sure my fiancee knows I'm on the forums pretty regularly, but she's never asked. We've talked about VNs before (mostly just discussions about the validity of the format), but never KS specifically. Not necessarily because I'm trying to hide it, I just don't think she'd be interested. It's just not her cup of tea.
The cripple fuck powers are found in curious places, son. You might be surprised.
An American, 2014
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

I live by myself some 60 miles from my parents, but whenever they and anyone in general comes around to visit, this beauty is removed from my desktop for something more generic. The whole family know that my older brother and I are into anime and manga and understand its more of a board medium for all ages than a narrow genre that caters to a young audience. Recently, my Mum asked if I enjoyed the most recent Evangelion film when it had a screening at an anime festival and last year when I went home for a visit, we got our Dad to watch Princess Mononoke with us. Results weren't positive. Afterwards I was saying to my brother, "I told you we should have used Spirited Away, he knows that won an Oscar! We just blew our one chance to get Dad into anime!"

But as for KS, I've only told two people about it and how it helped me get through a bad phase I was going through at the time, but I doubt I could ever explain it to my family, not even my brother, who's the sort to introduce me to series that might appeal to me (the most recent being Kill la Kill). Trying to explain to them about a game where a guy goes to a school for the disabled and falls in love with a fellow student isn't the easiest thing to do in my mind.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

On a side note, quite a few of my friends know about KS, a few have played it and enjoyed, some just call it an odd game and dont want a part in it.

Although, when my girlfriend saw me playing it, she asked me what it was, I responded with my usual "Cripple simulator 2007". Now, I think she went and did some research or something over a couple days, because 4-5 days later she text me with a simple "Hanako sucks, wheres my Emi at."

And that my friends is how I introduced my girlfriend to Visual Novels.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Rhodri wrote:I live by myself some 60 miles from my parents, but whenever they and anyone in general comes around to visit, this beauty is removed from my desktop for something more generic.
Best wallpaper that. Actually, make that second best wallpaper, but it's pretty close.
The whole family know that my older brother and I are into anime and manga and understand its more of a board medium for all ages than a narrow genre that caters to a young audience. Recently, my Mum asked if I enjoyed the most recent Evangelion film when it had a screening at an anime festival and last year when I went home for a visit, we got our Dad to watch Princess Mononoke with us. Results weren't positive. Afterwards I was saying to my brother, "I told you we should have used Spirited Away, he knows that won an Oscar! We just blew our one chance to get Dad into anime!"
Or Grave of the Fireflies, now that's a bloody great film! That said, I doubt I could ever get my parents to even consider it, given that their exposure to anime comes from my wee brother watching Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon. I think the idea that it's not just Kids TV would just be lost on them... but I might try Spirited Away, or maybe GotF. I introduced my youngest brother to Last Exile, so hopefully in a few years I can have some discussions with him about it. I'll let him discover KS on his own though.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:"Hanako sucks, wheres my Emi at."
Okay, I like Hanako a lot, but listen to me man... wife this girl. Now. She knows what's up.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
And that my friends is how I introduced my girlfriend to Visual Novels.
An American, 2014
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

My mom doesn't know how to use computers and my dad is familiar with the bronies. Even if he looked up what Katawa Shoujo is and found out Hanako is my favorite character in pretty much anything, me liking it really kind of pales in comparison to what type of shitty cartoons get fanbases these days.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I live alone.

But considering that my dad is disabled and one of my sisters adopted a disabled child, and I used to date a girl covered in burn scars, I'd say they wouldn't have too much objection to it.
Not Dead Yet
Numb

Post by Numb »

My family know. They actually helped a bit with my ideas for Blossom, back in the planning stage. They don't care that it's anime based, nor do I, they care that it has a message that somehow managed to get me writing more seriously. Everything before that point was a sub-3,000 word shitfest. Now I'm studying writing at the highest level available in my school. They know it has sex scenes too, and they still don't care. People are always so paranoid that their parents will judge them for knowing what a nipple even looks like, which, in my opinion, is ridiculous. If you hide things from them, they'll eventually find out. If you tell them about it from day one, they might be skeptical, but they'll accept it.
Currently working on: Notes for a new project (Coming Soon™)
I did KS and other songs on note blocks in Minecraft: Playlist here
Old works| Rooftops - An Emi Story| Christmas with the Hakamichis | Not Like Him - Rin Perspective|Blossom - A Miki pseudo-route