Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:Lilly feels her way past her bedside shelf, then stops. There's an old wooden music box there. She opens it, and a familiar tune begins to play. Lilly whispers, "Once people have come together, they shouldn't have to part."
I believe this is the first election results thread I've teared up at.
You're welcome. I find that Lilly brings out a lot of the more meditative aspects of my melancholy nature. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:I wonder if RAITA just didn't know thalidomide had been stopped for pregnant women since the early-to-mid 1960s, or was just using it as a shorthand?

...as a shorthand?
God fucking damnit :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Atario wrote:I wonder if RAITA just didn't know thalidomide had been stopped for pregnant women since the early-to-mid 1960s, or was just using it as a shorthand?
Well considering Schuppen Harnische (The doujin where the picture came from) was first released in the 90s or something I suppose thalidomide could still be used as an excuse then, if you said Rin was concieved in the 1970s
Not in the 1989 as KS suggests though.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

So having become re-acquainted with an old strategy game called Evil Genius, I have plunged into Google in search of a method to re-skin said Evil Genius as Shizune. This after building various characters in The Sims 4. I think I may have a problem...
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

He probably was using it as a shorthand. However,thalidomide is still on the market, albeit with rather strict guidelines concerning pregnancy. It is used to treat leprosy and certain forms of cancer.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Munchenhausen wrote:

...as a shorthand?
God fucking damnit :lol:
You know what's silly, I halfway imagined no one catching that or taking exception to it… :lol:
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Atario

Post by Atario »

Is this a known thorn in the side of the devs, or has it yet to be dealt with?

(snip)

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Atario wrote:Is this a known thorn in the side of the devs, or has it yet to be dealt with?

(snip)
Its known, and you get warnings for linking it.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I'm not even going to bother acting further on the two above posts, because what the fuck, really. I'm sorry for you two since you don't have any sense. No point in twisting the knife.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

Funny, last time I brought something like that to people's attention here, it resulted in trouble for the people on the other end of the link. This time I got berated instead. Interesting. So I guess I should just keep infringements to myself from now on unless I'm feeling like gambling.

Just for curiosity's sake, how did the company respond to legal demands?

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

You, know, now that WBS has stopped attempting to be a KS sequel. It actually looks pretty decent, from what theyve done so far, it looks like theyre serious about it atleast.
Atario wrote: Just for curiosity's sake, how did the company respond to legal demands?
If youre talking about WBS, theyve stopped trying to be a KS sequel, and renamed/relogo'd it.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Atario wrote:Just for curiosity's sake, how did the company respond to legal demands?
Far as I know, it doesn't, and good luck trying to reach them in the first place.

It's not that we don't appreciate heads-ups about infringements, it's only that linking them publically on the forums is just about the absolute worst way to go about it since it leads to more visibility, not less.

EDIT, A LITTLE LATER: ...actually, they seem to have changed their site. Here we go again...

EDIT AGAIN, MUCH LATER STILL: Well, about freaking time.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

I was sort of hoping the esteemed forum-goers here might click on the contact page and shit on them good and proper civilly educate them as to the error of their ways.

Or possibly even that a lawyer might be reading and take a moment to volunteer a truly scary-sounding missive…

But if getting hold of them has been a problem, you might send a letter via certified mail to the physical address appearing on their Whois record (obtained via use of an appropriate tool, which also reveals that their hosting provider is Rackspace, which might be interested themselves in these shenanigans and literally pulling the plug on them).

ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Random question of the day: What would be the best way to learn basic Japanese, not per se speaking or writing but able to read it and understand it?

I suppose learning Hiranaga & Katanaka wouldnt be that hard but Kanji is a whole another matter :| .

Just something that I was interested in learning for a while but never did. "Playing" through Katawa Shoujo did make me realise that I still want to learn it to be able to understand it for other things but I need some guidance.

It may not be even usefull in my immediate surrounding nor job related stuff but I like watching anime ,playing VN's and playing games and especially like games that are made in Japan (also I like japanese voice acting). So learning it just enough to be able to read it would benefit myself immensly.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

ogorhan wrote:Random question of the day: What would be the best way to learn basic Japanese, not per se speaking or writing but able to read it and understand it?.
http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/japanese/ is brilliant, I knew basic japanese before this, but this has brushed me up enough to semi fluent, and i know enough kanji to get by.