Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potato

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by Potato »

Oddball wrote:Just so you know (and because the article didn't include it for some reason), this is what the girl looks like.

I have seen far FAR worse looking people like that in fastfood places on a regular basis.
The article did link to a Facebook page with that picture though. Honestly, this is nothing...Bit of scarring around the mouth is the only really noticeable thing and that's not even disturbing. If I were in her shoes, I'd have flipped up the eyepatch. They want disturbing, give it to 'em and hope they choke on their dinner.

It did remind me of Hanako...Sadly.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:this seems relevant
Stay classy, Mississippi.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Potato wrote:this seems relevant. Sure hope she turns out okay...
That legitimately pisses me off. Not sure whether it's the fact that other patrons complained or the fact that an employee gave them the boot that is more shocking.

This shit should not happen. She and her family are customers for christ's sake, they have as much right to be there as the idiots gnawing on their chicken across the room. And that's not even factoring in the disability.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, KFC at least apologized by donating 30,000 to her medical bills, which is something.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Guest Poster wrote:Well, KFC at least apologized by donating 30,000 to her medical bills, which is something.
It is, but the sad thing is that it happened, and that the donation was likely damage control. Can't just be nice in the first place, can we?

On a lighter note, I think the scene where you cumfort Misha should be called "One in the Pink, and it All Stinks".
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:"cumfort"
What you did there. I see it.

However, late to the KFC party as I am, it's almost unthinkable that this could even happen - she's obviously not INTENDING to look like that at all, and if they absolutely can't bring their eyes to look at her, then either focus on the people they're talking to or gaze romantically at the chicken. I'm sure it's what they'd have done any other time :@
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Why isn't there a KFC in KS world btw? KFC is quite popular in japan, also Misha would love it <3:)) oh bubbly Misha...love calling her that, also love misha:)) not as much as Lili or Emi tho <3
AussieInquisitor

Post by AussieInquisitor »

Kibaro wrote:Why isn't there a KFC in KS world btw? KFC is quite popular in japan, also Misha would love it <3:)) oh bubbly Misha...love calling her that, also love misha:)) not as much as Lili or Emi tho <3
For all we know, there could have been one in the city; Hisao and co. merely never went to one, nor did the plot call for one. If its otherwise out of sight, no need to see it ...
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

AussieInquisitor wrote:
For all we know, there could have been one in the city; Hisao and co. merely never went to one, nor did the plot call for one. If its otherwise out of sight, no need to see it ...
lol yeah i know, it was just a disscussion about KFC in the rando KS discussion thread so i went with my share of KS KFC :)) if only KFC type food was healthy goooood that would make life so much better:(
Last edited by Kibaro on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AussieInquisitor

Heh, the moment it does (as well as when men colonise Mars), you'll be the first to hear from me.

Anyway, getting back onto the "random KS-related" track, I've been trying to get back into KS out of nostalgia, but so far couldn't bring myself to do it. Guess I left it on too good a note two years ago that a second or third time around would diminish the nostalgia.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

AussieInquisitor wrote:Heh, the moment it does (as well as when men colonise Mars), you'll be the first to hear from me.

Anyway, getting back onto the "random KS-related" track, I've been trying to get back into KS out of nostalgia, but so far couldn't bring myself to do it. Guess I left it on too good a note two years ago that a second or third time around would diminish the nostalgia.
what made you stop? im guessing you tried going with your favorite route, right?:P the route that made you be a fan of KS in the first place :P if it was me , i think that just listening the music in the menu screen, would bring back some feels on its own:))
Potato

Post by Potato »

AussieInquisitor wrote:Heh, the moment it does (as well as when men colonise Mars), you'll be the first to hear from me.

Nostalgia being diminished is a good thing. Embrace it.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

So I legitimately wonder if post-good ending Hisao and Emi were ever able to drink lemonade or have lemon flavored anything without cracking up. I mean, it's a dead horse joke to us, but to them, it's an incredibly silly inside joke. I can just imagine Hisao going to take a sip or something and then spitting it out everywhere when Emi started trying to stifle a laugh.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AussieInquisitor

Potato wrote:
Nostalgia being diminished is a good thing. Embrace it.
Oh, what the hey ..

*stands up on edge of nearest fountain* I'LL DO IT!!
SpunkySix wrote:So I legitimately wonder if post-good ending Hisao and Emi were ever able to drink lemonade or have lemon flavored anything without cracking up. I mean, it's a dead horse joke to us, but to them, it's an incredibly silly inside joke. I can just imagine Hisao going to take a sip or something and then spitting it out everywhere when Emi started trying to stifle a laugh.
Huh, who knows how many inside jokes would be making the rounds within the cast once all is said and done?

- Rhodri, 07/04/2015
Atario

Post by Atario »

SpunkySix wrote:So I legitimately wonder if post-good ending Hisao and Emi were ever able to drink lemonade or have lemon flavored anything without cracking up. I mean, it's a dead horse joke to us, but to them, it's an incredibly silly inside joke. I can just imagine Hisao going to take a sip or something and then spitting it out everywhere when Emi started trying to stifle a laugh.
I can imagine Hisao taking up a habit of buying her lemon-themed trinkets and hair decorations and whatnot as a joke occasionally, which all collects in various places till people start asking what's the significance of all the lemon stuff, at which point our couple either have to put it all away or else start making up stories as to what it means. Then one day, drunk with Kenji, Hisao lets slip the truth. Kenji freaks the fuck out, of course.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote