Girl's symbols

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yuiop705

Girl's symbols

Post by Yuiop705 »

I was thinking about if it was possible for each girl to have her own symbol. Something unique that captures who the girl is within the symbol. I know it would probably be a little difficult but I'm sure it is completely doable.
Darkness reveals what daytime hides Keelah Se'Lai
SpunkySix

Re: Girl's symbols

Post by SpunkySix »

I like the idea of each girl having an emblem. Should they be preexisting objects, or completely unique designs?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

I KNOW for a fact that there is someone who created symbols/flags/banners for each girl but I can't find them for the life of me.
My best guess it's somewhere in the fanart section here.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
Potato

Post by Potato »

Emi: Treadmill with a wall of spikes behind it. (Running from painful things)

Shizune: Risk board with a sad Shizune icon in the middle. (Lot of influence and trying to please people, still horribly incomplete and sad despite it)

Lilly: Teacup with her parents swimming in it, while she carries the giant cup forever on her back like some Greek myth. (Likes tea, is also way too subservient to family)

Rin: Paint palette with all the colors muddied and washed out. (Likes to paint, also really confusing and difficult to interpret and deal with.)

Hanako: Roasted marshmallow. (Scorched and damaged and dark outside, sweet and warm and delightful inside :3)
Last edited by Potato on Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Yuiop705

Post by Yuiop705 »

That is a good question. It would probably be easier to find an existing object that corresponds to each girl. I personally like the idea of a unique design as it seems to me to be a little bit more personal. I don't think that it will be easy to create a emblem design that truly captures each girl, but if someone was able too then I think that it would be much more awesome than an existing item as the emblem.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I could try it. Hm...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
brythain

Post by brythain »

I think if I were going minimalist, I'd start with a simple circle and go on from there.

Shizune: Circle, top half solid black, bottom half solid white. In the black semicircle a broad white arrow pointing up, the reverse below (black arrow on white). Symbolizes her tendency to see things as black/white, competitive (chess, go), and in terms of movement forward and backward.

Lilly: Circle, solid dark blue divided by silver diagonal cross. It's of course the cross of St Andrew, patron saint of Scotland. But it also symbolises Lilly's divided self, something that may forever separate her from some of those she thinks she loves. Also a nod to her (nominal?) Catholicism.

Emi: Circle, solid chrome yellow divided horizontally, black speedometer dial markings in upper half, lower half deliberately blank — she's the fastest thing on no legs.

Rin: Circle, solid red, a silver-white-grey stylised dandelion in the middle, occupying most of the space. If you look carefully, the eightfold arrow of chaos can be seen in the dandelion.

Hanako: Circle, yin/yang style divided vertically, except that the halves are medium brown and pale porcelain pinkish beige. The left side facing us is brown with a black circle symbolising her 'hidden' eye; the right side facing us is pink-beige with a white circle symbolising her 'hidden' mouth.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

There's always this.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:There's always this.
Was waiting for that...

@brythain: Hanako's mouth isn't hidden...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Potato wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:There's always this.
Was waiting for that...

@brythain: Hanako's mouth isn't hidden...
It's symbolically 'hidden' — she's shy about expressing herself.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Potato wrote:Hanako: Roasted marshmallow. (Scorched and damaged and dark outside, sweet and warm and delightful inside :3)
D' to the aaawww.
Hey, how about some of the other characters?
Yuuko: A toppling stack of books, symbolizing her job as a librarian and her... less than coordinated nature.
Kenji: His glasses, with both lenses made into the Mars Symbol.
Misha: Her drills, natch.
Jigoro: A katana against a background patterned like a Hawaiian shirt . (Unless there's an internationally recognized symbol for "huge jerk," then use that.)
Suzu: A comfy pillow.
Meiko: Her headscarf. (Alternately, no symbol, just "Stacy's Mom" on infinite repeat.)
Iwanako: A snowflake. Both because her one scene takes place in the snow, and because she strikes me as delicate.
Miki: Symbols are for gaylords.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Hideaki: a male symbol with a bow on it.
Also, that Hanako marshmallow one was simply adorable :D
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

emmjay wrote:Misha: Her drills, natch.
Drills made of upward-pointing pink triangles. (Downward-pointing was a Nazi way of indicating homosexuals, upward-pointing is a pride symbol.)
emmjay wrote:Jigoro: A katana against a background patterned like a Hawaiian shirt . (Unless there's an internationally recognized symbol for "huge jerk," then use that.)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Yuiop705

Post by Yuiop705 »

Wow theres some good suggestions is anyone with some artistic skill willing to give them a try?
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Yuiop705 wrote:Wow theres some good suggestions is anyone with some artistic skill willing to give them a try?
Don't run afoul of the 'no requests' rule, careful there.