When did misha start to like girls and who does she suit?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

RandomPerson

When did misha start to like girls and who does she suit?

Post by RandomPerson »

So I want to know when you all think misha started liking girls, did she just start with shizune? Or do you think it was a longer thing that she's always really known about?

Also as a little side question who else apart from shizune do you see misha going well with? But the rulse are: 1) it has to be believable, so you can't make up wild goose chases as a back story, it has to be clear and believable backstory. 2) it has to be a girl in katawa shoujo and can either be a side OR another main girl.

Aaannnnddd...... BEGIN!
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)
Grimnir

Re: When did misha start to like girls and who does she suit

Post by Grimnir »

I don't really know if Misha's inner coming out started with Shizune. She mentioned in the 'comforting scene' that Hisao is her first time with a boy.
But if her sexy times in the past took place before or after she fell in love with Shizune I can't tell.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Grimnir wrote:I don't really know if Misha's inner coming out started with Shizune. She mentioned in the 'comforting scene' that Hisao is her first time with a boy.
But if her sexy times in the past took place before or after she fell in love with Shizune I can't tell.
I would guess before, seeing as she seems really hooked on Shizune.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

SpunkySix wrote:I would guess before, seeing as she seems really hooked on Shizune.
True but there always is the possibility that she tried to forget her through mindless sex with other girls.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Are we really putting this much thought into a side character's sexuality?

Misha has always liked girls. She didn't turn gay, because that's not how it works.

It's implied by dialogue that part of her reason for attending Yamaku was to escape bullying due to her preferences, so she's been (sort of) out since before she attended Yamaku. Dialogue also implies that she's had at least one relationship (or at least sexual encounter) with a woman, who was not Shizune.

She's pretty gay. Hisao's just too thick to realize it until he gets flat out told about it.
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

ksfan1989 wrote:Are we really putting this much thought into a side character's sexuality?
Apparently.
ksfan1989 wrote:Misha has always liked girls. She didn't turn gay, because that's not how it works.
That's true, but realizing that she was could've took a while.
ksfan1989 wrote:It's implied by dialogue that part of her reason for attending Yamaku was to escape bullying due to her preferences, so she's been (sort of) out since before she attended Yamaku. Dialogue also implies that she's had at least one relationship (or at least sexual encounter) with a woman, who was not Shizune.
That's new to me, maybe I should reread that bit.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Grimnir wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I would guess before, seeing as she seems really hooked on Shizune.
True but there always is the possibility that she tried to forget her through mindless sex with other girls.
Also true.

This is kind of where speculation breaks down. :|
Potato

Post by Potato »

ksfan1989 wrote:that's not how it works.
As far as we know.

Anyway, she probably started as soon as she developed enough interest in human genitalia to make the call. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Grimnir wrote:That's new to me, maybe I should reread that bit.
I couldn't give you a scene number or anything, but it's part of Shizune's route. It comes up in the discussion about why she's at Yamaku, when she mentions that she's there on a scholarship. She doesn't come right out and say why she was bullied since we're still maintaining the illusion that she's not gay at that point, but there's not really a ton of ambiguity to it in retrospect.

Dialogue during Emi's route also suggests that she's picked up on the fact that Misha likes pockets more than pool cues, and they don't even share a class. It doesn't seem to be much of a secret.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:Dialogue during Emi's route also suggests that she's picked up on the fact that Misha likes pockets more than pool cues, and they don't even share a class. It doesn't seem to be much of a secret.
Where is that? I missed that cue.
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
ksfan1989 wrote:Dialogue during Emi's route also suggests that she's picked up on the fact that Misha likes pockets more than pool cues, and they don't even share a class. It doesn't seem to be much of a secret.
Miss too many and you'll be out of pocket too…
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

brythain wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Miss too many and you'll be out of pocket too…
So that's why I can never sink it...
Atario

Post by Atario »

ksfan1989 wrote:She's pretty gay. Hisao's just too thick to realize it until he gets flat out told about it.
I'd love to know what he's supposed to have picked up on prior to being told the backstory…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Atario wrote:
ksfan1989 wrote:She's pretty gay. Hisao's just too thick to realize it until he gets flat out told about it.
I'd love to know what he's supposed to have picked up on prior to being told the backstory…
Yeah, I certainly couldn't see anything. She actually reminded me a lot of a friend of mine... and I'm pretty sure she's not.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

Atario wrote:
Yeah...Pretty sure nobody picked up on it until she told it. xD
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.