Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (New NSFW Art 2/22)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Learning To Fly - A Saki pseudo-route (Updated 11/12)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

First of all, congratulations on your engagement.

Second, congrats on being finally on the home stretch with this story - probably the longest running story around here.
The mood has been sober for a while now, and it has been clear for a while that the story is not headed for a rainbows and sunshine ending, but I have been enjoying it nevertheless!

I've never seen the "RomCom-clause" referred to as this, but it is a good policy to follow nevertheless!

Also:

I don’t think she meant her and I me sharing a room together.

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sulik

Post by Sulik »

The forum's changed domains and we've got a new update, suddenly
I will be satisfied, but saddened when it's over. In many ways this is the last spark from an older era to me
Also, I'll need to find something new to look forward to.
I look forward to it, nonetheless

Edit: On that note, what's with the "KS discord" everyone mentions here and there in posts across the forum? I considered making a thread asking, but it seems a bit much

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's called "Yamaku Academy".
Not sure if you need an invite to join, but I'll tag this post there, so someone should contact you.

Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feurox

Post by Feurox »

I dropped an invite via messages! Apologies for the delay. I try to invite any frequent posters to the server, but sometimes it slips by me.

I wasn't planning on commenting just yet Euro, but I enjoyed the latest chapter. And congrats again on the engagement etc. Looking forward to the conclusion of this story man.

My Molly Route
Ekephrasis and Other Stories
I hate when people ruin perfectly good literature with literary terminology.
- CraftyAtom
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be about another week or so before I'm able to finish the story. I really wanted to have it finished by the 10-year anniversary, but my work just dropped me into a 60 hour week, and the final chapter is only about halfway done. I don't see myself finishing it in the next 48 hours, at least to the standard that I would like and that everybody deserves.

Thanks for waiting 10 years, hopefully another week or so won't be too much :)

Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Eurobeatjester wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:47 am

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be about another week or so before I'm able to finish the story. I really wanted to have it finished by the 10-year anniversary, but my work just dropped me into a 60 hour week, and the final chapter is only about halfway done. I don't see myself finishing it in the next 48 hours, at least to the standard that I would like and that everybody deserves.

Good things come to those that wait, my man, a week won't make a difference to me.

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
Map217

Post by Map217 »

Eurobeatjester wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:47 am

Take all the time you need. We've all waited varying amounts of time and I'm sure we can all wait some more.

Good luck with your work.

I'm a bit late to all this huh?
Blackmambauk

Post by Blackmambauk »

No worries Euro, know it's frustrating since you were very determined to have the final chapter out for the 10th anniversary.

But Real life always comes first, we have been patient throughout the years because we know the wait is always worth it and know that the final chapter will be truly special.

Hang in there this week and hopefully you will get time and energy to finish it up next week.

"I think the greatest skill a writer can have is simply having confidence in themselves to tell the story they want to tell, and to have confidence that their audience will make up their own minds on their story and characters." Blackmambauk

Favourite Route= All the Routes were done well. Each had it's strengths and weak points. But none were bad, a brilliant achievement by the KS Team.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Ten years. Ten crazy years.

Been a wild ride.

The good news is, the final piece of art for the route is done! I'll drop it when the chapter gets posted!

Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
hdkv
new forum host for the next 15 years

Post by hdkv »

Eurobeatjester wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:45 pm

Ten years. Ten crazy years.

Congratulations, by the way :) that was good journey and I'm looking forward for the last piece of it.

I provide tech support for this forum. Ping me by email, Discord or DM.
forums changelog
Fleeting Heartbeat Studios: site, Discord.

Monsto

Post by Monsto »

The old forums never sent me the (re)verification email to (re)activate this account, but the new host has finally sent the email, allowing me to finally send this comment:

This was an absolutely wonderful ride to have witnessed for years, from its humble origins trying to fit Saki into the structure of Act 1 to the story that just kept on giving and improving as we approach to the end of Act 4 and the Epilogues. I both dread and anticipate the final Epilogue, all of us knowing the inevitable fate of Saki, but keeping our fingers crossed that the life they may have up to that point was worth it all.
I think your writing has and will continue to influence the style of other writers who come across your fanfic. I know it has influenced the way I see fan labor as a whole from an expression of feelings to a statement on how the original material has resonated with an individual's experiences that made them the person they are today.
So please, take your time when cooking the final chapters. We will happily wait as long as it needs so that your personal life can be focused upon when needed.

Wetworth

Post by Wetworth »

I am going to join in the tradition of making an account here solely for the purpose of leaving my thoughts in this thread. My brief story: I found the game about a year after it's release, it was my first VN, and it helped me cope through a tough period in my life. I found Learning to Fly around the time the third arc was ending.

Eurobeatjester, I have never met you. I will never meet you, which is a shame, you seem like a good person. The only way I know you is through the words you've shared with us. Most of those words are about Saki and her (sometimes dense) boyfriend, Hisao. But those are not the only words you've shared with this community. Over the past week I have read through all 80 pages of this thread. Once I was finished it occured to me that I had just inadvertently followed an entire decade of a stranger's life. That in this forum thread there are two stories happening concurrently, the story of Saki and Hisao and the story of Eurobeatjester. I lost count of how many times you had to move. So, as I (we) anxiously await the conclusion to the most engaging Katawa Shoujo storyline ever written, I am deeply and sincerely happy that you seem to have found a place where you are content.

Retornodelogay

Post by Retornodelogay »

Yet another one of those "making an account just to leave a comment on Learning to Fly". I came across this fanfic by pure chance a couple of months ago and I'm so glad I did. Not only did you give Hisao some much needed personality but managed to craft such an incredible, believable and layered character out of a picture and a couple lines of text. I've been more invested in this forum than I've been in a lot, hell, the majority of fully featured novels out there.

You've also managed to navigate very complicated themes with care and respect, making sure the emotional notes hit without treating the characters as collateral in the drama. And what emotional notes, gosh, I still get chills thinking about the last recital and how beautifully written it is. I'm patiently waiting on the next chapter (and epilogues!) but if you couldn't manage to get it out for whatever reason, know the trip has already been way worth it.

I started to read out of sheer curiosity, as my grandma had ataxia (obviously not the same kind as Saki, as you can probably guess from her being my grandma) and I also happen to need a cane from time to time for unrelated reasons, which isn't something you see very often in characters around my age. I never expected to get such an emotional and well written rollercoaster.

All this to say, thank you for writing this and I hope things go really well for you in general, whether you're able to keep writing or not!

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

I swear, life has been conspiring against me to make sure I don't get this thing finished.

I have about half the finale done, and the last two months have been hell. Work has been very busy but challenging, leaving almost no room for any work/life balance. On top of all that, the following has been going on.

• Had to move into a new place again, the 9th in the last 12 years. I should be here for a full year and it looks like it's going to be stable.

• Unfortunately, the relationship didn't work out, and it's been incredibly rough dealing with the emotional fallout from that.

• My grandfather had a mild stroke at the end of December. He's okay and recovered well, but it was his first issue like that and it's been a pretty big scare to the family.

• Had my identity stolen.

• I had to put down my cat Mara last week. She was my best friend of twelve years. She was eight when I adopted her a few months after I moved into my new city in 2012. She made it to 20 years old and I miss her terribly.

• Right off the back of the last one, I'm currently dealing with RSV and walking pneumonia.

When it rains it pours.

I'm still plugging away to get it done; just wanted to give you guys an update and a reason for the silence.

On the plus side, the final piece of artwork for the route has been finished, and I'll post it along with the finale when I'm able to get it done to where I'm happy posting it :D

Thank you everyone for the comments and well wishes. They mean a lot to me :D

Last edited by Eurobeatjester on Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blank Mage wrote:
believe in yourself
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Love ya, man. Keep pluggin' away :)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.