Developments (Post-Lilly NE) [Complete, 2015-08-11]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

bhtooefr

Re: Developments, Chapter 28

Post by bhtooefr »

dewelar wrote:"Heh...not "trouble" exactly, but definitely girl-related – specifically, spitting-out-how-I-feel-about-a-girl-related." Yoshi sighs, his face pointed toward the ceiling. "I'm just trying to find the right way to approach her. Since my advice worked so well for you with Satou, I suppose I could try the direct approach myself...although since the two are pretty far apart personality-wise, maybe not."
OK, there's about three girls I'm thinking that could refer to, depending on what personality aspects he's referring to. Unless this is a red herring.

One of them, he'd be working with closely, and isn't story relevant. (Although, Shizune getting laid might mellow her out a bit when Lilly returns...)

The other two... A CHALLENGER APPEARS?

Edit: Actually, now that I reread that passage... Yeah, a challenger appears. For Hanako. I think. Both Shizune and Emi would welcome the direct approach pretty obviously, whereas Hanako welcoming it would not be obvious.

Edit 2: Wait a second...
dewelar wrote:"Okay, these two girls, they're both Yamaku students, right?"

"Yeah," I say, not sure why that would matter.

"Okay, good," he says with an odd tone in his voice. The rest of what Yoshi says comes out in a bit of a rush. "That's good."
It's not a student... And he's also closely working with someone who the direct approach doesn't work with that well... And she also has a fanon history of dating Yamaku students...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Re: Developments (Post-Lilly Bad End) [Ch 28 up 12/12]

Post by Mirage_GSM »

My first thought was that another safety net was unfolding for Hanako - especially since in this chapter he seemed to be leaning towards Emi pretty obviously - but the thing about the students was a nice catch...
Only minor nitpick is the time-skip. That one could use some visual pointing out.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Only minor nitpick is the time-skip. That one could use some visual pointing out.
You're talking about the one from the end of the conversation with Yoshi to the next morning, I presume. Yeah, I couldn't come up with something to fill in that was satisfying to me, so I thought it was reasonable to leave it as it is. I can always ponder and fill it in later if I come up with something (wouldn't be the first time I've done it :) ).
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Mirage_GSM wrote:especially since in this chapter he seemed to be leaning towards Emi pretty obviously
But he flip-flops more than John Kerry was accused of in the 2004 US presidential elections.

Next chapter will probably reverse that, if dewelar keeps things up the way he has been. :P
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

This chapter made me realize how much of a mentor figure Nurse becomes in this fic.

I mean, he's always important in canon, but in a lot of paths he kind of fades out, and even in Emi's route he doesn't really get too personal with Hisao. But in this fic he's like Hisao's Qui-Gon.

I like it, I just think it's interesting. And it makes me think more closely about the very contrary way I handle him in my own story.

Also, I'm not going to lie. I'm really hoping you're going to swerve us all and have Hisao fall in love with a total dark horse candidate like Miss Miyagi.
bhtooefr wrote:But he flip-flops more than John Kerry was accused of in the 2004 US presidential elections.
You do realize there could be people browsing these forums who were born after that reference was topical, right?
Last edited by Leaty on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Leaty wrote:This chapter made me realize how much of a mentor figure Nurse becomes in this fic.

I mean, he's always important in canon, but in a lot of paths he kind of fades out, and even in Emi's route he doesn't really get too personal with Hisao. But in this fic he's like Hisao's Qui-Gon.
You know...when I read my chapters to my friend, I'd been reading Nurse in a George Takei-ish voice. I'm now totally switching to Liam Neeson :D .
Also, I'm not going to lie. I'm really hoping you're going to swerve us all and have Hisao fall in love with a total dark horse candidate like Miss Miyagi.
*takes notes* :twisted:
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Leaty wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:But he flip-flops more than John Kerry was accused of in the 2004 US presidential elections.
You do realize there could be people browsing these forums who were born after that reference was topical, right?
I would hope there's not 9 year olds browsing these forums! (But, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people on here who were too young to get that reference...)

And, Nurse will always have Zapp Brannigan's voice in my head.

Edit: If we're tossing out dark horse candidates... Calling it now. Naomi x Natsume x Hisao OT3. You heard it here first, folks. No, that makes no sense. And I'm not even sure if Naomi and Natsume are a thing in this story.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

bhtooefr wrote:And, Nurse will always have Zapp Brannigan's voice in my head.
Emi, I've made it with your mother. Inform the men.

In all seriousness, Hisao seems as unsure of himself as ever in this chapter. You write his state of mind well, but god it is frustrating to read sometimes. So well done? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

But seriously, Hisao. Just man the fuck up and get with Meiko already.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

dewelar wrote:
You know...when I read my chapters to my friend, I'd been reading Nurse in a George Takei-ish voice. I'm now totally switching to Liam Neeson :D .
I always imagined that kinda voice too. For some reason it seems to fit. Then again I also gave Mutuo a similar voice, so I'm probably just not very creative in the voices I give people.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Frosticle

Post by Frosticle »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:
dewelar wrote:
I always imagined that kinda voice too. For some reason it seems to fit. Then again I also gave Mutuo a similar voice, so I'm probably just not very creative in the voices I give people.
To me, Mutuo will always be Batman.
Now we rise,
And we are everywhere.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

In my head, Mutou is voiced by JK Simmons.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Leaty wrote:In my head, Mutou is voiced by JK Simmons.
AKA Cave Johnson? That is awesome.
Best girl

Best route
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:
AKA J. Jonah Jameson, you mean.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

forgetmenot wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:
AKA J. Jonah Jameson, you mean.
Yeah, him too. Man that guy plays a lot of awesome roles.
Best girl

Best route
hyroglyphixs

Post by hyroglyphixs »

forgetmenot wrote:
bhtooefr wrote: But seriously, Hisao. Just man the fuck up and get with Meiko already.

I like the way you think :P

Again, great chapter! I don't even know who to cheer for to be completely honest.. but I guess that's what you're going for :?
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~