Hanako's presents

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: Hanako's presents

Post by YZQ »

Hanako. Lily. Chocolate chess set. Liquor. Middle of the night.

Enjoy.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Shizune teaching Hanako some chess moves? Not after "Chess Tactics for Champions." I can see Hanako laying the law down on Shizune after that, now where is that one fan art...
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Phantom mask present for Hanako? Has someone been reading the notes for my fic? ;)
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Fundamentally, Hanako is weaker than Shizune. She needs time to ponder, which is how Shizune presses her advantage.

Come on, phil. We had a discussion about the mask and the book/play.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Phantom mask for Hanako? Has someone been reading the notes for my fic?
I don't know of any notes...The mask just seems fitting.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Wasn't it Sisterhood where the author had her get a hairclip at some point?

From a "meaning behind this present"-PoV, that's one of the most powerful presents you could get someone like Hanako. Right up there with a see through top.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Getting her to expose her midriff goes along the same idea.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Carighan wrote:Right up there with a see through top.
Okay, nobody's giving her that for meaning and you know it. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Carighan wrote:Wasn't it Sisterhood where the author had her get a hairclip at some point?

From a "meaning behind this present"-PoV, that's one of the most powerful presents you could get someone like Hanako. Right up there with a see through top.

Yeah, I loved the hairclip.

Cute clothes are always a nice idea (probably nothing too sexy just yet. Or even jewelry, like a little heart necklace. Hmmm, do they have boy/girlfriend rings?

Also, a hardback, or a signed copy of her favorite book would be cool. I don't recall there being any mention of her having any in her room. Which seems odd for a such a rabid reader.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

She probably didn't have the money to buy books, or energy to wait in the queues. Being on a shoestring budget totally sucks as a teenager.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:She probably didn't have the money to buy books, or energy to wait in the queues. Being on a shoestring budget totally sucks as a teenager.

Which makes it doubly sad that nobodies ever given her one, or she hasn't picked any up at a used bookstore.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

There is her "friends" issue. I suspect that she is content with just reading books and not having to own them. She knows that she has no space in her dorm room, and after Yamaku, she has no idea where she's ending up.
Last edited by YZQ on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Well it does make sense that she can just borrow books from the library. Since that nice back corner with the beanbags is a comfortable spot for her, she just curls up with a library book and reads. "Life of Pi" was her own book though, I wonder how she got it...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Give anyone more than 10 hours a day for at least 5 days a week to explore the library, and you can find almost any book the library has to offer.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Regardless of which doll she got, I really didn't see any indication that she liked dolls in the game
Well, other than the fact that when she puts Lilly's doll on the shelf in her room you can see that there's already a doll there. I'd still consider that a valid indication.
Phantom Mask stuff
There are actually masks for burn victims that kind of look like the phantom mask. They're pressure masks and certain burn victims wear them. They're not there to hide the victim's face, but rather to make sure the facial burns heal better. That said, I'd be surprised if Hanako wore one...it stands out even more than her scars.
Wasn't it Sisterhood where the author had her get a hairclip at some point?
Yeah, Hisao got her a hairclip on their first date. The lock of hair kept getting in the way when he kissed her. She only wears it when she's alone with Hisao or Lilly.
On a similar note, did anyone prefer the presents in Hanako's route over Lilly's? A doll and a teddy bear seemed like awfully childish presents. While an expensive doll and nice chess set = classy.
Hanako seemed to like them. Personally, I don't think it's inappropriate because I think part of Hanako is still rather child-like. Hanako lived in near-complete social isolation for nearly a decade and she herself mentioned she considered her life "on hold" while at the orphanage. That probably resulted in arrested emotional development to some degree...like her underdeveloped social skills. CPL_Crud once mentioned that Hanako still has her emotional puberty ahead of her. Intellectually she's kept up with her peers, but I think on an emotional level she still has many child-like qualities. (like running away whenever she feels uncomfortable) With that in mind, I don't think it's weird that Hanako would like dolls and pluche toys.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.