The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dr. Casey

Re: The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Post by Dr. Casey »

I would be surprised if Hanako never struggled with any suicidal thoughts or feelings, and in the realm of suicidal ideation I think she would rank well above the other girls, but I don't think the chances that she will ultimately go through with the deed are much higher than they would be for any of the other Katawa Shoujo characters. It's not completely outside the realm of possibility that she would kill herself, though, wheras such a thing would be pretty much unimaginable for Shizune, Lilly, or Emi. I could see Hanako possibly killing herself if, say, she never met Lilly or Hisao, nor anyone else who cared for her or took her under their wing as a friend. With her feelings of loneliness and isolation and living an empty life deepening over the years, along with an increasing sense of hopelessness that things will ever change, she might eventually end up killing herself in her 20s or 30s somewhere - she wouldn't even have the classic excuse of 'Commiting suicide would hurt those who love me' to fall back on. But yeah, overall I would place Hanako firmly in the 'not a danger to herself' category.

I might consider Rin more of a suicide risk than Hanako. Hanako does have things to live for - Lilly and Akira (who, even if they move to Scotland, will always serve as a reminder that there are people in the world that she can forge close relationships with), she has passions for things like chess and reading, and so on. Rin doesn't really have much outside Hisao's route except extreme amounts of frustration, isolation, confusion, and emptiness. She also has a penchance for expressing herself in dramatic ways (locking herself up in the atelier for days, the whole smoking episode)... I could envision killing herself as falling within that pattern.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Katie, before I go back in time and murder you parents so that you wouldn't say/type this, tell me this; what the fuck is wrong with you?
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Dr. Casey wrote:I might consider Rin more of a suicide risk than Hanako.
Didn't the Devs say Rin commits suicide after one her "bad" endings?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Steinherz wrote:
Remember that the developers love trolling and going off-canon.

Even if they meant it, we'd have no sure-fire way of knowing. At least, not without a Katawa Shoujo extension/DLC...
Last edited by Umber on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Hans PK
Location: I'm trapped in your device please please help me oh god oh god

Post by Hans PK »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:Katie, before I go back in time and murder you parents so that you wouldn't say/type this, tell me this; what the fuck is wrong with you?

Newbishness, most likely. Please, don't time travel. It's really not worth the paradoxes that you'll cause.
What is there left to say?
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Steinherz wrote:
I was actually thinking about this myself, though if I remember correctly that was actually just a popular rumor that Rin's author ended up debunking. If there was ever a moment in KS where suicide would seem to naturally follow, though, that would be near the top.

And I love that new Misha avatar, Wumbology.
StudyOfWumbology

Hans PK wrote:
StudyOfWumbology wrote:Katie, before I go back in time and murder you parents so that you wouldn't say/type this, tell me this; what the fuck is wrong with you?

Newbishness, most likely. Please, don't time travel. It's really not worth the paradoxes that you'll cause.
But it is, for my beloved Shiichan.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Well, teenagers tend to be little churning bundles of hormones and emotions. So its no wonder they'd be high strung and overreact to drama. Just ask any parent. :)

Although whether this is still true by the time they hit 18-19 is a whole other question.
Last edited by pandaphil on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

pandaphil wrote:Well, teenagers are know to be little bundles of mormones and emotions. So its no wonder they'd be high strung and overreact to drama.

Although whether this is still true by the time they hit 18-19 is a whole other question.
Yes, yes it is true.
It's still true for when they're in their 20's :lol: (college is lovely)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umber wrote:Misha, on the other hand, suffers from being a constant arms-distance away from her beloved.
This wouldn't be the case, maybe, if she loved Rin instead...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Well, teenagers tend to be little churning bundles of hormones and emotions. So its no wonder they'd be high strung and overreact to drama. Just ask any parent. :)

Guess my folks had it easy. My elder bro and I didn't give them much trouble, apart from my bro moving out of the house for a short while. Guess he came back because he know he can't wash/iron his clothes to save his life.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
StudyOfWumbology

Xanatos wrote:
Umber wrote:Misha, on the other hand, suffers from being a constant arms-distance away from her beloved.
This wouldn't be the case, maybe, if she loved Rin instead...
I shouldn't be disappointed considering you are xanatos but damn, that's a little too far.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Calm down. You don't have to like every topic that gets posted here, but you shouldn't be attacking people who might bring a new insight into the VN. Yes, i know what kind of insight Katie brings, i don't care. The principle still holds.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Katie

Post by Katie »

Dream loves me! <3 (Though Wumbo's post turned me on. I'm a masochist.)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Katie wrote:Dream loves me! <3 (Though Wumbo's post turned me on. I'm a masochist.)
Congrats! I hope you'll both be very happy together. :D
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.