The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umber

Re: The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Post by Umber »

pandaphil wrote:I take it you've been reading up on the Beta then Katie? :)
Even after the first fifteen reads of the OP, I felt that nudging me somewhere in the head. The beta is a dark, scary place.

Some civility/order in here, sweet. Can't shake this iffy-ness out of my system, about this thread, though. Touchy topics, these are.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Velitation

Post by Velitation »

(deleted)
Last edited by Velitation on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[fahsign]Velitation[/fahsign] Remember, it's just a game.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

But if you guys want to get dark, I've got a few doozies. :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Let me respond to your question with a question:

Whenever Nomiya rapes Rin over his lust for her (and trust me, he will - outside of Rin's Good Ending anyway), do you think Hisao would kill himself in turn from the guilt?

No, don't answer that. It's used entirely for the purposes of illustration. You are making a pretty huge assumption, asserting it as indisputable fact, then asking what will come from there.

Were I to grant your (absurd) premise, my answer would be "no," because that sort of despair is antithetical to who and what Shizune is. There would be some serious soul searching, and the ever-present question during grieving of what went wrong, but Shizune isn't the type to let one failure - no matter how large - throw her into a depression from which she never recovers.

As for why your premise is absurd, I'd argue that you aren't giving Misha the credit she deserves. Although she's perhaps dealing with the issue in an unhealthy matter, Misha actually has a very mature understanding of her relationship with Shizune. She wants Shizune, but she knows that it's not to be. She can tell herself it's all for the better that things are as they are, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. The complication we see in the rooftop confession is that Shizune has Hisao. Misha feels that Hisao has taken her place entirely, and it hurts her to see that, but she knows it would be nothing but selfishness for her to try taking that away. Similarly, she'd see taking her own life as selfish, too. "I wish I would die" and "I want to kill myself" aren't necessarily the same thing. There are (sadly) very many people who would never consider even for a moment killing themselves, but do imagine that things would be better if some freak accident happened to write them out of the picture.

In the circumstances when Hisao isn't involved with Shizune and Misha, things would play out a little differently, but not by too much. Misha would get sad and depressed for a bit. She may act out in an overly emotional manner in some way or another (although nothing as extreme as suicide), but she'll decide to move on, just as she decided to move on from her previous life to Yamaku. She'll redouble her efforts in school, and move to America, to start life anew, and, hopefully, find happiness in that new start.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think part of the problem the OP has is that she seems to be looking at the characters in terms of generic drama potential rather than anything that people would realistically do. "I'm sad, so I'm going to kill myself," is the very definition of melodrama.

Maybe early plans for Misha did involve her death, but things changed quite a bit in development.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... protomisha
Not Dead Yet
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think you nailed it Prof. Yes, she'll be deeply hurt for awhile. Cry, and be horribly depressed. But eventually, maybe in as little as a couple of weeks, the truth will finally sink in and she'll start to put her life together and move on.

And Shizune is too strong a person to ever consider such a thing. Yes she'd mourn her friend, but she'd probably adjust fairly quickly and get on with her life.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I read the first post and it sounds like someone has read the beta... :roll: I bet Silentcook will lock this thread as soon as he sees it.

This is what happened last time...
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Katie

Post by Katie »

I actually don't know anything about the beta at all. This thread is based purely upon the finished version.
Oddball wrote:I think part of the problem the OP has is that she seems to be looking at the characters in terms of generic drama potential rather than anything that people would realistically do. "I'm sad, so I'm going to kill myself," is the very definition of melodrama.

Maybe early plans for Misha did involve her death, but things changed quite a bit in development.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... protomisha
So people never kill themselves because they are sad in real life?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Katie wrote:So people never kill themselves because they are sad in real life?
Misha wouldn't commit suicide just because Hisao and Shizune are a couple. She's already had a lot of time to get over the rejection, so why kill herself now? Maybe she'll be sad for a few weeks, but ultimately she would be happy for their sake. Just like Hanako is in Lilly's route and vice versa. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

This sounds remarkably like this shitstorm that was Fyn's Disturbing Questions topic. Infer from that what you will.

Katie, if you really must explore the "darker" side of things, there are certain fanfictions that do so. I don't like reading them, especially since writing one myself, and I can't say it's particularly healthy to partake in such hypotheticals, but it is up to you in the end. It would be best if you didn't try to engage in such discussions. If I were you, I would take the Prof's advice and leave the topic at that.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Cant we all just take deep breaths, hug, grab some parfeits, and put all of this behind us like it was never discussed? Misha and Shizune aren't going anywhere. Lets remember that. *shivers* *traumatized*
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Someone has clearly been reading too much Higurashi...
Last edited by Flutterz on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think the premise that Misha would kill herself outside of Shizune's good ending is flawed. I personally think Misha would eventually pick herself up after graduating...even after the bad end. Misha's problem wasn't Shizune not returning her feelings...it was Shizune not returning her feelings AND her still spending 24/7 around the object of her affection. Rejection hurts, but even that pain fades eventually unless (like Misha) you allow life to rub that rejection in your face day after day.

What would probably happen after the bad end is Misha graduating and since she no longer spends all day around Shizune, eventually getting over her...this happens to most other people whose confession has been rejected at some point or another in their lives. However, after the bad end, Misha would probably cut contact with Shizune permanently. Without her crush keeping her close to Shizune, but with the soul-crushing guilt of having slept with her boyfriend still there, Misha wouldn't have much incentive to keep spending time with Shizune. She could have other friends from whom she wouldn't have to keep shameful secrets.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

Don't worry, Misha doesn't kill herself. There's a few moments after the Jigoro Boss Battle that look like she might, but if you haven't utterly neglected your Charisma (and with Misha in your party that takes consious effort) Misha should survive.

Now what I'm worried about is why Misha is the only one who gets to wear corrupted items and armor. It's explained that Hanako can bless stuff because of some puresoul bullshat but does that mean Misha is a hidden boss? Is she going to turn on you? And will she keep her levels and skills? I do NOT want to have to face down her Unlimited Drillworks without at least three Vorpal-Prosthetics to cover me Hanako and Rin.

Misha is kind of OP.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Karnewarrior wrote:Don't worry, Misha doesn't kill herself. There's a few moments after the Jigoro Boss Battle that look like she might, but if you haven't utterly neglected your Charisma (and with Misha in your party that takes consious effort) Misha should survive.

Now what I'm worried about is why Misha is the only one who gets to wear corrupted items and armor. It's explained that Hanako can bless stuff because of some puresoul bullshat but does that mean Misha is a hidden boss? Is she going to turn on you? And will she keep her levels and skills? I do NOT want to have to face down her Unlimited Drillworks without at least three Vorpal-Prosthetics to cover me Hanako and Rin.

Misha is kind of OP.
What version of KS did you play? I want to play it!! :lol: