The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: The death of Misha... *MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Post by OtakuNinja »

And now she's gone and created another thread... :roll: Seriously, she's annoying.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Katie wrote:I actually don't know anything about the beta at all. This thread is based purely upon the finished version.
Oddball wrote:I think part of the problem the OP has is that she seems to be looking at the characters in terms of generic drama potential rather than anything that people would realistically do. "I'm sad, so I'm going to kill myself," is the very definition of melodrama.

Maybe early plans for Misha did involve her death, but things changed quite a bit in development.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... protomisha
So people never kill themselves because they are sad in real life?

Of course they do. But Misha is a strong enough person that she'd survive the experience. Sure she might think about it briefly during the depths of her depression if shes feeling really melodramatic, but she'd never actually do it.

If Hanako can carry on through all the crap she's been through, Misha can make it through a breakup. People kill themeselves in real life because they feel there's nothing else in their life worth living for.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

And now she's gone and created another thread... Seriously, she's annoying.
What's annoying about that thread? It's more on-topic than 50% of the traffic in this folder. I'd say encourage the practice, even if not all threads are winners.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Guest Poster wrote:
What's annoying about that thread? It's more on-topic than 50% of the traffic in this folder. I'd say encourage the practice, even if not all threads are winners.
I think Otaku's on the mindset of "If you mix a gallon of ice cream with a gallon of manure, you get two gallons of the latter."

The other topic is much more approachable than this one.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Anyway, as far as other speculation goes, does anyone wonder what Hanako would likey do with herself after graduation if she hadn't connected with Hisao? I worry that someone in her emotional state would have a tough time making it in the world.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

pandaphil wrote:Anyway, as far as other speculation goes, does anyone wonder what Hanako would likey do with herself after graduation if she hadn't connected with Hisao? I worry that someone in her emotional state would have a tough time making it in the world.
Does Lilly move to Scotland in this scenario too?
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Karnewarrior

Post by Karnewarrior »

KeiichiO wrote:
Karnewarrior wrote:Don't worry, Misha doesn't kill herself. There's a few moments after the Jigoro Boss Battle that look like she might, but if you haven't utterly neglected your Charisma (and with Misha in your party that takes consious effort) Misha should survive.

Now what I'm worried about is why Misha is the only one who gets to wear corrupted items and armor. It's explained that Hanako can bless stuff because of some puresoul bullshat but does that mean Misha is a hidden boss? Is she going to turn on you? And will she keep her levels and skills? I do NOT want to have to face down her Unlimited Drillworks without at least three Vorpal-Prosthetics to cover me Hanako and Rin.

Misha is kind of OP.
What version of KS did you play? I want to play it!! :lol:
I was just playing normal, vanilla Katawa Shoujo.

Speaking of which, I'm having difficulty grabbing enough pages to get the Burning Man ability for Hanako. It says I collected 76 pages thus far, but I spent most of those on the normal skills and such. I need another 5 to get Hanako's level up. I don't want to download that mod that puts little arrows over each page though; they already sparkle.

Also, neat little easter egg, but when Lilly uses TEXTWALL it's covered in braille instead of normal Kanji. Neat. I think it might also do more damage, but Lilly has a naturally high INT score and I haven't done much with Shizune, as I already use Ice on Hisao. Maybe that was a bad move. JRPGs can be fickle.
Not Mine:
A Perfectly Normal High School - Transit eros, philia est sempiternum
Puella Magi Adfligo Systema - "incubators math discard math pets fuzzys Asunaro caw caw"
Mine:
Ikusaba Quest [DR/???] - "In one moment, Earth; in the next, Hell." ~ Queen Sonia Nevermind, on the First Tragedy
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

^ I wish I knew what you were referencing...But I'll just steal your third waifu instead.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Xanatos wrote:^ I wish I knew what you were referencing...But I'll just steal your third waifu instead.
He's referencing old-school JRPGs, I think.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Umber wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
I think Otaku's on the mindset of "If you mix a gallon of ice cream with a gallon of manure, you get two gallons of the latter."
Nicely worded. I'll use that quote in the future. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

pandaphil wrote: So people never kill themselves because they are sad in real life?

Of course they do. But Misha is a strong enough person that she'd survive the experience.[/quote]

She'd survive killing herself?

I jest, but that's how I interpreted it the first time.
People kill themeselves in real life because they feel there's nothing else in their life worth living for.
Such as the love of their life, their obsession, their waifu rejecting them.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

metalangel wrote:
pandaphil wrote: So people never kill themselves because they are sad in real life?

Of course they do. But Misha is a strong enough person that she'd survive the experience.
She'd survive killing herself?

I jest, but that's how I interpreted it the first time.
People kill themeselves in real life because they feel there's nothing else in their life worth living for.
Such as the love of their life, their obsession, their waifu rejecting them.[/quote]

Maybe yeah. If they're needy enough and don't have any other friends, family or interests.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Anyway, as far as other speculation goes, does anyone wonder what Hanako would likey do with herself after graduation if she hadn't connected with Hisao? I worry that someone in her emotional state would have a tough time making it in the world.
She probably has to leave Japan. Basically like Kino from Kino's Journey. Walking the world, but calling no place home.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

This thread makes no sense. It's blindingly obvious that Shizune is in fact masterminding Misha's entire state of mind, she's just waiting for the - inevitable - conclusion. She even made Hisao believe she genuinely cares about Misha. Simple-minded fools.

:P
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Carighan wrote:This thread makes no sense. It's blindingly obvious that Shizune is in fact masterminding Misha's entire state of mind, she's just waiting for the - inevitable - conclusion. She even made Hisao believe she genuinely cares about Misha. Simple-minded fools.

:P
I would have believed this if I didn't firmly believe that there is one aspect of Shizune's own personality which she can't control: her obsession with competition.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."