Katawa Shoujo .BAT Game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Uncle Nomad

Katawa Shoujo .BAT Game

Post by Uncle Nomad »

I coded a simple "Game" in a .Bat file.

Download Here

In this episode, Hisao wakes up to find Kenji infront of his door. Hilarity ensues.

Are you against feminism?
Şahin

Re: Katawa Shoujo .BAT Game

Post by Şahin »

1) The file was not executable. Added .bat extension to get it working, so you should either note that in the OP or re-upload.
2) Actually loved that! Kinda reminds me of Zork. Keep it up.
3) ...but I got BSoD when I closed the game window. Not sure if that was because of something in the file itself or just Win8 being shitty as usual.

...and what is 'nu' doing there? I checked with Notepad++, there's nothing much I could see...
Full time lurker, occasional poster.
udscbt

Re: Katawa Shoujo .BAT Game

Post by udscbt »

I've not actually run the game because I'm using Linux, but I looked the file and it looks like a nice idea.
Şahin wrote:1) The file was not executable. Added .bat extension to get it working, so you should either note that in the OP or re-upload.
2) Actually loved that! Kinda reminds me of Zork. Keep it up.
3) ...but I got BSoD when I closed the game window. Not sure if that was because of something in the file itself or just Win8 being shitty as usual.

...and what is 'nu' doing there? I checked with Notepad++, there's nothing much I could see...
The BSoD should be totally unrelated. The "nu" file looks like a typo, probably Uncle Nomad wanted to redirect the output of ping (used to create a delay) to "nul".