Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Closed)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Shadowhatchi

Re: Katawa Shoujo Voiced Story

Post by Shadowhatchi »

I'm going to say that I'm interested and I'll try to keep my eye on this. I've auditioned for Katawa Seiyu already, and I do have similar complaints to you. That said I'm not writing it off completely, we've yet to even hear all the voices in that project, or hear a single voice used to it's full potential. I'll admit when I first read your post I was against the idea, mostly because you seemed to be trying to take it on by yourself. But now I see you're recruiting for multiple things and I think, why can't there be multiple projects in a similar nature. I assume it will be a while before your idea really takes off, the Katawa Seiyu crew planned a lot before even doing auditioning. But I'm hoping to see that you take this very seriously and that you put a lot of effort and organization into it. I'd be interested in auditioning once you're all set up for it.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Parliament wrote:I would love to volunteer for a bigger role but my voice is too deep to do anyone besides Jigoro(maybe Nurse depending how you imagine his voice). Though if you need someone for either of those I can tentatively say I might be available =)
If you want to pm me some of your samples for Jigoro I would be happy to give them a listen.
This is a fancy sentence.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Shadowhatchi wrote:I'm going to say that I'm interested and I'll try to keep my eye on this. I've auditioned for Katawa Seiyu already, and I do have similar complaints to you. That said I'm not writing it off completely, we've yet to even hear all the voices in that project, or hear a single voice used to it's full potential. I'll admit when I first read your post I was against the idea, mostly because you seemed to be trying to take it on by yourself. But now I see you're recruiting for multiple things and I think, why can't there be multiple projects in a similar nature. I assume it will be a while before your idea really takes off, the Katawa Seiyu crew planned a lot before even doing auditioning. But I'm hoping to see that you take this very seriously and that you put a lot of effort and organization into it. I'd be interested in auditioning once you're all set up for it.
This project is still in the planning stages of its own, but I feel that if I can get this to be really successful. I know my own short comings, and I know there will be no way this can get done easy, but Katawa Shoujo changed my life, and I want that to mean more then me just saying that. I want to be able to prove that I can undertake something this big and come out successful, even if in my own mind. Plus there are loads of people out there to meet with similar feelings, and I can't wait to meet them!
Shadowhatchi

Post by Shadowhatchi »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
Shadowhatchi wrote:I'm going to say that I'm interested and I'll try to keep my eye on this. I've auditioned for Katawa Seiyu already, and I do have similar complaints to you. That said I'm not writing it off completely, we've yet to even hear all the voices in that project, or hear a single voice used to it's full potential. I'll admit when I first read your post I was against the idea, mostly because you seemed to be trying to take it on by yourself. But now I see you're recruiting for multiple things and I think, why can't there be multiple projects in a similar nature. I assume it will be a while before your idea really takes off, the Katawa Seiyu crew planned a lot before even doing auditioning. But I'm hoping to see that you take this very seriously and that you put a lot of effort and organization into it. I'd be interested in auditioning once you're all set up for it.
This project is still in the planning stages of its own, but I feel that if I can get this to be really successful. I know my own short comings, and I know there will be no way this can get done easy, but Katawa Shoujo changed my life, and I want that to mean more then me just saying that. I want to be able to prove that I can undertake something this big and come out successful, even if in my own mind. Plus there are loads of people out there to meet with similar feelings, and I can't wait to meet them!
And I would be one of those people, if there is one thing you're good at it's selling your case. Color me even more intrigued, what an interesting way to put it. I can't deny I have had similar feelings ever since playing KS and have been trying to find a way to give back to the community. It could be this, can't wait to see where it goes.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Just a random thought, but are there any High schools or colleges nearby that might have a drama department/club? Maybe try to sell them on the idea.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

pandaphil wrote:Just a random thought, but are there any High schools or colleges nearby that might have a drama department/club? Maybe try to sell them on the idea.
I Have tried to ask, but most of them had to decline because they where more concerned about there grades.
Which seems like a valid point to me.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Shadowhatchi wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:
And I would be one of those people, if there is one thing you're good at it's selling your case. Color me even more intrigued, what an interesting way to put it. I can't deny I have had similar feelings ever since playing KS and have been trying to find a way to give back to the community. It could be this, can't wait to see where it goes.
You don't have to be restricted to just watching, if you feel confident enough then you could try out for an actor role, or even help with editing or making an intro. This whole project is still in its infancy, but that's not gonna stop me.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Deathkeeperx wrote: You don't have to be restricted to just watching, if you feel confident enough then you could try out for an actor role, or even help with editing or making an intro. This whole project is still in its infancy, but that's not gonna stop me.
I suck at actually making the intro but I could probably pitch a few ideas for you if needed.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

StudyOfWumbology wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote: You don't have to be restricted to just watching, if you feel confident enough then you could try out for an actor role, or even help with editing or making an intro. This whole project is still in its infancy, but that's not gonna stop me.
I suck at actually making the intro but I could probably pitch a few ideas for you if needed.
That great, so far its just me working on this right now. What I really need is what arcs to do first to last.
Parliament

Post by Parliament »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
Parliament wrote:I would love to volunteer for a bigger role but my voice is too deep to do anyone besides Jigoro(maybe Nurse depending how you imagine his voice). Though if you need someone for either of those I can tentatively say I might be available =)
If you want to pm me some of your samples for Jigoro I would be happy to give them a listen.
Sure. May take a day or two for me to get some stuff sorted out but I get the vibe this is still in a relaxed planning stage so I doubt that'll be much of a problem.
I wish I had some kind of succinct piece of wisdom to put here. Oh well, bathrobes are comfy =)
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Parliament wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:
Sure. May take a day or two for me to get some stuff sorted out but I get the vibe this is still in a relaxed planning stage so I doubt that'll be much of a problem.
Ya I am still working on a few things here and there, but do feel free to send me some samples!
supanova

Re: Katawa Shoujo: The Journey (Recruiting)

Post by supanova »

I'm not sure how much assistance you've got with this project already, but I'm currently looking into helping something like this, and I'd rather try and help a new project than something running for a while. Heck, I know a bit of video/audio editing and would voice act if my voice is good enough :p. I have more than enough free time to help currently, so this does sound like fun.
a cameo a chapter. that's the plan! Apologies for the inexperience.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

supanova wrote:I'm not sure how much assistance you've got with this project already, but I'm currently looking into helping something like this, and I'd rather try and help a new project than something running for a while. Heck, I know a bit of video/audio editing and would voice act if my voice is good enough :p. I have more than enough free time to help currently, so this does sound like fun.
Wonderful! If you wish to assist me, please feel free to add me on Skype: dudejustrun. From there we can discuss farther, and I haven't been able to get much help or acting lately, so anything is helpful.
supanova

Post by supanova »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
supanova wrote:I'm not sure how much assistance you've got with this project already, but I'm currently looking into helping something like this, and I'd rather try and help a new project than something running for a while. Heck, I know a bit of video/audio editing and would voice act if my voice is good enough :p. I have more than enough free time to help currently, so this does sound like fun.
Wonderful! If you wish to assist me, please feel free to add me on Skype: dudejustrun. From there we can discuss farther, and I haven't been able to get much help or acting lately, so anything is helpful.
this is you right? my name shall be tim?
a cameo a chapter. that's the plan! Apologies for the inexperience.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

supanova wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:
this is you right? my name shall be tim?
That is me. I like to be fancy with names.