The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Can someone Please give me some Help and advice here.

Post by Xanatos »

Keep playing. Simple as that. I took a break for a month or so in mid-route and it still ended up having an impact .
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Blizzagan

Post by Blizzagan »

TonyTwoFingers wrote:You could start fresh, and play through her route from the beginning.
I hope your right and that will work, since like I said, its been several months and all those feels are long gone ( I still like her alot but I just can't feel all that love I used to have before. You think once I start from the beginning, I can regain all that Love but not like the kind I used to have when first playing or can I fully regain all of it again? if you know what I'm saying? I wanna know if and can I do that actually
Blizzagan

Post by Blizzagan »

Xanatos wrote:Keep playing. Simple as that. I took a break for a month or so in mid-route and it still ended up having an impact .
I know but you said you only took a break for just a month, I haven't since like April 29 is what I read from my last save, you probably still had some feels (thats what I call it) left that was enough for you still have an impact and I think mine is all gone or i might have a tiny bit left, I dunno, I'm sorry if I'm making such a big deal out of this :( I just wish I could like reverse time back to the point when I started playing this and instead, I would play Hanako's Route all the way to the end and complete all the other Girl's Routes too without taking month long breaks away from it at all *sigh* if only I could, but I just can't. :(
Last edited by Blizzagan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukesrp

Post by lukesrp »

I played Emi's route first, and like you I really didn't have a whole lot of attachment to her, but then I played Hanako's route and had so many "feels". I felt the need to start running again and since discovering what my "feel" was I have never felt better.

Maybe what you should do is maybe try to play someone else's route, see things from a different perspective - have a different attachment to a different girl. Then you may or may not feel an attachment to Hanako.

Or even just go back through her route from the very start, it may re-kindle the "feels" you had from the route. I have played Hanako's route 3 times now and every time I do I have that high and low of emotions go through me. I get the same "feels" and motivation from playing her arc. Just try going through her arc again, you may start to things differently as you now know more about the story than before.

As I said earlier I would suggest playing a different route, after I played Hanako's route I then felt all this motivation and "feels" then after my first route. Try Lilly's or Rin's, they seem to be the most popular aside from Hanako. Lilly's route includes Hanako for a major part so you may get those "feels" back.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Blizzagan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Keep playing. Simple as that. I took a break for a month or so in mid-route and it still ended up having an impact .
I know but you said you only took a break for just a month, I haven't since like April 29 is what I read from my last save, you probably still had some feels (thats what I call it) left that was enough for you still have an impact and I think mine is all gone or i might have a tiny bit left, I dunno, I'm sorry if I'm making such a big deal out of this :( I just wish I could like reverse time back to the point when I started playing this and instead, I would play Hanako's Route all the way to the end and complete all the other Girl's Routes too without taking month long breaks away from it at all *sigh* if only I could, but I just can't. :(
So...Just restart the route. Then play through with less breaktime.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Blizzagan

Post by Blizzagan »

lukesrp wrote:I played Emi's route first, and like you I really didn't have a whole lot of attachment to her, but then I played Hanako's route and had so many "feels". I felt the need to start running again and since discovering what my "feel" was I have never felt better.

Maybe what you should do is maybe try to play someone else's route, see things from a different perspective - have a different attachment to a different girl. Then you may or may not feel an attachment to Hanako.

Or even just go back through her route from the very start, it may re-kindle the "feels" you had from the route. I have played Hanako's route 3 times now and every time I do I have that high and low of emotions go through me. I get the same "feels" and motivation from playing her arc. Just try going through her arc again, you may start to things differently as you now know more about the story than before.

As I said earlier I would suggest playing a different route, after I played Hanako's route I then felt all this motivation and "feels" then after my first route. Try Lilly's or Rin's, they seem to be the most popular aside from Hanako. Lilly's route includes Hanako for a major part so you may get those "feels" back.
You actually had THAT much of an impact from Hanako's Route that you felt the need to start running again?! That is just so amazing man, and btw (in case if you didn't fully understand) I had Love at First sight when I first saw Hanako (as silly as that sounds to you :wink:) and I felt a big attachment to her while playing until I took a break from it and forgot to go back after so long which, whenever I tried to go back where I left off (the date on my last save was April 29 when I stopped for several months) when Hanako would come up on the screen I just didn't feel the attachment I once had for her (oh what am doing? I'm repeating what I just said from my question :roll: but what I meant to say and ask was that did you just suddenly stopped playing like I did cause that's my main problem that made me lose the attachment I had over all those months and you said you didn't feel attachment to Emi when you first played her Route til the end but besides that, Thank you oh so much for giving me the Motivation and Encouragement to go back to playing the game again. I will try my best to start again back from the start all the way through Hanako's Route to the end. Also I think its the way my computer is set up too because my monitor is a big wide flatscreen ARIO tv right on my desk is kinda a bit too big for reading visual novels also my headset too because I had a previous one before when I first played Katawa Shoujo and I think that it was because that they were noise canceling that made me so immersed into the game, Sorry that I'm saying these things, It's just I'm so happy from what you said to me that like I said before that gave me the Motivation and Encouragement to be happy and enjoy Katawa Shoujo again. I shouldn't have been so down and made such a big deal about this and what I really needed was someone to help me with some advice that would point me in the right direction. Thank you so much for helping me and sorry for making this so long. I just hope I keep this Motivation and Encouragement until Friday when I sit down to Finally finish Hanako's Route and all the other girl's Route's I just hope I can regain the Love that I have for Hanako when I play through her Route from the beginning again. Thank you.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Blizzagan wrote:
lukesrp wrote:[words words words no boobs]
Don't overdo it. :lol: Doing every route in one sitting could get tiresome. I played an hour a day. :lol:
Blizzagan

Post by Blizzagan »

Xanatos wrote:
Blizzagan wrote:
lukesrp wrote:[words words words no boobs]
Don't overdo it. :lol: Doing every route in one sitting could get tiresome. I played an hour a day. :lol:
I don't know why my Replies turn out way too long then their supposed to but please read this anyway: I just realized something, I think I should do what lukesrp said about going through someone else's Route like Lily's Route instead because if I start from the beginning for Hanako I wouldn't feel all that immersed because I already know whats gonna happen and I'm gonna be like that all the way til chapter 3 of her Route so I should play through Lily's Route so while I go through stuff I haven't seen I start to get Immersed into her route and when I finish her route that will make me ready and hyped up for Hanako's Route and use that Immersion I got to go all the way through to where I left off in chapter 3 and probably get to a good spot to take a break until tomorrow where I can finally finish her Route and Hopefully get all the feels and have it leave an impact on me and then go through the rest of the girl's routes and enjoy it :D sorry if that reply was kinda long but I'm just so excited to get back to it when I have the time. So excited :D also I hope that I can still feel my attachment to her for the many times I will replay Katawa Shoujo.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Blizzagan wrote:I don't know why my Replies turn out way too long then their supposed to but please read this anyway: I just realized something, I think I should do what lukesrp said about going through someone else's Route like Lily's Route instead because if I start from the beginning for Hanako I wouldn't feel all that immersed because I already know whats gonna happen and I'm gonna be like that all the way til chapter 3 of her Route so I should play through Lily's Route so while I go through stuff I haven't seen I start to get Immersed into her route and when I finish her route that will make me ready and hyped up for Hanako's Route and use that Immersion I got to go all the way through to where I left off in chapter 3 and probably get to a good spot to take a break until tomorrow where I can finally finish her Route and Hopefully get all the feels and have it leave an impact on me and then go through the rest of the girl's routes and enjoy it :D sorry if that reply was kinda long but I'm just so excited to get back to it when I have the time. So excited :D also I hope that I can still feel my attachment to her for the many times I will replay Katawa Shoujo.

Sounds like a plan. And if the attachment ever fades, just take a break. There are plenty of other VNs (or other games, period) to get attached to. Maybe try The Walking Dead. :lol:
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Xanatos wrote:
Blizzagan wrote:I don't know why my Replies turn out way too long then their supposed to but please read this anyway: I just realized something, I think I should do what lukesrp said about going through someone else's Route like Lily's Route instead because if I start from the beginning for Hanako I wouldn't feel all that immersed because I already know whats gonna happen and I'm gonna be like that all the way til chapter 3 of her Route so I should play through Lily's Route so while I go through stuff I haven't seen I start to get Immersed into her route and when I finish her route that will make me ready and hyped up for Hanako's Route and use that Immersion I got to go all the way through to where I left off in chapter 3 and probably get to a good spot to take a break until tomorrow where I can finally finish her Route and Hopefully get all the feels and have it leave an impact on me and then go through the rest of the girl's routes and enjoy it :D sorry if that reply was kinda long but I'm just so excited to get back to it when I have the time. So excited :D also I hope that I can still feel my attachment to her for the many times I will replay Katawa Shoujo.

Sounds like a plan. And if the attachment ever fades, just take a break. There are plenty of other VNs (or other games, period) to get attached to. Maybe try The Walking Dead. :lol:
Or play horror games that gives you nightmares :D
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Blizzagan

Post by Blizzagan »

Xanatos wrote:

"if the attachment ever fades, just take a break. There are plenty other VNs"?? Dude, how could you say something like that?! :evil: I just got over this and now you just say that? not cool man, not cool.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Blizzagan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

"if the attachment ever fades, just take a break. There are plenty other VNs"?? Dude, how could you say something like that?! :evil: I just got over this and now you just say that? not cool man, not cool.
Deal with it. :roll: If playing it more doesn't help, then playing others might.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

I think the point to be made here is that while KS is an incredible, feel-causing game, it's not a game that produces tons of feels for everyone who plays it. I think many on the forums might dispute that point to the point of violence, but in the end it's just a game. Nothing more.

If you really aren't feeling it from the game, maybe it's just not your groove anymore. It might have been in the past, and that's great that it was, but it isn't now, and that's ok too. I think all the devs ever wanted from a player was just to enjoy and appreciate the game, and maybe get a little out of it. But I'm sure they have no truck with someone who didn't get the game and just moved on.

What I'm saying is, take a break. If you don't get it now, forcing yourself to play won't help you anymore than not playing it will. If playing Lilly's route helps you out, great. If not, take a step and move onwards.

It's just a game. Not something you need to beat to death in a desperate bid for feels.
hoopy

Hopefully im not the only one with this feel....

Post by hoopy »

Please god, dont be the only one, i just did 100% of the game (well 98%) and ive done nothing the past 4 days but play this and work, But now that its finished, i truly feel sick in the stomach, not from like pure sickness like you or me, but sick because of the feelings that this game has given me. ive cried so much during it, and now that its over. i dunno what to do anymore... this game has made me look at life in such a different perspective. im sorry, im starting to sound like Rin. but honestly. i cannot eat or anything because i am having nervous spells in my stomach. i would like to thank 4ls for making this fantastic game, and how for something else in the future, i truly love you's.
Xanatos

Re: Hopefully im not the only one with this feel....

Post by Xanatos »

Welcome to the club. There won't be anything KS-related in the future but one of the 4LS guys did hint at something going on a few months back. Who knows?

In the meantime, work out those feels with something. Creative outlet, physical activity, or other VNs of equal or greater value.