What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: First Playthrough... Now What?

Post by Oddball »

Generally speaking, Lilly's does tend to get one of the more emotional responses out of people, not quite as much as Hanako's though.

Or Rin's although it's not quite the same kind of emotion.

Emi's tends to come across as more of a nice safe route, one to ease yourself into the experience.

As for playing it again, I'd certainly recommend it. All the characters have certain things they're hiding (or just not expressing that well), and it's quite a different experience to play again when you can pick up on the clues to these things.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yates wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
yates wrote:Uhhhhhhhhh...

I played Lilly first, BIG mistake. I nearly cried, maybe had a tear :( I had the bad ending, sooo depressing. This hit my hard.

I just finished Emi's, it doesn't compare to Lilly's sadly. I'm thinking none of them will be as good.

I wish I saved Lilly for the end. Hopefully one day I'll forget about this game, replay it without any memory of it. Not rush through it, and hopefully get the good ending this time. THE FEELSSSSSSS!!!
Heh. Have you tried Rin's?

Which ending did you get for Emi?

And many here tend to replay routes after the details fade from mind. It doesn't take too long, maybe a few months. Replay Lilly's route knowing the ending and you'll even catch on to little details here and there you might have missed.

Nope, only done Lilly's and Emi's. Surprisingly I got the good ending for Emi. I mean it was good, but emotionally it just didn't compare to Lilly's.

I have heard good things about Rin's, I will start it in a few days.

I'm looking forward to replaying Lilly's (hopefully I forget most of it, and I'm even more hopeful that I'll get the good ending!). I'll take my time to read it and soak it all in. I'm not sure why I liked her story so much, maybe coz her character seems very likeable to me.
Tip: Rin (and Hanako) has three endings.

And no worries. Lilly's my favorite too. :mrgreen: Then again, I'm a sucker for her type. If only I could find one... :(

My first ending was Kenji's...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I played Lilly first, BIG mistake. I nearly cried, maybe had a tear :( I had the bad ending, sooo depressing. This hit my hard.

I just finished Emi's, it doesn't compare to Lilly's sadly. I'm thinking none of them will be as good.

I wish I saved Lilly for the end. Hopefully one day I'll forget about this game, replay it without any memory of it. Not rush through it, and hopefully get the good ending this time. THE FEELSSSSSSS!!!
It's nice to welcome a new Lillybro to the forums (although "Lillybro" doesn't sound right). :)

I played Lilly's good end when KS was released, and finished her bad end some days ago. I recommend you play at least Shizune's route before you go for Lilly again. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

No offense, but...

You call Lilly's neutral ending depressing? Really?

I find it to be the most normal than most and less of a choker--it's tame, to say the least.
You want bad endings that make you feel bad, you should go for Rin's neutral, Hanako's bad, and Shizune's bad.

Emi's bad ending just makes you want to hit Hisao with an axe...though we're partly responsible to Hisao's decision :|

Anyway OP, I'll follow the bandwagon and tell you to do Lilly's next. Her story line is straight forward and easy to digest so its a 'cure' to most Rin-firsttimers. Expect cliches.
Then I'll reccommend Hanako's or Shizune's; either one of those. Shizune's route requires you to focus to get the full enjoyment and dynamic between Hisao and her; expect cultural references. Hanako's a mix between Lilly and Shizune's route--right amount of feels and analyzing without it being over bearing; expect SPARTA!!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Megumeru wrote:

No offense, but...

You call Lilly's neutral ending depressing? Really?

I find it to be the most normal than most and less of a choker--it's tame, to say the least.
You want bad endings that make you feel bad, you should go for Rin's neutral, Hanako's bad, and Shizune's bad.

Emi's bad ending just makes you want to hit Hisao with an axe...though we're partly responsible for Hisao's decision :|

Anyway OP, I'll follow the bandwagon and tell you to do Lilly's next. Her story line is straight forward and easy to digest so its a 'cure' to most Rin-firsttimers. Expect cliches.
Then I'll reccommend Hanako's or Shizune's; either one of those. Shizune's route requires you to focus to get the full enjoyment and dynamic between Hisao and her; expect cultural references. Hanako's a mix between Lilly and Shizune's route--right amount of feels and analyzing without it being over bearing; expect SPARTA!!
Lilly had a neutral ending? Where?

And Emi's bad ending made me want to punch her in the cunt. >.>
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I made the ignore list! Sweet.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:Lilly had a neutral ending? Where?

And Emi's bad ending made me want to punch her in the cunt. >.>
He's refering to the bad ending. Apparently he thinks it's too "tame" to be called bad. :?

I agree with you about punching Emi. She's awful when Hisao is visiting her house. And at the track... :x
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Megumeru wrote: You call Lilly's neutral ending depressing? Really?

It's probably only considered "tame" because it is exactly the same as the good ending just that it cuts off a little earlier, which as a consequence reduces the emotional impact of it greatly.

@yates
The Rin neutral end and Shizune bad end will probably destroy you providing that you like their characters, but I would highly recommend playing them due to how good they were. Hanako's bad end gets an honorable mention for being so infuriating.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Nobody in Particular wrote:

It's probably only considered "tame" because it is exactly the same as the good ending just that it cuts off a little earlier, which as a consequence reduces the emotional impact of it greatly.
Personally, I think the fact that it's all Lilly's fault makes it even more depressing (+ that Lilly is my favorite gf). If Hisao made an obvious mistake, like in Shizune's route, I could accept the bad end. But he doesn't, and that's d-e-p-p-r-e-s-s-i-n-g, DEPRESSING.
FortuneSnowman

Post by FortuneSnowman »

So what I've gotten so far is to go Hanako -> Lilly -> Emi -> Shizune with Hanako only coming first because I already started her's. Actually maybe that wouldn't be smart, maybe I, too, should do Lilly's last, since everyone seems to find her's some kind of world beater and I don't want to go through the best first...

Shizune doesn't seem to get much love.
Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Hanako>Manly Picnic>Emi
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

FortuneSnowman wrote:So what I've gotten so far is to go Hanako -> Lilly -> Emi -> Shizune with Hanako only coming first because I already started her's. Actually maybe that wouldn't be smart, maybe I, too, should do Lilly's last, since everyone seems to find her's some kind of world beater and I don't want to go through the best first...

Shizune doesn't seem to get much love.
Typically speaking, Hanako and Lilly's routes are regarded as the best (or at last most popular), and you're dead on the money about Shizune. She doesn't get much love. Her route and character are typically regarded as the worst of the bunch.

Just let me give you one quick warning as far as order goes. Lilly after Hanako is okay, but don't play Hanako's route right after Lilly's.
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Oddball wrote:Lilly after Hanako is okay, but don't play Hanako's route right after Lilly's.
I did, and it doesn't change affect anything. If possible, it gave me even more feels. :)
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

I often hear Shizune's arc referred to as the "weakest," which always makes me sad. I thought that her story was really good and that she and Misha were well done characters. The whole set-up was very interesting, what with Tanabata, the vacation home, the disconnect between Misha and Shizune... Every aspect focuses on Shizune's determination to see things through to the end. I guess I'm just not sure why people think her route isn't as good as the others.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Boppin wrote:I guess I'm just not sure why people think her route isn't as good as the others.
1. There's only one decision point.
2. She's very competitive
3. Communication problems. At least in the firsts acts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nobody in Particular wrote:

If it were exactly the same, it wouldn't be a bad ending. :lol: