Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

pandaphil

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by pandaphil »

Yellow 13 wrote:>mfw that ending
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zlw5ud.png

Lucky bastard got it to run fullscreen! :x
Last edited by Silentcook on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images just posted, people... especially big ones.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

pandaphil wrote:I wonder if maybe we need some sort of sticky "First time feels" topic where new members can come to pour out their hearts.

Cut the guy some slack. I'm sure each one of us was a bit rambley our first few days here.
Nah. I have my doubts as to whether somebody that makes a topic like that would go look for the first time feels topicif it existed.

Just cut the new guys some slack. You should be welcoming people rather than criticizing them.

Anyway, welcome to the party, Kan.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Tomate wrote: I dont know, man. Shizune's ending seems more "real" and closest to an average relationship. Lilly's ending is way more soup-opera like. its dramatic, full of tension, people running wildly, international flights, love confessions on a hospital bed, a teenage love that endures a series of surreal tribulations and then they are happy ever after.

I don't belivie such things are "Close to average".
Notice that at least half the drama and tension came from Hisao's own narration. I swear he can describe an ordinary piece of rock into something dramatic. Having said that, art imitates life and Lily's story imitates so many other drama serials around the world.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I dont know, man. Shizune's ending seems more "real" and closest to an average relationship.
It felt more real, but it didn't feel anything like an actual relationship to me. They just kinda hung out together all year.
Not Dead Yet
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Oddball wrote:
I dont know, man. Shizune's ending seems more "real" and closest to an average relationship.
It felt more real, but it didn't feel anything like an actual relationship to me. They just kinda hung out together all year.
I preferred Emi's "friends who fuck" relationship
Sure it got better by the end but that was already pretty good
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Enemy | wrote:
Oddball wrote:
At least it got better, Shizune just feels exactly like a 'friends who fuck' relationship, which isnt really bad except for it not fitting within the whole of KS imo.
'rant'
The only obstacle in that whole relationship( except for her personality in general) is optional and decides whether you get the bad or good ending. And what annoys me as well is that that obstacle isn't even ever brought up again, sure it indirectly changed things but it just annoyed me that it wasn't even the reason the relationship ended
'rant over'
(i don't like Shizune if you hadn't noticed :), her story was decent though)
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Enemy | wrote:
Oddball wrote:
It was actually what Emi wanted. It was Hisao who wanted to push the relationship further. It's up to you to guide him so that he doesn't botch it.
sasquatch wrote:
At least it got better, Shizune just feels exactly like a 'friends who fuck' relationship, which isnt really bad except for it not fitting within the whole of KS imo.
'rant'
The only obstacle in that whole relationship( except for her personality in general) is optional and decides whether you get the bad or good ending. And what annoys me as well is that that obstacle isn't even ever brought up again, sure it indirectly changed things but it just annoyed me that it wasn't even the reason the relationship ended
'rant over'
Ultimately, Hisao didn't change Shizune's biggest flaw: Her pride and by extension, her habit of seeing everything as a competition. If even her boyfriend can't change that, I can safely say that it is all up to her to change her bad habits.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dr. Casey

Post by Dr. Casey »

Oddball wrote:Just cut the new guys some slack. You should be welcoming people rather than criticizing them.
Yeah, this wasn't exactly the warmest reception ever.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

sasquatch wrote:
'rant'
'rant over'
Ultimately, Hisao didn't change Shizune's biggest flaw: Her pride and by extension, her habit of seeing everything as a competition. If even her boyfriend can't change that, I can safely say that it is all up to her to change her bad habits.[/quote]

I guess so, but in a gaming sense, not being able to change anything about her story line kind of ticked me off.

As a matter of fact i think i want to start a Shizune rant thread because i just didn't like/relate with her AT ALL. She's even annoying in her own story and that's saying something, she has no character development outside chapter 1, and her one redeeming moment isn't even in her story line.(spoiler from hanako line btw)
When she seems genuinly concerned about Hanako when Hanako has a a panic attack in class, and this is only redeeming if you actually know her character, because else any normal person would indeed be concerned about Hanako. It's redeeming because she sets her differences with Lilly aside for a minute and looks at the bigger picture.

But that's it i have yet to find other things i like about her, so any Shizune fanboys can come correct me because i would like to like her but just can't seem to :s.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

sasquatch wrote: I guess so, but in a gaming sense, not being able to change anything about her story line kind of ticked me off.

As a matter of fact i think i want to start a Shizune rant thread because i just didn't like/relate with her AT ALL. She's even annoying in her own story and that's saying something, she has no character development outside chapter 1, and her one redeeming moment isn't even in her story line.(spoiler from hanako line btw)
When she seems genuinly concerned about Hanako when Hanako has a a panic attack in class, and this is only redeeming if you actually know her character, because else any normal person would indeed be concerned about Hanako. It's redeeming because she sets her differences with Lilly aside for a minute and looks at the bigger picture.

But that's it i have yet to find other things i like about her, so any Shizune fanboys can come correct me because i would like to like her but just can't seem to :s.
I'm pretty far from a Shizune fan but I wouldn't say that's her only redeeming moment. In Lilly's route when they out aside their differences in right before Lilly leaves, that was a pretty nice moment for her too.

Also, the fishing trip is the one time her competitive nature actually comes across as cute.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Oddball wrote:
sasquatch wrote: I guess so, but in a gaming sense, not being able to change anything about her story line kind of ticked me off.

I'm pretty far from a Shizune fan but I wouldn't say that's her only redeeming moment. In Lilly's route when they out aside their differences in right before Lilly leaves, that was a pretty nice moment for her too.

Also, the fishing trip is the one time her competitive nature actually comes across as cute.
The scary thing was that it took Hisao to effect the change, as Shizune really wanted to help Hisao overcome his unhappiness, and by then he was firmly in love with Lily.

As for the fishing trip, I credit Akira. The lass knows how to turn Shizune's streak into something more useful.

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Oddball wrote:

Meh, i always find working out differences solely based on the fact that one is leaving to be kind of pointless, like confessing your sins on your deathbed( seriously why even bother)
And maybe i'm just weird but i still didn't find her competitiveness cute in the fishing trip
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

YZQ wrote:Ultimately, Hisao didn't change Shizune's biggest flaw: Her pride and by extension, her habit of seeing everything as a competition. If even her boyfriend can't change that, I can safely say that it is all up to her to change her bad habits.
Why would Hisao change her? Better yet, why would she change herself? Shizune pride and competitiveness are part of her, its not just a small quirk, its major part of her. Lilly did not stop being well educated and classy, Rim did not start to make sense.

Hisao has to learn to live with her the way she is, of course, a relationship can and will change people, but generally its just the small things not the core. Have you been watching Grease?

Shizunes reaction to Hisao is very different from the other girls, it seems like everyone has lots of troubles and they are just waiting for Hisao to come along and fix then, all girls are like puzzles, bit by bit Hisao unravels then a by the ending everything is fine. Thats ok, its a romantic plot.

But Shizune does not use this formula, she has problems, everyone does, but she wont burden Hisao with her problems, she does not offer a puzzle of sorts to Hisao to unravel, she pretty much shows a map or a picture and says "This is me". Misha is the one with the puzzle parts, but Hisao wont notice it until the last act. This can be awkward for a romantic plot, but i really dig this. It feels more real.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:Why would Hisao change her? Better yet, why would she change herself? Shizune pride and competitiveness are part of her, its not just a small quirk, its major part of her. Lilly did not stop being well educated and classy, Rim did not start to make sense.

Hisao has to learn to live with her the way she is, of course, a relationship can and will change people, but generally its just the small things not the core. Have you been watching Grease?

Shizunes reaction to Hisao is very different from the other girls, it seems like everyone has lots of troubles and they are just waiting for Hisao to come along and fix then, all girls are like puzzles, bit by bit Hisao unravels then a by the ending everything is fine. Thats ok, its a romantic plot.

But Shizune does not use this formula, she has problems, everyone does, but she wont burden Hisao with her problems, she does not offer a puzzle of sorts to Hisao to unravel, she pretty much shows a map or a picture and says "This is me". Misha is the one with the puzzle parts, but Hisao wont notice it until the last act. This can be awkward for a romantic plot, but i really dig this. It feels more real.

^ All of this. And also, Grease is awful. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."