Deepest/Most Emotional/Thought Provoking Scene

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lukesrp

Deepest/Most Emotional/Thought Provoking Scene

Post by lukesrp »

I think it would be fair to say that within the course of all 5 arcs there are some moments which really play on our mind and emotions. Giving us "feels" and making us react in different ways, making us really think.

My favourite arc was Hanako's.Her letting all her emotion go at the end of Act 4 nearly brought me to tears. To see how lonely she was and only let Hisao have intercourse with her because she was afraid that he would abandon her, because she thought he only viewed her a burden - something to be protected rather than a person to have a relationship with. Hisao states in the script that's even how he used to think, and I realised that is how I thought about her most of the arc as well - a timid and broken person, who needed to be nudged in the right directions to help herself. In fact it did bring me to tears, I can't believe how shallow I was. How I only ever though of Hanako of what and saw and heard, never thinking what it was like to be put in her shoes. I now refuse to base people upon first appearances, as Hanako's arc has shown me that people often have deep conflicts behind what they say and do. I feel like I am making changes all through my life - all for the better and I have this moment to thank.

I ask you to share with forum what the most important and special moment of a characters arc was to you.
Hanako>>>Lilly>>>Emi>>>Shizune>>>Rin

Did someone say Chrono Trigger?

"The Characters resonate with you because you recognize your flaws and desires and triumphs and victories, and those of the loved ones you know and care about. You want to make them happy, because you want them to be happy, because you know and are them, and In some way you believe everyone you love deserves to be happy"
Fiandra

Re: Deepest/Most Emotional/Thought Provoking Scene

Post by Fiandra »

That, and that last part in Lilly's arc. You know which one if you already played through Lilly's route. I'm not good with expressing my feelings with words but it surely made me think about a lot of things.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Hrm, tricky. There are different scenes I value as extremely powerful for different reasons.

Chief among which is the the rooftop explanation in Shizune's arc.
I couldn't help but be completely stunned with what spin that put on the story so far. And more so, how that changed the most-annoying into the saddest side character, for me. It was my first play through, and I got the bad ending first (Admiral Akbar didn't warn me, plus, I was 99% sure this wasn't what the choice would lead to, given the preceedings!). And after that, every time Misha appears alone and uses her more serious face to talk about something, without all the Wahahahah~ and ~'s, I could tear up again.
I think it doesn't help that I know people who wear this nigh-perfect persona every day, practising it so well they sell it even to themselves. And seeing Misha so broken after even her persona ran out of use, and Hisao being the reason it did... ugh. Especially as things then spiral away from there, and you get these brief glimpses of hope, until you get a crushing final artwork of Shizune.

That... was hard.
As far as emotional impact goes, this scene wins for me.

But there's more.

There's Lilly's ending.
It was sooo cliché. And I could see major parts of the story coming from sooo far away. And it helped nothing, because there was this nagging feeling (I didn't know it was the good ending) that the author was will abuse that expectation later on to do something really terrible.
This didn't have me in tears of sadness as Shizune's path did, but I was still tearing up. It's "just" a predictable ending, but it really homed in well.

As far as something not related to me crying goes, Rin's neutral ending was ... hard. Especially in contrast to her good ending, which I saw before.
Between both of them I had to take a break and consider what Rin's path is about, and what it tells you about human communication and understanding. Seeing how it just barely worked, and seeing how hard it came down when it didn't work... yeah. I also had to play this path again to really get many of the details on everything Rin implies.
Was very well done!
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Lilly's confession. 'Nuff said. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I was an invaritable waterspout at every point in Lilly's arc during and after the weekend in... Hokkaido, was it? At the summer home. I was also really emotional in Hanako's, but that was more constant and less severe, save for at the very end in the park. The thing is, Lilly's choices were all really common sense to me, whereas sometimes in Hanako's I had to stop and think "hey, is this the right decision I'm about to make? Is it good for her? Is it good for us?"

Also, I teared up a few times during Shizune's and Emi's, though I can't quite remember when.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Every ending and Lilly's confession. And the scene where Kenji removes his glasses, weirdly enough.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

The honeymuffin scene
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Anal.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:Every ending and Lilly's confession. And the scene where Kenji removes his glasses, weirdly enough.
That's one of the few times I felt for him. Like he was an actual person worth knowing.
He was also pretty funny throughout Shizune's route. "It should be. With rings. Big rings with emblems. And gold."
But in every other appearance, I wanted little more than to either give him the finger and walk off or punch him in the face, depending on context.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Every ending and Lilly's confession. And the scene where Kenji removes his glasses, weirdly enough.
That's one of the few times I felt for him. Like he was an actual person worth knowing.
He was also pretty funny throughout Shizune's route. "It should be. With rings. Big rings with emblems. And gold."
But in every other appearance, I wanted little more than to either give him the finger and walk off or punch him in the face, depending on context.
"It should be. With rings. Big rings with emblems. And gold. And blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the gold. And emblems. And rings. And blackjack."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Xanatos wrote:
FoxtrotZero wrote:
"It should be. With rings. Big rings with emblems. And gold. And blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the gold. And emblems. And rings. And blackjack."
You know what? It's probably been done, but I have to say this anyway; someone needs to write a Kenji fanfic. Like, not Hisao/Kenji shipping, but just a fanfic ABOUT Kenji and his utter madness, quite possibly with Hisao involved (whether he likes it or not).

"You know, Kenji, I love going to these places with you, but it's getting late..."
"Yeah, yeah, I know, the night is young! Come on, drink up!"
"You know, I told <blank> I'd be back at a decent hour, she's probably wondering..."
"So anyway, back to the price of land in Japan, let me tell you why that's bullshit"
*Hisao takes a long drink*
"Yeah, you do that, I'm going to see if I can get drunk enough to completely tune you out"
"...but if that were the case then the Feminists could just control us that way, which is why..."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

FoxtrotZero wrote:You know what? It's probably been done, but I have to say this anyway; someone needs to write a Kenji fanfic. Like, not Hisao/Kenji shipping, but just a fanfic ABOUT Kenji and his utter madness, quite possibly with Hisao involved (whether he likes it or not).
I actually started a Kenji fic (among others) but then my usual thoughts of "nobody's gonna read this crap anyway" cropped up and I tossed it all into some forgotten text file.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Agreed about Kenji. Seeing how tired his eyes looked behind those glasses. Like the guy really went through some serious shit in his life.

Lilly in the grassy fields, Hanako in the park at the end, and Emi in the graveyard visiting her father.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ArazelEternal wrote:
Agreed about Kenji. Seeing how tired his eyes looked behind those glasses. Like the guy really went through some serious shit in his life.
More likely, he's a paranoid insomniac. :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:
More likely, he's a paranoid insomniac. :lol:
That's probably it :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.