Did we change?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Linkandpie

How has KS changed you? (For better or for worse)

Post by Linkandpie »

After playing Katawa Shoujo, I felt like I had stepped into a new chapter of my own life. I've been getting closer to someone, and it seems that playing KS has helped with my confidence. After playing Shizune's route, it even inspired me to take up American Sign Language, which happens to be my crush's third language! (After Chinese). I probably spent a good solid 2 weeks playing through all the arcs, and I felt heartache for some time afterwards. I miss "my time in Yamaku", but I feel that it has given me a push in life. I was just wondering, how has KS changed you, for better or for worse?
LayZPanda

KS Changes my view on life

Post by LayZPanda »

A friend recommended me to this game, and I'm glad he did. KS really changed my life in a kinda bad way but good way. The bad way is that it makes me think about my life, basically saying that my life is absolute garbage right now and I should go out there and find someone, especially Emi. The good way is that I should never underestimate people and don't judge them by their looks, Never judge a book by its cover right? My first route is Emi and I love it so much that I wish about being in Hisao's position right now. I don't expect any replies on this topic, I just wanted to express my feelings but didn't know where to put it. I hope KS 2/3 would be made, and hopefully it would be set in the future so that I won't have to imagine it by myself, even though it would be good but it is not the same. Anyways KS has really taught me a lesson, learning advanced vocabulary, knowing life and making me feel bad about myself knowing I'm just sitting here doing nothing. But I am glad I played this game. I have a scenario where I meet someone like Emi, and that I would never betray her and always be by her side, living the good life you know? Right now, I am in what is basically High School, studying hard. But I hope someday, I will find someone, someone to be with like how Hisao was to Emi. Will this happen? Only time will tell. Another view on life this game has taught me was that life is so innocent and so are the people, everyone in Yamaku is so nice and caring with a few exceptions (I am talking about you Kenji, feminist agenda !!), but life nowadays (but it just might be because of where I live) is always really bad. It is rare to find really nice people and to be honest most people are stuck up bitches, pardon my language there. It is true though, most people are going for the 'bad boy' type, but I just wish that I would find someone like Emi or any girl in Katawa Shoujo, actually just a nice girl who is pure and innocent. Hopefully, this day will come.

If you feel the same, don't hesitate to reply :D

I hope that KS 2/3 will be made, and I am willing to help but not 24/7 of course, but only with the basic stuff, like Hisou in the student council !
If there is any help I can be apart of, whether it is proof reading or helping with fan work, I will be here. Checking this thread every day about 5 times a day.

EMI FOR THE WIN!!
marian11

Re: KS Changes my view on life

Post by marian11 »

Welcome to the club, bro. Most of us, if not all feel like ya after playing this masterpiece.Glad you like the game and take your time with all the routes. :)
pandaphil

Re: Did we change?

Post by pandaphil »

Welcome Panda! You'll find a lot of people here feel the same as you.

Let us know what you think of the other girls.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
LayZPanda

Post by LayZPanda »

I definitely will do that, once I finish the other characters of course.
I was talking to my father about life, and he says that this is what life is. There are good things and bad things, you just need to sort it out and pick out the good things.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Bad things can sometimes provide lessons.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Ritter Delorges

Re: KS Changes my view on life

Post by Ritter Delorges »

LayZPanda wrote:The bad way is that it makes me think about my life, basically saying that my life is absolute garbage right now and I should go out there and find someone, especially Emi.
[...]
Another view on life this game has taught me was that life is so innocent and so are the people, everyone in Yamaku is so nice and caring with a few exceptions (I am talking about you Kenji, feminist agenda !!), but life nowadays (but it just might be because of where I live) is always really bad. It is rare to find really nice people and to be honest most people are stuck up bitches, pardon my language there.
That's interesting. Obviously I know nothing about your life. I have seen takes similar to yours before, too. However my reaction was very different.

Quite possibly the thing I like most about Katawa Shoujo is that it manages to combine two things. It presents good relationships as incredibly valuable but also as something that is within reach. The right things to do in the game are things most of us can do in real life, too. We may not be able to save the world or anyone in it. We may not even find perfect and eternal love, but almost all of us can respect someone, trust someone, open up to someone, be honest to someone or accept someone. This game told me that it is worth it.
Lexäeus

Post by Lexäeus »

I'd say it changed me for the better. I played Shizune's route, Hanako's, Rin's, Lilly's, then Emi's. During Shizune's, I realized how much of a dick I must be to others. I don't do anything for other people, I always had only my interest at heart. During Hanako's, I realized that it doesn't really matter what other people think of you, so long as you are comfortable in your own skin. In Rin's, I became angry. I don't really like visual art. This is because colors bother me. And that is because I'm color blind. I don't know what purple is. I never have and never will. Blue is blue, and purple is blue. Green is brown. So when I looked at Rin's paintings, obviously it took work and effort, but I'll never be able to appreciate them fully because some of the colors look the same. But then, during Lilly's route, I realized that even though I'm color blind, I can still see. The leaves on the evergreen trees are brown, but I can see them nonetheless. Finally, during Emi's route, I began a running routine because I wanted to prove to myself I could accomplish something. In the end, if I ever meet a girl that I can share these feelings with, that'll be great, but if I don't, that's okay, because I proved to myself that life is what you make it, and just because life decided that something inside or outside of you doesn't work right, doesn't mean it's all a loss. So, what I'm trying to say is, the game made me value life more than I ever did before.
"A light breeze causes the naked branches overhead to rattle like wooden windchimes."
LayZPanda

Post by LayZPanda »

Wow, these are some really strong comments. It really makes me think, I am 15 at the moment and hopefully life will turn out for the better for me. I will study hard, get into a good university, find the woman of my dreams, get a job and then a family. This game has taught me a lot, and reading through these comments taught me even more. Thanks :D
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

LayZPanda wrote:Wow, these are some really strong comments. It really makes me think, I am 15 at the moment and hopefully life will turn out for the better for me. I will study hard, get into a good university, find the woman of my dreams, get a job and then a family. This game has taught me a lot, and reading through these comments taught me even more. Thanks :D
just think things through and you'll do great kiddo :)
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
TheNicofabi

Post by TheNicofabi »

Hm... i guess i say something to all of this here too... i started played KS just like 3 days ago and finished it yesterday on the path of Hanako and i guess that KS is something that changed me atleast a little even it is just the way of how i interact with people or else. As i am 17 right now i might dont get much of the story right but Hanako's story definitly changed something in me... maybe it still needs some time to get out... (and sorry but this is kinad my writing style with all those ...)
It doesnt matter how a person looks like... it seriously is just important if you know that you feel for that person. When you think about that person and you find it weird... dont make it fade away, respect it and try your best in not loosing that person.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

9 months ago I finished Hanako's route for the first time, and something in me changed. Something that died was restored and I became happier again. In fact sometimes I wonder if I ever was as happy as I am now. It's like I've been filled with a new energy. Something like this must be shared!
Slerbatus

Post by Slerbatus »

i have allways been easy going guy who gets lots of friends if i get to chance to meet them in person or just talk to the trought phone or skype.
But before reading ks i never actually truly wanted to meet new people... it just kinf of happened. Nowdays i want to meet and talk to different kind of people
and I have gone from shy to more free person wo never backs his words.
I learned that you don't suppose to judge people by apperance and just be your true self.
Remember that eventually everything will be ruled by tortoises.
paaruna in skype.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

granted i havent been playing KS for a long time, only this past week or so, but i ended up starting on emi's path and finished it last night just before going to sleep. it did change me, but it was only emi's route that made feels appear. im sure the story gets better with the others, or atleast more enticing and a stronger story will arise.

anywho, finishing emi's route did make me change a bit. made me a bit more, how should i put this, more friendly and caring? i have a friend who is quite possibly the real life hanako and im trying to get her to open up. whether its working or not, time knows.
no hidden message in here
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

hitman555z wrote:granted i havent been playing KS for a long time, only this past week or so, but i ended up starting on emi's path and finished it last night just before going to sleep. it did change me, but it was only emi's route that made feels appear. im sure the story gets better with the others, or atleast more enticing and a stronger story will arise.

anywho, finishing emi's route did make me change a bit. made me a bit more, how should i put this, more friendly and caring? i have a friend who is quite possibly the real life hanako and im trying to get her to open up. whether its working or not, time knows.
"I've only played Emi's route but it was only emi's route that made feels appear."

Bad or good end? Gotta get both. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."