9%
Kinda Sorta
22%

Total votes: 82

royaltyler

IT IS TOO CUTE

Post by royaltyler »

IT IS JUST TOO CUTE. WHY IS IT SO CUTE?

Seriously though, am I the only one here who seems to get assaulted by how, well, it is not exactly, we it may be, cute this game is. I mean, I just find the text to be so endearing that I can't stand it, I feel like screaming (that is not a bad thing) and I get the widest ass smile on my face. It is lucky I can hold it so well is all I can say.
Last edited by royaltyler on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to put here, yet. I may put something here.
Camoufrage

Re: IT IS TOO CUTE

Post by Camoufrage »

This game makes any decent human being feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

If it doesnt you gotta be a screwed up person :lol:
royaltyler

Post by royaltyler »

Camoufrage wrote:This game makes any decent human being feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Exactly, that is what I meant. All warm and fuzzy :D.
I don't know what to put here, yet. I may put something here.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Camoufrage wrote:This game makes any decent human being feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I agree 100%.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Katawa Shoujo isnt even close to being too cute

ever see Chi's Sweet Home or Nyoron Churuya-San? that's what you call too cute.

even so, Rin makes me Hnnnng whenever she smiles. its damn cute i must say.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

A few scenes and stuff did make me d'aw.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Quite a few cute scenes, but overall, KS isn't what you'd call "cute", IMO. I'd say its primary purpose isn't looking cute. KS pulls at your heartstrings in different ways. The VN on my sig and avatar on the other hand, now that's something that can be called "too cute". Its characters essentially exist to look cute.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It's not too cute. It's just cute enough!
Not Dead Yet
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

At multiple points some characters let it slip that they've considered taking up self harm or are self loathing, a couple of the adult scenes are so bitter and shocking some people consider them rape (Mind you some people are stupid) and your dorm neighbor is out of his fucking mind. Oh yeah, Katawa Shoujo is just SOOOO cute![/sarcasm]

But honestly a lack of cuteness is not a bad thing. Katawa Shoujo is at it's best when the characters are at their worst, when mistakes are piling up and the slightest twitch could set off a psychotic episode. Focusing on the cute in a good drama is like a video game focusing on the sky box when the gameplay itself is boring and broken, like something made by Cliffy B.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Pyramid Head wrote:At multiple points some characters let it slip that they've considered taking up self harm or are self loathing, a couple of the adult scenes are so bitter and shocking some people consider them rape (Mind you some people are stupid) and your dorm neighbor is out of his fucking mind. Oh yeah, Katawa Shoujo is just SOOOO cute![/sarcasm]

But honestly a lack of cuteness is not a bad thing. Katawa Shoujo is at it's best when the characters are at their worst, when mistakes are piling up and the slightest twitch could set off a psychotic episode. Focusing on the cute in a good drama is like a video game focusing on the sky box when the gameplay itself is boring and broken, like something made by Cliffy B.
But all the good endings are heartwarming and the neighbor is the comic relief. And the slide is set to idealism way more than Cynicism.
KS its not cute, but its not as grim as you say.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

What about bad endings?

I don't find it cute, personally. The characters? Some, yes. The game? Nope.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

There are a lot of scenes that were pretty darn cute, ("I'll devour you!" Yes, I found this cute.) as well as the characters. As far as the VN as a whole? Na, not really imo.

It seems more like...a life experience? And that just seems more serious than cute to me.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Tomate wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:At multiple points some characters let it slip that they've considered taking up self harm or are self loathing, a couple of the adult scenes are so bitter and shocking some people consider them rape (Mind you some people are stupid) and your dorm neighbor is out of his fucking mind. Oh yeah, Katawa Shoujo is just SOOOO cute![/sarcasm]

But all the good endings are heartwarming and the neighbor is the comic relief. And the slide is set to idealism way more than Cynicism.
KS its not cute, but its not as grim as you say.

Uh.. are we talking about the same VN here? Katawa Shoujo, right? The thing where even the good endings simply show the commencement of a relationship which could very easily go south because of the obstacles climbed over just to reach the one point where they can agree on something? Where Hisao's behavior most of the time gives you the impression that the bad endings would more likely fit into an official canon were one ever established? Maybe i exaggerate how dark it is but an ideal relationship would probably leave out little things like the bitter sex scenes between two people making horribly incorrect assumptions as they don't know one another in the slightest. That's hardly ideal.
Well unless you're a masochist, i guess i shouldn't ignore that possibility. But still, the existence of a happy possible ending doesn't make it an ideal story.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Maybe i exaggerate how dark it is
You do. You also seem to be one of those glass is half empty kinda guys.
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:Katawa Shoujo isnt even close to being too cute

ever see Chi's Sweet Home or Nyoron Churuya-San? that's what you call too cute.

even so, Rin makes me Hnnnng whenever she smiles. its damn cute i must say.
...Chi's Sweet Home...Ugh. Now I have to go find some of that. I'm gonna come back with diabetes. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."