KS Music that gets to you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KevnEm

Re: Favourite Music

Post by KevnEm »

So I've been staring at this list for quite a while now, and even with the limited options, this decision is incredibly difficult.
Can't I just choose all of them? Please?...No?

...Okay, I've decided. First of all, Other. Romance in Andante is probably the closest thing I have to a favorite song in the game. Sometimes I feel like the only person who prefers this version to II. Even though it's only played during the credits, the feels I get whenever I hear it after finishing a route are immense, especially with the segue to Wiosna. That Am7b5 chord gets me every time. I almost wish it didn't resolve back to G just so I could have that chord ring in my ears all day. No matter when I listen to this song now, chills always run down my spine.

And then, for something off the list, after a very close decision between Breathlessly, Innocence, and Parity, I went with Parity, although I wish I could have gone with all 3 (or really all of the songs). The first two are incredibly beautiful, feels-inducing songs. Seriously, when Innocence started playing at the end of Hanako's route, I came closer to crying while reading/watching/listening to something than I have ever come to in my life. Then of course there's that beautiful chord progression when the strings come in and in the following section. But Parity is just...Parity. It easily provides the least feels out of the songs I've named here, but that's okay cause it's just an amazing jazzy piece. And of course, it's Rin's theme to boot. My favorite song on the list by a small margin. /overly long rant
yummines

Post by yummines »

i would say Parity

not just because it goes with everything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp07bBWEch8&), or that it's Rin's theme, but because it seems to have that calming effect that a lot of the music i listen to has. I dunno, I've heard so much somber piano from anime and movies that piano like this seems to be a little less prevalent.
Indigocell

Post by Indigocell »

I voted "Other" because my favorite happens to be this one.

Everyday Fantasy

It reminds me of all the happy moments in KS that I want to remember, most of the others are so sad and melancholic. :(

I like them all, however.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Hmm Moment of Decision, Painful History and Breathlessly are so beautiful. Wiosna is really nice, I like to listen to it all the way through before going into the game <3

Raindrops and Puddles has really nice guitar too.

Oh and I have to say Jitter is amazing with that cutscene, I love that little cutscene.
Image Kaede <3
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

Well, I cast my vote on the single song that was represented in the poll that is part of my top three favourite songs, Moment of Decision.

The other two songs, both of which I can listen to over and over, I like just as much, Wiosna and Afternoon.

(The cutscene songs don't really count in my opinion. )
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Oogy wrote: (The cutscene songs don't really count in my opinion. )
why not?
you can still loop them, I think jitter is the pick of the bunch and is right up there in terms of my fav songs
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
Oogy

Post by Oogy »

Lolzster wrote:
why not?
you can still loop them, I think jitter is the pick of the bunch and is right up there in terms of my fav songs
I don't know, it kind of feels strange and like a bit of a step down to be listening to the cutscene songs without the actual cutscene watching, kind of spoils it for me, actually.
I don't normaly go on forums, but when I do, it's pretty damn sure that needed more of whatever it is the forums is about.
There just had to be -more- to "The Katawa Shoujo Experience". ( 100% completion D: )

100 pushup program, pretest: 55
Mentlegen

Post by Mentlegen »

Jitter
Aili

Post by Aili »

I just love Ease and Innocence. When I think about Katawa Shoujo, I usually think about Wiosna. However, the song that reminds me the most about the characters and the story itself is Ease. Innocence is a great piece, while Parity and Red Velvet are tied for third. I love how natural Red Velvet sounds to me, and Parity is just so catchy.
Lilly > Misha> Shizune > Hanako > Emi > Rin
Lolzster

Post by Lolzster »

Oogy wrote:
Lolzster wrote:
why not?
I don't know, it kind of feels strange and like a bit of a step down to be listening to the cutscene songs without the actual cutscene watching, kind of spoils it for me, actually.
I understand if you don't have the cut scene playing, I get your point

I thought you just didn't like the tracks at all
ImageImage
Favourite routes: Lilly>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Shizune

Most Feels in route: Lilly>Emi>Hanako>Rin (frustration doesn't count as feels)> Shizune

Yes I love Lilly and hate Shizune... deal with it :)
ThistlewickVII

Post by ThistlewickVII »

Caged Heart. It's so moving, because it comes in at all the sad parts. It's just perfect for those emotional moments.
Sometimes I find myself singing it in my head throughout school.

I'm going to make it my ringtone!
Became a better person because of KS. But I was pretty awesome to begin with.
Contender to be the Last Sane Man in an Insane World.
Likes Dogs.

Post by Guest »

Painful History, most definitely :D
khaosdvorak

Post by khaosdvorak »

Mine is daylight. Mainly because in that song you can hear what sounds like water drops, and for a few times I thought there was some water dripping in my room before I realized it was part of the song.....LOL
When Hanako smiles it makes you feel on top of the world.
When hanako cries.....*HNNNNNNNGGGGGGG* *dies*
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

My 2 favorites are not on the list. #1 is Afternoon. #2 is the original Student Council theme (not found in the full game).
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

ravenlord wrote:#2 is the original Student Council theme (not found in the full game).
Can you provide a link? I'm intrigued...
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune