Katawa Shoujo and Alcohol

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xden

Katawa Shoujo and Alcohol

Post by Xden »

Has anyone tried playing Katawa Shoujo while under the influence? I'm thinking about trying it to see how much it changes the feels, but I'm not sure if it's a bad idea for an initial playthrough of a route. I might reconsider and save it for when I come back to do replays. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has tried it already. I've only done Emi's route so far, so try not to give away any specifics about other routes. :X
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Xanatos

Re: Katawa Shoujo and Alcohol

Post by Xanatos »

The manly picnic route involves booze. Do it then. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Are you trying to:
-amplify your feels
-simulate the manly picnic or evenings with Lilly
-come up with a drinking game?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Katawa Shoujo Drinking Game.

Act 1

Hanako Arc:
Take 2shots everytime Hanako acts skittish

When her sex scene comes up, you must read and watch it, no matter how awkward it is. If you pussy out, you must drink a full glass of hard alcohol, with no chaser. Oh, and the hard alcohol can't be fruity.

Take a shot everytime Hanako opens up to somebody

Chug hard alcohol during her entire birthday scene.

If you got her bad ending, you are to take 5 shots of Everclear

Emi Arc:
Take a shot everytime her MILF of a mother appears.

Rin Arc:

Shizune and Misha Arc:
Talk a shot everytime Shizune doesn't have a speaking roll.

Lilly Arc:
3 Shots everytime she says "My, My"
2 Shots everytime people are scare to make jokes about her blindness
5 Shots for anything implying about her horniness aka her HASD
3 Shots everytime Akira shows up.

Misc:

2 Shots everytime Miki shows up, gaylord.
3 Shots everytime Kenji rants about women
1 Shot for everytime Yuka (or whatever that one woman who works at that cafe and the school si called)
Last edited by Snow_Storm on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xden

Post by Xden »

metalangel wrote:Are you trying to:
-amplify your feels
-simulate the manly picnic or evenings with Lilly
-come up with a drinking game?
Mostly amplify my feels, but the second option might be nice too.

Once I've played all the routes, Snow_Storm's drinking game isn't such a bad idea either.
"Everyone sees what you appear to be. Few really know what you are." -Machiavelli
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Snow_Storm wrote:Katawa Shoujo Drinking Game.
Nightmare mode: Take a shot every time you have a feel
Dante Must Die Mode: Take a shot every time Hisao does something retarded
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Brogurt wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Katawa Shoujo Drinking Game.
Nightmare mode: Take a shot every time you have a feel
Dante Must Die Mode: Take a shot every time Hisao does something retarded
"Brogurt sounds like a really badass euphemism for semen..."

I hate my mind sometimes. XD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

I have played Katawa Shoujo while technically under the influence, but since i get really anxious and paranoid when i'm drunk i don't ever let myself have more than three drinks within one hour so i barely counted as buzzed. Still, i can say that the sweeter moments that make you want to puke do go down better with a good beer, especially if you can handle porters or stouts (No macrobrewery piss water please) or that something like a hefeweizen or sake goes well with the darker moments, so yes, if you can pace yourself and just enjoy the drink you can enjoy Katawa Shoujo with alcohol. Just please, enjoy responsibly, we've all seen how nasty hangovers can be in the Hanako arc.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:I have played Katawa Shoujo while technically under the influence, but since i get really anxious and paranoid when i'm drunk i don't ever let myself have more than three drinks within one hour so i barely counted as buzzed. Still, i can say that the sweeter moments that make you want to puke do go down better with a good beer, especially if you can handle porters or stouts (No macrobrewery piss water please) or that something like a hefeweizen or sake goes well with the darker moments, so yes, if you can pace yourself and just enjoy the drink you can enjoy Katawa Shoujo with alcohol. Just please, enjoy responsibly, we've all seen how nasty hangovers can be in the Hanako arc.
Aw, but Hanako was adorable in that scene. Napping like a puppy in that cute pink thing she wore. :3

Lilly should just learn from her and pass out until it's over next time.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Last Night Of Feels Mode: Take a shot every text section. (You must read them though, lol) Make sure to check out where you left when you woke up. That will show how long you survived.
Xden

Post by Xden »

Erenussocrates wrote:Last Night Of Feels Mode: Take a shot every text section. (You must read them though, lol) Make sure to check out where you left when you woke up. That will show how long you survived.
Addition: Take a shot every time you slur a word while reading.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xden wrote:
Erenussocrates wrote:Last Night Of Feels Mode: Take a shot every text section. (You must read them though, lol) Make sure to check out where you left when you woke up. That will show how long you survived.
Addition: Take a shot every time you slur a word while reading.
Do people usually slur while reading?

Take a shot every time the soundtrack is awesome.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

You WILL get alcohol poisoning mode: Play through Shizune's arc and take a shot of Jaeger everytime you see the words "Feminist", "Delinquent" and "WAHAHA"
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Xden

Post by Xden »

So many good ideas for drinking games.
I'm actually surprised there aren't more people responding with their experience playing drunk though.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Xden wrote:So many good ideas for drinking games.
I'm actually surprised there aren't more people responding with their experience playing drunk though.
Given my last experience getting drunk, I'm a bit reluctant to drink that much again...