Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Dawnstorm

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by Dawnstorm »

Guest Poster wrote:Anyway, dunno about usefulness. Most people who pointed it out considered it a relatively minor thing, so I'm unlikely to go through the whole story to remove them or so.
I agree. It's a very minor issue.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I assume you're not going to point out which posts are legit and which ones aren't?
Is it that important to you, or are you willing to take me at face value when I say that some feedback has worth and some feedback does not?
you're instead trying to base it on other people's posts here...
I'm trying to decide if it's worth reading based on the comments. Wouldn't someone do the same with comments on Amazon or something?
JTemby

Post by JTemby »

Brogurt wrote:
you're instead trying to base it on other people's posts here...
I'm trying to decide if it's worth reading based on the comments. Wouldn't someone do the same with comments on Amazon or something?
Take it from me, its engaging enough that the length doesn't seem like a factor.
It's well worth the read.
publicfigure

Post by publicfigure »

This is a well constructed story where all the characterization were on par with the VN. It is an easy read, don't get the issue with the whole () thing because I pick up it was thoughts that the character was having within construct of the moment. It took it cues from VN to create a not an epilogue to the Hanako character, but the whole relationship with all the characters of the VN. While it is called a "fanfiction", I call it a short story worthy of being not just added to the VN but publish as a story on its own merits. Well done, sir. Well done.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Finally, if I'm not mistaken, this fanfic contains a reference to the 80ies arcade game Pooyan.
Actually, it was Buster Bros I had in mind, which was made by Capcom around 1989. :)
Is it that important to you, or are you willing to take me at face value when I say that some feedback has worth and some feedback does not?
That's something else entirely than suggesting some of the praise from people here isn't legit. If someone reads through a fanfic and something sticks in his mind during the process, he's welcome to share it even if it was something that bothered him. If someone reads through the story and finds it enjoyable I think it's fine if he posts a simple "I enjoyed reading this." and moves on. Not every reaction has to be feedback in the sense of containing a "Here's what I think could be better about it."-element. Nor do I think posts lacking that element have no reason to be here.

To answer your question, what others consider legit or otherwise in this thread isn't terribly important to me.
I assume he would...if there was a purchase button he'd have to click without the option of a refund. For free fanfics I think the same excuse that people have used to encourage others to try KS applies. Namely: "What do you have to lose?" and "What would stop you from calling it quits at any point where you felt like reading any further would be a waste of time?"
This is a well constructed story where all the characterization were on par with the VN. It is an easy read, don't get the issue with the whole () thing because I pick up it was thoughts that the character was having within construct of the moment. It took it cues from VN to create a not an epilogue to the Hanako character, but the whole relationship with all the characters of the VN. While it is called a "fanfiction", I call it a short story worthy of being not just added to the VN but publish as a story on its own merits. Well done, sir. Well done.
Thanks. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Last edited by Guest Poster on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

Guest Poster wrote:Actually, it was Buster Bros I had in mind, which was made by Capcom around 1989. :)
I thought I didn't know that one, until I googled images. Played it occasionally in the arcades.

(I'm really showing my age, thinking of Pooyan. Come to think of it, no mention of pigs should have been suspicious. :lol: )
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

I enjoyed this very much, I'm not sure what else I could say. thank you.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I thought I didn't know that one, until I googled images. Played it occasionally in the arcades.

(I'm really showing my age, thinking of Pooyan. Come to think of it, no mention of pigs should have been suspicious. )
Heh, I never even heard of that one before you mentioned it. You learn something new every day.
I enjoyed this very much, I'm not sure what else I could say. thank you.
Thanks. :)
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
AR700SAW

Post by AR700SAW »

I (like a few others I noticed) decided to make an account here just to praise you for your fantastic work, even putting a link to this story in my signature! :) I can't really add anything to what others have said, only reinforce it; the story connected beautifully with the VN's ending, just like two puzzle pieces fitting together. It was extremely interesting, I could hardly take my concentration off of reading this wonderful story except to rest; it feels very much canon, I know if they added this onto the ending for Hanako I would honestly not be able to tell the difference in writing quality and professionalism, and how it was written (the... flow and style of it I guess you could say? I couldn't really think of the proper words to use here :/). Again, congratulations on making such a fantastically interesting, captivating, funny and heart-wrenching story and thank you for giving me (and I'd like to assume more than a few others) a fantastic way to enjoy an afternoon. I'd happily read anything else you write (if you ever decide to) since if this is any indication, you have some impressive talents. :D

The only thing I wish for would be that certain pieces of the VN music would play at the appropriate times (just like in the VN where they help to show tension, happiness, sorrow, etc. within the scene) to enhance the experience even further, but that's practically impossible unfortunately :)
Emi > Hanako (extremely close second) > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

With these beautiful FanFictions included (Hanako: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6750 Rika: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5920 Suzu: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6192), the order goes:
Hanako > Emi > Rika > Suzu > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

AR700SAW wrote:I (like a few others I noticed) decided to make an account here just to praise you for your fantastic work, even putting a link to this story in my signature! :) I can't really add anything to what others have said, only reinforce it; the story connected beautifully with the VN's ending, just like two puzzle pieces fitting together. It was extremely interesting, I could hardly take my concentration off of reading this wonderful story except to rest; it feels very much canon, I know if they added this onto the ending for Hanako I would honestly not be able to tell the difference in writing quality and professionalism, and how it was written (the... flow and style of it I guess you could say? I couldn't really think of the proper words to use here :/). Again, congratulations on making such a fantastically interesting, captivating, funny and heart-wrenching story and thank you for giving me (and I'd like to assume more than a few others) a fantastic way to enjoy an afternoon. I'd happily read anything else you write (if you ever decide to) since if this is any indication, you have some impressive talents. :D

The only thing I wish for would be that certain pieces of the VN music would play at the appropriate times (just like in the VN where they help to show tension, happiness, sorrow, etc. within the scene) to enhance the experience even further, but that's practically impossible unfortunately :)
Thanks for the words of praise. :)

About the music, the KS soundtrack is downloadable. You could play certain pieces while reading. Actually, I remember a fanfic where the writer wrote down song names at the start of each scene for that purpose. It was a nice little addition, though I also kinda thought it drew the reader out of the immersion.
AR700SAW

Post by AR700SAW »

Guest Poster wrote: Thanks for the words of praise. :)

About the music, the KS soundtrack is downloadable. You could play certain pieces while reading. Actually, I remember a fanfic where the writer wrote down song names at the start of each scene for that purpose. It was a nice little addition, though I also kinda thought it drew the reader out of the immersion.
No problem! :)

Ah, really? Well I'll have to check that out then, thanks for informing me! It does make sense though what you said, it'd be quite the hassle to stop reading (and break the flow) to look through your music library just to find the song, then carry on reading, then stop the song again when that scene is over.
Emi > Hanako (extremely close second) > Lilly > Shizune > Rin

With these beautiful FanFictions included (Hanako: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6750 Rika: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5920 Suzu: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6192), the order goes:
Hanako > Emi > Rika > Suzu > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It's on the download section of the main site. It's very much worth the download.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Feel free to look through the BBCode for Mendacium if you're interested in a system where songs can be switched with two mouse clicks, and activated/deactivated with one.

[/shamelessplug]
Goldom

Post by Goldom »

Earlier today I finished the game for the first time, and despite never before having seen a piece of fanfiction I've liked, couldn't help but start looking around for a Hanako epilogue, just to have a little more buffer between "they got together" and "The End." I've found when stories don't have those, I'm left listless for days afterwards - left hanging on the emotional high point without a return to normalcy, as it were.

And wow. I read this straight through for the entire afternoon. This was just so much more than I ever expected. If it had ended after the first few chapters, I would have been satisfied. But to cover the amount of material it did... Everyone else who's said this matches the quality of the game itself is right. Hell, I think I liked this more. You got down every character's personality perfectly, and brought their feelings and motivations out better than the main story. I was particularly glad to have some parts from others' points of view as well. It helped form Hisao as a whole character too, instead of just being a player analogue.

My only "complaint" is that your story so sold me on this conclusion that I'd have a hard time reading another route. I'll definitely keep an eye out for anything else you write. Thank you for this.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I appreciate the praise a lot and thank you for it, but you're doing yourself a serious disservice by not reading any of the other routes. Not only are they also enjoyable, but this story alludes to a lot of stuff from other storylines in KS. If you're gonna stick to Hanako like glue, at least try and view her neutral and bad ends. (particularly the latter, it's a very solid scene and elements of it were used in this story) More than anything else, try Lilly's route too. Hanako is very prominent in it and many, many elements from that route were used in this story. (in many ways, this fic is a Lilly route with Hisao going out with Hanako instead of Lilly) Other routes were merely alluded here and there, but are enjoyable in their own right. Seriously, you should reconsider. You can still, at the end, proclaim Hanako your waifu but you'll have better comparison material.