A Theory based on one of the April Fools in the dev blog.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheDeitySlayer

A Theory based on one of the April Fools in the dev blog.

Post by TheDeitySlayer »

Hello everyone.

I'm pretty sure every one of you has looked at the Katawa Shoujo Anime screen shots in the dev blog (shopped from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni of course :D)
If you havent, a link ---> http://katawashoujo.blogspot.fi/2010/04 ... ially.html (the pics are in the bottom section of the blog post)

When I decided to look at these pictures again, and thought, what if these pictures could be telling us what happened before everyone else besides Hisao came to Yamaku Academy. All the other characthers actually lived in Hinamizawa, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni is telling us their story with only the charachters changed.
Add in Kenji as Keiji (Kenji ---> Kenji :D), and if you remember the Onikakushi-hen arc (and few others), we can clearly see where his fear of women (mostly feminists came from). Kenji then started wearing glasses and colored his hair black in order to keep the others from regonizing him.

What do you think? Discuss about this (funny) theory :D
Image Image Image Image
Snow_Storm

Re: A Theory based on one of the April Fools in the dev blog

Post by Snow_Storm »

We hope you'll all be as excited as we are to see a Katawa Shoujo anime produced, and while we work both on the game and with Studio DEEN to assure the very best quality anime that can be made, we'll continue to provide our usual updates and announcements.
Studio DEEN to assure the very best quality anime that can be made
>Studio DEEN
>very best quality

Choose one.

Also, Hanako was originally suppose to become a yandere if you got one of her bad ends so her being Rena in the fake screenshot doesn't shock me.
My theory is that 4LS wanted to use a version of "Dear You" from the HIgurashi visual novel as the ending theme but couldn't afford the publishing rights for it.
TheDeitySlayer

Post by TheDeitySlayer »

Hmm. Could be. But what would the other charachters be then? If we already extablished something like this:

Keiji = Kenji
Rena = Hanako
Mion/Shion = Shizune (I never remember which one is in the fake Shizune screenshot, was it Shion?)
Image Image Image Image
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

TheDeitySlayer wrote:Hmm. Could be. But what would the other charachters be then? If we already extablished something like this:

Keiji = Kenji
Rena = Hanako
Mion/Shion = Shizune (I never remember which one is in the fake Shizune screenshot, was it Shion?)
TheDeitySlayer wrote:Hmm. Could be. But what would the other charachters be then? If we already extablished something like this:

Keiji = Kenji
Rena = Hanako
Shion was the crazy batshit insane one, so Shizune was Shion.

Anyways...

Hisao = Keiichi
Rena = Hanako
Lilly = Mion
Shizune = Shion
Emi - Satoko
4LS's Rika = Rika
Kenji = Satoshi
Tanako/Lambadelta = Miki
The pedophile nurse = Rin's teacher
Tomitake = Akira
TheDeitySlayer

Post by TheDeitySlayer »

Now we only need Oishi :D
Image Image Image Image
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

TheDeitySlayer wrote:Now we only need Oishi :D
Would Mutou be Oishi, or Akasaka?

Clearly the latter.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Snow_Storm wrote: Shion was the crazy batshit insane one, so Shizune was Shion.
No, wait...

Isn't Shion and Mion got 'switched' when they're a child? So technically, isn't it 'Mion' who's crazy batshit?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Megumeru wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote: Shion was the crazy batshit insane one, so Shizune was Shion.
No, wait...

Isn't Shion and Mion got 'switched' when they're a child? So technically, isn't it 'Mion' who's crazy batshit?
Kinda sorta.

The "Mion" who we all know and love and who wants Keiichi's dick is the sane twin was the original Shion before the mixed up.

The "Shion" we all hate (depending on your stance on Satoko) who wants Satoshi's dick is the original Mion and is the batshit insane yandere girl. (Of course, in the season 2 of the anime and the "Kill Them All" arc, she became a good guy[it's rumored in fan theory she had a flashback of her killing people before time had reset.]).
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Very interesting connections to the characters... I recently finished watching Higurashi and I must say, I loved it.. it was dark, but had an awesome story.. need more...