Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2015-4-1}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mahorfeus

Re: Iwanako: Mean Time to Breakdown {updated 2/23/2014}

Post by Mahorfeus »

Eh, I think any potential shock value from it turning into a yuri route would have been minimal anyway. It's not like it actually spoils anything.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Leaty

Re: Moar Leaty Chat

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Last edited by Leaty on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Leaty wrote:
Helbereth wrote:I hate Wuthering Heights more than most people hate Hitler.
I'm actually really keen on Jane Austen, but fuck the Brontës. Or at least Charlotte and Emily. Screw Colin Firth, too, while I'm at it.
It was a damned shock when I realized I was basically writing a modern version of those sort of books.
Helbereth wrote:There are six boys in room 3-3, not counting the missing Hisao: Taro, Akio, Haruhiko, Takashi, Lezard and LeLouch(or whoever that other guy is).
I never liked the idea of the cameo characters, so in the continuity of this fic they border on nonexistence. They're there, but I won't ever use them, and I won't ever mention their names in my fic. It clashes with the atmosphere of dark realism that I'm trying to create.
I don't see why that would be...
Iwanako refers to a "mousy girl with shoulder-length brown hair" in Scene 7. Is this one of the cameo characters? Maybe, maybe not.
Sounds like Misaki, actually.
Helbereth wrote:Even if you eliminate Taro, Takashi, and Haruhiko
Taro is obvious, but why the other two?
Takashi has a big bandage on the side of his head, and Haruhiko identifies as unusually effeminate (he has a damned barrette in his hair).
Helbereth wrote:because Iwanako seems to have a superficial outlook (yeah, I went there),
That Iwanako is secretly a bit of a brat is one of my favorite contributions to the character. In her defense, her family obviously doesn't have the best role models.
Indeed. It's woven subtly underneath her polite exterior, though. It comes out in her monologue when she starts describing the people she encounters, and usually in rather harsh terms.
That said, I wouldn't place bets on Iwanako becoming the blowjob queen of Yamaku Academy.
I hadn't even thought of that, but now you've gone and put that idea into the heads of a few dozen adolescent-minded authors. Rule 34 ensues.
That shouldn't be taken as a promise that Iwanako will wind up with a female, only that, at some point, at least one female will have some kind of sexual or romantic relationship with at least one other female. That's all I've told anyone, and it doesn't preclude a heterosexual relationship, either.
As an author who has dangled the proverbial carrot on a stick in front of my readers for a year and a half, I commend you on the attempt to maintain an air of mystery, even if that means contradicting your previous statements.

*raises a glass* Skoal!
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

I figured that it was because Haruhiko was in himself a joke/cameo character.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Helbereth wrote:
Helbereth wrote:Even if you eliminate Taro, Takashi, and Haruhiko
Taro is obvious, but why the other two?
Takashi has a big bandage on the side of his head, and Haruhiko identifies as unusually effeminate (he has a damned barrette in his hair).[/quote]
Haruhiko/Haruki Suzumiya (people seem to be unable to agree on his name) is a genderswap of Haruhi Suzumiya, and one of her "iconic" items is her headband.
Then again, most people tend to turn Haruhi's headband into headphones for her genderswap, but he lacks them in KS. Maybe they're against school rules? :lol:
Mahorfeus wrote:I figured that it was because Haruhiko was in himself a joke/cameo character.
Most people in the 3-3 classroom are joke/cameo characters. Ritsu Tainaka, Misaki Kwana, Lelouch Lamperouge(though he was replaced in the full VN), Haruhiko Suzumiya, Ikuno Komaki, and Lezard Valeth to be specific. Molly is ambiguous, since according to the devs she's also a cameo, but appears in the last CG of Hanako's good end soo.... yeah.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I don't know any of them, so I just see what's there.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Helbereth wrote:
Leaty wrote:
Helbereth wrote:There are six boys in room 3-3, not counting the missing Hisao: Taro, Akio, Haruhiko, Takashi, Lezard and LeLouch(or whoever that other guy is).
I never liked the idea of the cameo characters, so in the continuity of this fic they border on nonexistence. They're there, but I won't ever use them, and I won't ever mention their names in my fic. It clashes with the atmosphere of dark realism that I'm trying to create.
I don't see why that would be...
Because it's hard for me to take a story seriously when one of the characters in it is better known for piloting giant mecha. It would be like if Harrison Ford's character in The Fugitive were named Han Solo.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Leaty wrote:Because it's hard for me to take a story seriously when one of the characters in it is better known for piloting giant mecha. It would be like if Harrison Ford's character in The Fugitive were named Han Solo.
Ah, well that puts me at an advantage. To me, they're just faces in seats with no background information, so I can make up whatever I want if I choose to pluck one of them out and give them a life.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I also didn't want to have a character named "Lelouch" in my story, but I wanted to use the one with aphasia... I went with a compromise ;-)
Emi wrote:„Behind those two are Leon and Ooki, both from 3-3. Ooki is short for Motoki, and before you ask, he picked that nickname himself. Leon is short for... something French no one can pronounce.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I also didn't want to have a character named "Lelouch" in my story, but I wanted to use the one with aphasia... I went with a compromise ;-)
Emi wrote:„Behind those two are Leon and Ooki, both from 3-3. Ooki is short for Motoki, and before you ask, he picked that nickname himself. Leon is short for... something French no one can pronounce.
Clever.
Also, the guy who guy who can control people's minds with his voice (Lelouch) has aphasia (the inability to comprehend language, either written, spoken, or both, depending on the person), is pretty damned hilarious. Also, Akio looks a hell of a lot like Kyon
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Mader Levap

Post by Mader Levap »

Guessy wrote:Meanwhile, Iwanako crushes on Lilly rather spectacularly though I believe she's straight if I'm recalling her route correctly...?
Since when this is problem for fanfiction world? ;)
Helbereth wrote:Meanwhile, over here in the apocalyptic wasteland that is my mind, I'm trying to figure out why everyone is predicting a yuri situation with this story.
Two words: Yuri googles. When you put them on, everything is lesbian, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Leaty wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Yes, Leaty confirmed this would be a yuri story quite early.
Actually, virtually everything I said prior to the release of scene five can be safely disregarded. (...) The future is a mysteryyyyyyyyyyyyy~~~~~~
No offense, but I doubt anyone will believe.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Seriously, nothing I said before chapter five holds any water anymore. If I'd known anybody was going to take those comments seriously, I'd have deleted them.

I mean, you may as well go on believing that I'm going to give Iwanako a first-year roommate with blue skin, while you're at it.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

Leaty wrote:I mean, you may as well go on believing that I'm going to give Iwanako a first-year roommate with blue skin, while you're at it.
Iwanako X Liara T'Soni CONFIRMED
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

(deadfic)