Mendācium (Hanako) - Version 1.1.1

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Re: Mendācium (Hanako) - Version 1.1

Post by Guest »

Pretty sure this topic has been discussed to death now, how about instead of repeating the same things for the tenth time you all just stop giving Brogurt the attention he craves and stop stroking his...ego.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

nemz wrote:she's now going to always know that there's better sex out there.
Undoubtedly, but after the realizations that occurred in the ending, she's not going to care about that, since she found out what really matters within an interpersonal relationship, and all that other sappy shit.

And on a slightly less related note, I just realized that nearly all the discussion that is taking place concerns what happened chronologically before Mendacium, not after or during it.

To whom it may concern, did I make all the themes and plot points within it clear enough (the importance of the sex scene and the panic attack, for example) that there isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, or did it all just get overshadowed by the whole HANAKO NTR deal?
nemz

Post by nemz »

The latter.

The events of the story itself I don't particularly care for or empathize with, and while it works better in the rewrite it still doesn't really satisfy. I just think it's going too far in criticizing the piece to say it's also completely out of charecter.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

Brogurt wrote:Undoubtedly, but after the realizations that occurred in the ending, she's not going to care about that, since she found out what really matters within an interpersonal relationship, and all that other sappy shit.
She did that already.

And I understood perfectly what was happening and why. I just didn't agree with the basic premise of the piece.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Could we please get this thread locked once and for all so the endless flaming will finally end? You guys are going around in circles.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I can assure you that the extent of the flaming was within the chapter titles. which were all related to fire, DOHOHO
If you think that what's going on here is extreme or not-very-tame, you might be new to the internet.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Brogurt wrote: which were all related to fire, DOHOHO

Ah, Prometheus. Just barely caught the reference.

Either you're sincere, or you're trolling Hanabros in the cleverest, most dedicated trollage I've seen in my years. Either way, props for balls.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
semy32

Post by semy32 »

I hope my tears are delicious, enjoy them.

Very nice job.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Ah, Prometheus. Just barely caught the reference.
I do hope you're not referring to the Aliens prequel, since I saw that and was almost put off by the fact that people might think that the two were somehow related. And on a similar note, the first chapter was at one point going to be called Seraphim, and there was at least 5 reasons behind it, but I decided not to.

Post by Guest »

Brogurt wrote:
I do hope you're not referring to the Aliens prequel, since I saw that and was almost put off by the fact that people might think that the two were somehow related. And on a similar note, the first chapter was at one point going to be called Seraphim, and there was at least 5 reasons behind it, but I decided not to.
Nobody cares what the chapters are called.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Guest wrote: Nobody cares what the chapters are called.
I was responding to someone who cared what the chapters were called. If you're going to try being a smartass, you should succeed at being smart first.

Post by Guest »

Brogurt wrote:
I was responding to someone who cared what the chapters were called. If you're going to try being a smartass, you should succeed at being smart first.
There you go, getting all cute and aggressive for no reason again.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Brogurt wrote:

"Of course not, I haven't even seen it. I was referring to the being who gave humankind the gift of fire in greek mythology. Quite clever, that."
He chuckled amiably, reclining into his fine leather chair and sipping at his scotch as he did so.

I had to look up the exact definition of Seraphim though.
Wikipedia.com wrote:The word seraphim, literally "burning ones", transliterates a Hebrew plural noun; translation yields seraphs.
Teach me how to allusion, seriously. Never would've caught that without Google's help.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Slow your roll there, kiddo. I for one do care what the chapters are called because attention to detail like that adds to the content and depth of the story, and I thought it was clever.
And as a matter of fact, subjective statements like yours are completely based on opinion and nobody has any reason to take your word for it. If you say nobody cares and I say I do care, well, that makes you wrong, then, doesn't it? Trying to pass opinion off as fact makes you look like the idiot, and posting as a guest because you're too embarrassed to make a name for yourself won't hide that. Image

Post by Guest »

Doomish wrote:
Slow your roll there, kiddo. I for one do care what the chapters are called because attention to detail like that adds to the content and depth of the story, and I thought it was clever.
And as a matter of fact, subjective statements like yours are completely based on opinion and nobody has any reason to take your word for it. If you say nobody cares and I say I do care, well, that makes you wrong, then, doesn't it? Trying to pass opinion off as fact makes you look like the idiot, and posting as a guest because you're too embarrassed to make a name for yourself won't hide that. Image
Forgive me if I don't care about the opinion of a guy who admitted he hits women.