Legal Cheating in School using Braille system!!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KnownAnonymous

Legal Cheating in School using Braille system!!

Post by KnownAnonymous »

Anyone agree with this?.. As all I know of the common rules of a normal school, it only says that if you cheat; you should not be obvious or caught when doing it. But what if you use Braille system? Well, It's impossible for a teacher to see it..

And also it is useful for oral recitation :D...(especially for the 3+ pages that you will recite)
You will just only read by touch instead of memorizing it... :mrgreen:
NoOne3

Re: Legal Cheating in School using Braille system!!

Post by NoOne3 »

Son, what are you talking about?
There is no "legal" cheating. There's just cheating. If you get caught or not it's still illegal.
You've been badly misguided.

Also braille is hard to write in, using expensive typewriters, or printers. Theoretically can be done by hand, using some kind of hole-grid, and a stylus of some kind, but it would have to be done in mirror image. And dots are still visible up close, and from a certain angle.

Totally not worth it. I's easier to learn.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

If you've actually seen braille, and tried to 'feel' how a blind person reads. It's not so simple.
Your 'legal' cheating system is flawed.

Better of just studying like everyone else.
For Queen and Country
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

not to break it to you OP but...

wouldn't learning the subject be an easier method rather than learning an entirely new language? It's like taking an English test, but you studied binary codes or Japanese so you can make cheats for the English test...which is redundant.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Braille isn't a different language. Each set of dots maps one to one with English letters or groups of letters.

But yeah, this is really stupid.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

KnownAnonymous wrote:Anyone agree with this?.. As all I know of the common rules of a normal school, it only says that if you cheat; you should not be obvious or caught when doing it.
No, they say that you should not cheat period. Being caught or not is irrelevant.
But what if you use Braille system? Well, It's impossible for a teacher to see it..
That depends on how far you raise the dots. The easier it is for you to feel, the easier it will be for a teacher to see.
And also it is useful for oral recitation :D...(especially for the 3+ pages that you will recite)
Printed Braille tends to be quite large, actually: your three pages can easily balloon to twice that or more. If the assignment specifies three pages, you bring ten pages to the podium, yet your speech doesn't take any longer to say than anyone else's, your teacher is going to get suspicious.

But if you really want to buy the necessary books, spend the time, and shell out some $700 for a Perkins brailler (or spend 6-10 times as long to write by hand with a stylus, and be extra careful not to mess that up since with a stylus you have to write it backwards), knock yourself out. Personally, I think you'd spend far less time, effort, and money just studying for the tests, and you'd have no risk of being caught.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

Only just occurred to me that I have no idea how Braille would work in Japanese. Google time.

Oh I didn't realise they had a syllabic written language that was extensively used.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Considering how you have to run your fingertips along the dots to read it and how much paper you will need to make the answers for a test, how could you not get caught trying to use it to cheat?
"I'm not cheating, teach! I just like to drag my fingers around on blank sheets of paper while I take tests." :roll:
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

It seems as though KnownAnonymous has committed one of the big errors cheaters make (other than, you know, deciding to cheat in the first place): he (she?) assumes that his teachers are idiots. Sometimes a few idiots slip through the cracks, but this is rare. You do not live in a high-school sitcom.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

The amount of time you invest learning Braille and not to mention the resources you have to spend to get a suitable machine, you'd be better off just learning the material.
Klon

Post by Klon »

Yeah, I am afraid that I have to join the crowd saying that the effort to execute your plan to full extent takes more effort than learning - and that makes cheating redundant. Cheating is a good thing, if done well that is, and only then.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

How can cheating ever be a good thing?