Hisao's little bundle of joy

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eraser35

Re: Hisao's little bundle of joy

Post by Eraser35 »

Snow_Storm wrote:Soo...how we came from taking about if Hisaoxmain girl mated to a debate on condoms and birth control pills and the Catholic Church.
welcome to the internet where any thing can happen
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I'm not entirely sure I want to participate wholeheartedly in the full-scale abortion debate that has broken out here, but I will note a few things:
  • There is no set point at which a human life begins. Anyone who tries to tell you there is, has simply decided to choose an arbitrary point from the continuum of human development. People do this because they desperately desire a prescriptive code of ethics that can be applied in every situation. Moral gray areas frighten them immensely. Unfortunately for them, desire does not beget truth. Killing a man to steal his money, killing a man in self-defense, helping a terminally ill person end their own suffering, abortion after consensual sex, abortion after rape, abortion when delivering the baby would risk the life of the mother, contraception, masturbation, chewing my fingernails: all these things are essentially the same act, and the rightness or wrongness of each of them cannot be declared categorically or decisively.
  • To Paddy specifically: despite being an atheist, I can generally get along with Christians. I was raised Christian, it was a pleasant upbringing, and I harbor no ill will towards my former religion in general. I even still sing in my church's choir on occasion. However, what you're doing in this thread is the exact reason that atheists as a whole feel they cannot peacefully coexist with Christians (or other theists) as a whole: you are vehemently making absurd moral judgments based on nothing but an interpretation of text that is considered to be entirely fictional by many people to whom you are preaching. If you feel that strongly about an issue, then discuss it by all means, but try to leave the Bible out of it. If your viewpoint holds any weight in the real world, you should be able to frame your argument in a religiously agnostic form.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

That's it. I'm starting a separate thread. It's proably too late, but I'm diverting this once and for all. It's long overdue I do so.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6001 <<< Go here go here go here go here go here
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Too late.