KS Bead Sprites

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Woody Alien

KS Bead Sprites

Post by Woody Alien »

I was browsing the Mishimmie until found a very nice pixel art by an artist known as Kyle. Since I made a few bead sprites based upon actual old videogame sprites, I decided to give it a try and copy the tiny characters with my beads, here's the result:

Katawa Shoujo by Daddy Mulk, on Flickr

The sprites are more or less the same, with some slight modifications. Since this is the first time I based those sprites on work of another artist, instead of some screenshot of a videogame whose creators may or may not exist anymore, do I have to contact him?

Also, some notes: Emi's legs are bent because of a mistake, but I was pleased with the result and did not re-make them. And the beads in Hanako's body took quite some time to melt correctly. Oh, the ironi(ng). And Kenji is pale because he only goes out at night (real reason: I ran out of the skin-colored beads).

Rin's Parents?

Gotta go fast!
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
charmisokay

Re: KS Bead Sprites

Post by charmisokay »

Haha these are nice.
Good work :)
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

Nicely done. :)

Randomly, what's that red dinosaur from?
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

GG Crono wrote:Nicely done. :)

Randomly, what's that red dinosaur from?
Thanks! :wink:

The dino is from Ufouria, a NES adventure game that is on the list of my favorites since the early Nineties. If I remember, it never was officially released in the US, so many of you people couldn't play it. However I think it's available on WiiWare now.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Those are awesome!!!

I want one :(
Murex

Post by Murex »

Oh god, so cute. I think Rin's parents would have to be my favorite.