What else made you cry?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DH531

Re: What else made you cry?

Post by DH531 »

TheKingOfFacade wrote:The movie : A.I. Artificial Intelligence - The ending, every single time at the ending.

The game : NIER *I'm going to spoiler just everything because if you are interested in playing it, it is one game you REALLY don't want spoiled* The soundtrack played with the scenes is what hit me the hardest, when the King of Facade kills and is fately injured by Goose, then Emil's Karma started to play I broke out into tears. The same with Beepy and Kalil (It only hit me recently that when Beepy is on the ceiling, he's trying to get Kalil to exit through the hole in order to save him from harm, and I killed them, both. Roc's dieing cutscene was a tear jerker too. I suppose the thing that really upset me is the fact that not a single person comes out positively. Kaine is dead/Nier ceases to exist depending on the ending, Devola and Popola are dead meaning that that they can't create any more Gestalt's which means the current generation of "humans" is the last that there ever will be, The only very slight piece of closure you have is that Emil survived the fight with Devola and Popola, but with no one else around he'll be alone; Again.
It's a tragedy that the fanbase is tiny, I've only ever met 3-4 people that have ever played it. 2 of which haven't completed it and 1 didn't like it.
God damn it! I need to play NIER again, I don't think I cried at any of those but it was really sad for me.
MoonShadow

Post by MoonShadow »

contown wrote:Oh, and I cried rage tears at the clusterfuck that is Evangelion. Does that count?
Hey, that's also one way to let your emotions flow out.
PasterOfMuppets wrote:Disney/ Pixar's "UP"
Enough said.
I watched it... I'm not that easy on tears. Same for Wall-E.
charmisokay wrote:Cutting onions.
Damn them all.
Not for me! My contact lenses protect my eyes from that kind of harm.
Robnonymous wrote:The most explicit amount of tears I can recall shedding over a piece of media is at the end of The Green Mile. When John Coffey is about to be electrocuted and they go to put the hood on him. "I'm scared of the dark." It was all I could do to keep from bawling my eyes out at that point.
Yea, I watched that movie 2 or 3 times, but although it was sad, I haven't cried.

Thanks to you all for your ideas!
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
-Koth of the Hammer

"If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?"
-An unknown vampire

You can spot a werewolf-infested town by its lack of butcher shops.

Don't underestimate the aerodynamic qualities of the common goblin.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Fafner in the Azure: Right of Left.

". . . good boy. You went straight to your master's side, didn't you?"
coconspirator

Post by coconspirator »

Those ASPCA commercials with Sarah McLachlan. Every time.
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata can still get me now and then.
Last edited by coconspirator on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
coconspirator

Post by coconspirator »

charmisokay wrote:Cutting onions.
Damn them all.
Protip: Cold onions, sharp knife :D
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

The guitar solos for:
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Eruption by Van Halen didn't make me cry but I feel like posting it because it's badass.
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper
pauper

Post by pauper »

Never had to cry from any game/song/movie, altough the movie ' A river runs through it' came very close to it..
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Making you cry, "nuclear option:"

Post by Guest »

Robnonymous wrote:The most explicit amount of tears I can recall shedding over a piece of media is at the end of The Green Mile. When John Coffey is about to be electrocuted and they go to put the hood on him. "I'm scared of the dark." It was all I could do to keep from bawling my eyes out at that point.
Goddamn this. The book is fucking amazing too, definitely one of King's best.

VN-wise, Saya Tokido's route in Little Busters Ecstasy. Spoilers for those in the know about LB and the universe it's set in ... by the way, read this while listening to this song: She has to kill off her avatar in the dream world by shooting herself in the head just so Riki, the main character, has a chance of surviving outside of the dream world. This is all while knowing that while it's for his own good, she'll never see him again - the only friend she's ever had, not to mention the only person she's ever loved who wasn't her father. Add this to the fact that it's unknown whether her body in the real world lived or died from a natural disaster, so you don't know if she lives or not aside from a very ambigious scene with her dad at the end from "Saya's" PoV - said scene has Saya using very simplistic language, as if she's gone back in time to relive her life, but it's never explained fully what went on. Oh KEY, you're so fucking depressing.

I didn't really cry at KS - I teared up at a part in Lilly's route where Hisao finally spots her at the airport and is running after her, but that was it. Then again I've not played Rin's route yet, so there could be a chance to get tears from me.

One Piece, and of all bloody things, crying over the "death" of a damned boat.
A somewhat educated guest

Post by A somewhat educated guest »

To the Moon made me cry, a lot. The Witcher as well. The second one not so much, though I don't really know why. Baldur's gate 2, while romancing Jaheira, did.

Most Hayao Miyazaki movies do. The man and Studio Ghibli know their stuff.

as for books, most Frank Herbert novels did, at some point. White plague did. Dosadi did. God Emperor of Dune definitely did... on that note, Hisao on Lilly's route advise Hanako against continuing this particular series. Bad, bad writers, How dare you keep Hanako from such gems :< .

Aside from that, not much. I'm don't feel sadness very well, almost never to the point of shedding tears. It's always, for lack of a better word, dampened. But that's a personnal problem.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Kana's "today, I saw the ocean. I'm not afraid anymore."
That one a lot, actually. Was sad for two weeks straight.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
mimo23

Post by mimo23 »

Anime Madoka Magica made me cry hard. And after watching it I've spent the next week in deep depression (I finished last episode just in Sunday's morning). Even my work couldn't distract me from the depressing thoughts. Although now I'm fine, music therefrom partially returns those emotions back. Also this is the reason I won't download and listen to KS soundtrack. Yes it's beautiful and fine, but it already has associations and links with my memory.
Also the music that made my eyes wet:
1. "Attack and fall" from Philip's Glass opera "Akhnaten".
2. Simon & Garfunkel - I'm a rock. Sad song about solitude.

--
Sorry for my English.
Robnonymous

Post by Robnonymous »

A somewhat educated guest wrote:Most Hayao Miyazaki movies do. The man and Studio Ghibli know their stuff.
YES. The end of Pom Poko. Every. Goddamn. Time.
Bad Dreams (Hanako) - My first KS fanfic. it's actually a happy story
Reconciliation - (a Hanako bad-end story) - My second KS fanfic. Not all that happy.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

I don't often cry. While Katawa Shoujo was an excellent VN, it certainly didn't make me cry.

I've only ever cried once due to a movie, game, book or visual Novel one time. The Normal ending in the visual novel Kira☆Kira.I was sniffling all the way through it and I finally broke down during the last segment. I'm actually getting a little teary eyed thinking about it.
Macchiato Joe

Post by Macchiato Joe »

NARCISSU
Just. Damn. Narcissu.
"Nigga she a tea." - Macchiato Joe on Lilly