Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

alien.marksman

Re: Katawa Shoujo Pendant

Post by alien.marksman »

That's good to know. Thanks!
For Queen and Country
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

alien.marksman wrote:That's good to know. Thanks!
No problem! If you could, hit that rate button if you like the pendant. :)
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Will do when it arrives.
For Queen and Country
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Wow, Shapeway has got some amazingly nice stuff! Apart from this awesome KS heart, which is very nice! I will have to try and hold myself back...

Post by Guest »

I just put in my order for the stainless steel version. Should be here by the 1st of next month.. Definitely looking forward to it.
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Does anyone have a clue on the quality, detail and 'amount of refinement' on the stainless steel / silver versions of their shapes? I'm thinking of ordering a few items that have some sort of meaning in my life, the KS heart being one of them (ok, I'm still under the influence, but still, it's a nice symbol). But before I would do that, I would like to know if the metal versions are 'jewellery quality' or that they are somewhat 'rough around the edges', so to speak.
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Swoopie wrote:Does anyone have a clue on the quality, detail and 'amount of refinement' on the stainless steel / silver versions of their shapes? I'm thinking of ordering a few items that have some sort of meaning in my life, the KS heart being one of them (ok, I'm still under the influence, but still, it's a nice symbol). But before I would do that, I would like to know if the metal versions are 'jewellery quality' or that they are somewhat 'rough around the edges', so to speak.
I can say that silver has a finish that looks like this: (check the material samples pictures) http://www.shapeways.com/materials/silver

Steel will come out in a similar fashion as this: http://www.shapeways.com/model/341067/_ ... id=sg24776

Sadly, I've never purchased anything in these materials (what with my being poor and tax season is upon us), but I hear a lot of people really enjoying some rings they purchased in them.
Misery

Post by Misery »

Swoopie wrote:Does anyone have a clue on the quality, detail and 'amount of refinement' on the stainless steel / silver versions of their shapes? I'm thinking of ordering a few items that have some sort of meaning in my life, the KS heart being one of them (ok, I'm still under the influence, but still, it's a nice symbol). But before I would do that, I would like to know if the metal versions are 'jewellery quality' or that they are somewhat 'rough around the edges', so to speak.
I just noticed that I posted my previous comment as Guest by accident..

Just to reiterate; I ordered the necklace in the stainless steel, will arrive before the end of the month. I will post pics and give a quick overview of it as soon as it arrives if people would find that helpful.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Misery wrote: I ordered the necklace in the stainless steel, will arrive before the end of the month. I will post pics and give a quick overview of it as soon as it arrives if people would find that helpful.
Ordered it in Stainless Steel also.
Hopefully I'll have it by the end of Feb, but who knows.
For Queen and Country
Misery

Post by Misery »

alien.marksman wrote:
Misery wrote: I ordered the necklace in the stainless steel, will arrive before the end of the month. I will post pics and give a quick overview of it as soon as it arrives if people would find that helpful.
Ordered it in Stainless Steel also.
Hopefully I'll have it by the end of Feb, but who knows.
Takes a while to get it out to us Aussies, huh? Lol.
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

Thanks for the response, I did find the various examples on their website but yes, being it their own website, I'm kinda looking for 'unbiased' opinions :wink:
Looking forward to you guys receiving it! Happily browsing the shapeway website in the mean time :roll:
The_Martyr

Post by The_Martyr »

Just because I'm new to the world of 3D printing... Ordering this means your ordering the pendant itself, NOT the schematics or whatever to print it in a 3D printer yourself, correct? I'm extremely interested in one of these.
Swoopie

Post by Swoopie »

The_Martyr wrote:Just because I'm new to the world of 3D printing... Ordering this means your ordering the pendant itself, NOT the schematics or whatever to print it in a 3D printer yourself, correct? I'm extremely interested in one of these.
You actually receive the manufactured pendant, take a look at this post on the previous page:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t= ... =15#p80456

You can order it in different materials as well (even silver, but is pretty expensive).
ayamedeude

Post by ayamedeude »

Personally, I wouldn't buy it in silver (glorious glorious silver) as it is pretty wildly expensive but, as I see people saying on the shapeways forums, jewelry type things come out beautifully. Maybe, if I ever get the cash, I'll look into getting one of the portal turret rings in silver...or maybe one of my pokeball rings lol.
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

Just wondering - has anyone received one of these pendants in metal, yet? Very curious to see what they'd look like.
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."