Where is the Tsundere?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Koda89

Re: Where is the Tsundere?

Post by Koda89 »

Pl4t0 wrote:The whole point of these characters is that they take stereotypes and break them over their knees (Emi has knees right? Yeah) like twigs.

Shizune may have been easily pegged as a Tsundere, but she ended up being much more than that.

Same for the other girls - not one of them is as simple as things seem, and this is a large part of the brilliance of KS. Having even one character fulfill the role of Tsundere (or any "role", for that matter) would have severely detracted from the entire experience.
You are right for the most part, but Lilly does play the Yamato Nadeshiko trope pretty straight.

But all of the others pretty much just look their trope, but in fact are deconstructions of their tropes.
M-ty

Post by M-ty »

Just wondering, didn't anyone bring up/realize that Shizune is an Alpha female?
http://www.askmen.com/dating/heidi_100/ ... _girl.html

She has all the characteristics down pat. Hisao had better step up his game if he wants to be her partner in equal instead of toy boy.
Pomegranate

Post by Pomegranate »

dunkelfalke wrote:
themocaw wrote:Tsundere is a stereotypical anime girl personality type usually played by Kugimiya Rie. They are always short, wear short skirts and long stockings, and act like bitches unless they're being over the top cuddly. They aren't doing this because they like you or anything, either.
Not always. There is one tsundere that dresses in long gowns and is actually very likable, if you know the backstory and everything she had to go through.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/ ... NEMIKA.jpg
That VN was the one that solidified my hatred for tsundere characters.

I can't stand the idea that guys play VNs or watch anime and think this tsundere person is someone to strive for. I have a friend who, when he had 2-3 very sweet girls liking him, instead constantly pursued the girl that put him down and rejected him over and over because he was a fan of tsundere types. Except she never got to the 'dere' part. It's kind of like when guys say they want shy girls because they think shy girls irl are like shy girls in anime, lol.

So yeah in conclusion quite happy there's no girl that qualifies as that. :3
crystal

Post by crystal »

I hate tsundere's, happy that this game didn't go the cliche'd route in that respect.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Pomegranate wrote:That VN was the one that solidified my hatred for tsundere characters.
Guess it is a YMMV-thing. I found that one to be the only one that was bearable.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me