New guy (first timer)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

leechmaster

New guy (first timer)

Post by leechmaster »

hmm it seems im not the only first time poster. i picked up the game on a whim a week ago. didn't really know much about it. the first night i started on it i went 5 hours straight it was 4 am and i could barely read anymore and yet i found myself not wanting to stop. i have never played anything like this before and yet i feel somehow i wont find something as good as this. my first play through was my favorite. i ended up with lily i only have rin left now and i still find myself thinking of lily, i have never played something that sucked me in so much and made me actually feel like i was a part of what was happening.

anyways i had to join up as i felt i needed to say thank you to the team that put this together, and its nice to see im not the only person that seems to have found more than a source of fun to kill time. i find i am craving more every day and bummed out im almost done everything.

also just wanted to say i find lily my favorite by far for some reason she really appealed to me, i find myself wishing i would find someone just like her some day :)
Valtameri

Re: New guy (first timer)

Post by Valtameri »

leechmaster wrote:hmm it seems im not the only first time poster. i picked up the game on a whim a week ago. didn't really know much about it. the first night i started on it i went 5 hours straight it was 4 am and i could barely read anymore and yet i found myself not wanting to stop. i have never played anything like this before and yet i feel somehow i wont find something as good as this. my first play through was my favorite. i ended up with lily i only have rin left now and i still find myself thinking of lily, i have never played something that sucked me in so much and made me actually feel like i was a part of what was happening.

anyways i had to join up as i felt i needed to say thank you to the team that put this together, and its nice to see im not the only person that seems to have found more than a source of fun to kill time. i find i am craving more every day and bummed out im almost done everything.

also just wanted to say i find lily my favorite by far for some reason she really appealed to me, i find myself wishing i would find someone just like her some day :)
Know the feeling bro, know the feeling... Welcome to the forums!
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
KaneTaker

Post by KaneTaker »

First time through, I got to the point of picking Lilly or Hanako (obvious choice is OBVIOUS). I REALLY agonized over it. Ended up with Lilly. In reality, I STILL could have gone either way. Definitely married a "Lilly", though. ;)
leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

the real sha,e about this is i want to tell my buddies to get it because its so amazing but all my buddies are really not into stuff like this, dare i say id get mocked for playing something like this. atleast there is a forum full of people who know what i mean
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

leechmaster wrote:the real sha,e about this is i want to tell my buddies to get it because its so amazing but all my buddies are really not into stuff like this, dare i say id get mocked for playing something like this. atleast there is a forum full of people who know what i mean
Don't be fooled, those that mock you over it are the ones most likely to want to see it.

If it bothers them that much, tell them to turn off the adult images.
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

zomgbbq wrote:
leechmaster wrote:the real sha,e about this is i want to tell my buddies to get it because its so amazing but all my buddies are really not into stuff like this, dare i say id get mocked for playing something like this. atleast there is a forum full of people who know what i mean
Don't be fooled, those that mock you over it are the ones most likely to want to see it.

oh its not about that lol, me and my buddies arnt really the anime type more the ufc, bars and clubs kinda people. some people are to closed minded. so this shall remain my own personal amusement.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

leechmaster wrote:
zomgbbq wrote:

oh its not about that lol, me and my buddies arnt really the anime type more the ufc, bars and clubs kinda people. some people are to closed minded. so this shall remain my own personal amusement.
Hey, you never know, one or two might like it :)

I know someone who's quite an emotionally detached person who's into UFC, likes gaming a lot and he's just started playing it through. I didn't think I'd ever get him to try it!
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

you may be right. blah im almost done rin's path kinda bumms me out i will have done everyones after her. looks like i may need to do some replays
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

leechmaster wrote:you may be right. blah im almost done rin's path kinda bumms me out i will have done everyones after her. looks like i may need to do some replays
I picked up a lot of dialogue and explanations that I didn't on the first play through. It's one of those VN's that is not just a one off play through, even with how painful it is to watch sometimes :(