Sheet Music (Air Guitar)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

yuastnav

Sheet Music (Air Guitar)

Post by yuastnav »

Hi,

I liked the experience very much and found it to be quite emotional.
Since I am not a gifted artist or an artist of any sort I decided that there is no way for me to give something back either to the community or the developers so the only thing that I would be able to do is to tab out the only guitar piece in this game. Unfortunately I am not very good at this so the tab is severely lacking quality - it is complete, though.
I was actually intending to record this but was unable to because, quite frankly, the piece is more difficult than it looks like, at least for me.
The patterns are, how shall I say this - quite unusual for a guitar piece, at least in my humble opinion. ;)
I provide the music in .gpx format (which is used by Guitar Pro 6), .gp5, .pdf and .midi.
If the developers or the musicians in question do not want that I will take it down immediately but for the time being and for anyone who is interested in playing, here are the files:

air guitar

I am quite busy in the moment so I will have only little time to try and learn this so a recording may come much, much later.
And for anyone who loved Lilly's path as much as I did:
http://www.viola-in-music.com/free_clas ... nload.html
Especially this.
From what I see the viola part can be very easily played on the guitar and anyone familiar with sheet music should have no problems playing it.

Please feel free to correct any mistakes.
"[...] it's just a ride."
blowfish

Re: Sheet Music (Air Guitar)

Post by blowfish »

This is a great tab you wrote out, how did you do it might i ask?

I've been looking around for guitar tabs for the music in this game which i love, and so far one I found was http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/katawa-s ... b-s83209t0 which is for the same song. It sounds a bit different from yours, but I think yours sounds more true to the original. Thanks for the tab!
yuastnav

Re: Sheet Music (Air Guitar)

Post by yuastnav »

Hi, really glad that you liked it!
I actually used Transcribe! by Seventh String Software, it is really a great tool that helps you immensely because there are a couple of neat little tricks you can use to make the work easier.
You might want to use this tab.
A fellow on IRC, sagehero, actually took the tab and rearranged it for two guitars because it is easier to play this way, he also wrote a proper ending (since most KS music is intended to be played looped) - this rearrangement is really great, go check it out! :)
"[...] it's just a ride."