Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Xanatos »

twoleafclover wrote:Anyway - was I the only person who paid attention to Rin's paintings? I hate to read too much into these things...
Rin's paintings lack meaning to her but as with any art (painting, music, writing, etcetera), any who partake may find their own meaning. Personally, my view of paintings is very simplistic (though interpreting symbolism therein is an occasional hobby): "Is it aesthetically pleasing?" Full stop. Rin's paintings are not. I get no pleasure in seeing them. I find the style ugly. I tried not to pay attention. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
twoleafclover

Post by twoleafclover »

Xanatos wrote:
twoleafclover wrote:Anyway - was I the only person who paid attention to Rin's paintings? I hate to read too much into these things...
Rin's paintings lack meaning to her
Not exactly - Rin does use paint as a form of communication. So that implies that there's something to communicate. That needn't mean that her paintings are stuffed with deep and meaningful thoughts, full of lofty ideas - that seems unlikely, considering what Rin's like, I doubt she cares - but it'll likely contain some kind of train of thought or bring out some kind of emotion inside of her (or several thoughts or emotions), even if it's as mundane as how she felt about what she ate for breakfast. In the case of her mural, for instance, she says herself it really wasn't anything particularly poignant, or anything at all - I find it funny she describes it as 'butterfly vomit', as Rin's often compared to a butterfly herself.

I might replay some scenes and make screenshots, when I have the time.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

twoleafclover wrote:she says herself it really wasn't anything particularly poignant, or anything at all
So...Rin's painting lacked meaning to her? Imagine that. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I don't know. Seeing the way she is, she probably doesn't know herself all that well.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:I don't know. Seeing the way she is, she probably doesn't know herself all that well.
Moreso than anyone else, I'd imagine. The way she is doesn't really suggest any difficulty knowing herself. Her issue is everyone else fails to get her.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:I don't know. Seeing the way she is, she probably doesn't know herself all that well.
Moreso than anyone else, I'd imagine. The way she is doesn't really suggest any difficulty knowing herself. Her issue is everyone else fails to get her.
I wonder how good Rin is with the written word, since we know her words fly over the heads of so many people.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I wonder how good Rin is with the written word, since we know her words fly over the heads of so many people.
I like to imagine that after writing anything, she folds it into a paper airplane and literally flies it over their heads...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Good point. A cookie to you.

Rin folding a paper plane sounds more awesome than Lily doing the paper crane...

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Good point. A cookie to you.
Rin folding a paper plane sounds more awesome than Lily doing the paper crane...
It would be. :lol:

Fun fact: I have 2582 paper cranes stored in my current residence.

I think Rin would be fine with the written word. Like sign language, it gives a lot more time to work out what needs saying.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:

I think Rin would be fine with the written word. Like sign language, it gives a lot more time to work out what needs saying.
Makes you wonder what would happen if Shizune and Rin got trapped in a bookstore during an earthquake and had to spend some time together.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Makes you wonder what would happen if Shizune and Rin got trapped in a bookstore during an earthquake and had to spend some time together.
Shizune would find Rin irritating, I think. Or they'd try to play some sort of game and Rin would confuse the hell out of her by improvising new rules and shit. :lol: Plus Shizune doesn't like writing to speak, so...
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Well, Shizune couldn't have known that Rin's command of the spoken word is less than stellar.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

YZQ wrote:Well, Shizune couldn't have known that Rin's command of the spoken word is less than stellar.
That's why she'd be irritated. Shizune doesn't strike me as terribly patient. :lol:
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
YZQ wrote:Well, Shizune couldn't have known that Rin's command of the spoken word is less than stellar.
That's why she'd be irritated. Shizune doesn't strike me as terribly patient. :lol:
Polar opposite to Lily. But, putting Rin's words through the translator that is Misha, she'll probably have a "WTF" expression half the time.

But yeah, Rin's path will be my last playthrough to at least have a full story with each girl. Still on Shizune's, but WoW calls out to me...

Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Rins path...Hmm...Alright. I'm not going to backtrack, i'm not going to edit, i'm not going to do any of that. I have no idea what I'm about to say, i'm just going to type it out as I go, which in...shit. In the grand...scheme of things, seems right for this character, and her arc. Rins story ended in a completely different way than what I thought it was going to be when i started. I had just come from Shizune's route, and came from such a logical chracter that reminded me alot about people I know, to a character who was just out there, and reminded me alot about some of the stuff that I do. Alot of things in this game teach change, and how to overcome obsticals, or to better yourself. While in Rins, you learn something different entirely...At least I think so. Rin taught me to love myself. And to continue being me. Her story told me that it was okay to be who you are, and if people...okay most...okay if almost nobody likes you, thats just something that happens in life. I spent my entire time playing through hoping to learn more about her. Not to understand her (I sort of already did to tell the truth), but to see if she finally obtains clarity and happiness. She struggled with a passion for all of the wrong reasons at times it seemed, but in other times, it seemed like it was a right reason too. She became obsessive over it, and even let it damage her. The way that the author really beat her down like that, and showed us that degredation really tugged on some strings. I remember sitting at the edge of my seat...its raining outside. I can hear the pitter patter of the storm on the roof of the place im renting. Other than that, quiet. Me and the story. It's closer now to ten AM. I started reading at midnight, only intending to spend an hour...Balls to sleep. Who needs it anyway. I remember hoping...No, yearning that she would somehow pick herself up. I didn't -want- Hisao to pick her up and be a big hero, because it was desperately important for me to see that its possible to save yourself when you really need it. Yeah. I guess thats what Im trying to say. The ending. The good ending, whether people consider it the true ending or not, will always be the true one for me. It shows hope. It shows understanding. It shows love, in the truest of ways that two confused human beings who are completely new to the emotion can show it. Rin accepted who she was, and for the first time? I think she was truelly happy. I'm going to remember that lesson myself, and between work, i'm going to try to -do- -something- myself. I'm going to do something important. Not for other people. Not for the betterment of anything. And maybe not even important in general terms. But for me. I'm going to do that for me, and in that way, I think that I can honor that story, and the lessons that we can pull from it. I guess thats it. Theres other stuff too, but I dont...Know. What to type. So. Im. Ending. This...Here. And stuff.