Epilogue?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xfraze

Epilogue?

Post by Xfraze »

I realize that 4LS has no plans to make anything else together, but has the idea of short epilogues been considered from each of the writers for the various routes? The endings for the different routes were really good, but I'm the type of person who has the burning desire to know what happens to characters after the main story ends.

I recognize this could seem a little ungrateful, you guys have spent basically half a decade on this and for someone to come in say "that's good and all, but..." (much like Shizune and the festival situation), but I'm pretty shameless.

Fanfiction is great and all, but it doesn't feel real to me unless the original authors of a work are the ones who say what happens next.

I'm not looking for a concrete answer on this, I wouldn't presume to hold you guys to anything, I'm just wondering if it is something that has even been considered.

Re: Epilogue?

Post by Guest »

Second. I would love something like this (and was surprised that there wasn't something like it after the route was over)
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

It would be nice if at least some continued working together and make another project. It could be unrelated or a KS2. Re-use the background with new cast (including protagonist) and original KS characters could be used as background characters and make minor cameos...

But that is ask for too much :roll:
Xfraze

Post by Xfraze »

Haha, I wasn't going for a full blown game, more like little short stories. I don't need images or anything like that. If some of the artists want to make new CG to go with the short stories, I'm all for that though....

What I had in mind is a lot like the web novels liarsoft releases for some of their game (i.e http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/webnovel/)
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

Xfraze wrote:Haha, I wasn't going for a full blown game, more like little short stories. I don't need images or anything like that. If some of the artists want to make new CG to go with the short stories, I'm all for that though....

What I had in mind is a lot like the web novels liarsoft releases for some of their game (i.e http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/webnovel/)
How about Katawa Shoujo: The Light Novel? :D

DIGITAL LIGHT NOVEL!!!

Post by Guest »

yea, i was hoping for a sequel like After Story for CLANNAD, that would take a lot of work im sure, but be amazing
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Refer to the Game FAQ. Basically, it isn't happening, sorry.
Xfraze

Post by Xfraze »

Suriko wrote:Refer to the Game FAQ. Basically, it isn't happening, sorry.
Ah, no idea how I missed something so basic. I apologize.