How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ChaoticGrowth

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by ChaoticGrowth »

I was introduced to Katawa Shoujo last year. My cousin had been reading VN's for a while, and I became interested in the medium, so I asked him for some recommendations. He told me about Katawa Shoujo; I was immediately hooked. Since then, I have read other VN's, primarily on his recommendation, but even so, I have continued to hold Katawa Shoujo in high esteem, despite the fact that only the first act has been released. As such, I am extremely excited for the full release. I applaud the devs on their accomplishments, and I thank them for putting such hard work into this endeavor.
AtelierPhaaze

Post by AtelierPhaaze »

How did I find myself here?

That is a very good question.

Actually, it might have been during one of my reads through TvTropes that got me here.

That's the most likely scenario I think. Nothing else I can think of really makes any sense.

Actually, it might have been an article on Kotaku that led me here.

That would also have been at least a year ago, never bothered joining the forums till now... not sure why.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Leotrak wrote:By the way... Am I the only one here who got here through that rant on the MT site?
Nope. I found out about KS from the same source also.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
chaosherrera

Post by chaosherrera »

I remember reading about it one year and late last year I remembered it so I came here registered looking to get a interview with some of the people on hand for the project, instead of that I just downloaded the demo and streamed it for some of my viewers..Needless to say they were fighting over each girl and some are waiting for the full release.
RedSavant

Post by RedSavant »

I was redirected here from a link in someone's sig on the TVTropes forum. I checked it out a while ago, but only downloaded the demo recently. Now I'm desperately awaiting release - just glad I didn't get in until the year it's scheduled to come out. =)
checkerthinker

Post by checkerthinker »

once upon a browsing of Tvtropes I found the tropes page for Katawa Shoujo, downloaded the game, and after a year or so got the urge to post something on a thread, so now I'm here.....a product of wandering tvtropes......
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

checkerthinker wrote:...a product of wandering tvtropes......
TVTropes is a black hole that will destroy all your free time… because you find out about cool stuff like Katawa Shoujo there.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

In my case I was looking for Online Dating Sims and VNs and I happened to fins this one on cnet. I followed the link and ended up on this site. The rest is History.

Now I am on a general romantic Anime bing. Anything that makes a Proud Straight Man finally check out Ouran High School Host Club is something else (actually it was an abandonned Crossover fic in the fourms but what the hell)
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Some Random Neckbeard

Post by Some Random Neckbeard »

I heard about this VN from a thread on the /tg/ boards of 4chan. Despite what I possibly imagined for this game, I found it to be rather enjoyable. I'm a fan of the characters (Hanako being one of my favorites, its always the quiet ones...) and tip my hat to 4LS.
Verett

Post by Verett »

Found it on TVTropes once. Not sure how.
MissingUsername

Post by MissingUsername »

Demotivational.
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

same as above. I came here from a comment on demotivational. it took me forever to find the picture but here it is
http://verydemotivational.memebase.com/ ... metimes-5/

And after 3 days of little sleep, I am now waiting for Katawa-Shoujo, Mass Effect 3, Portal 2, and LA Noir to come out this year... and I wouldn't spend my time any other way :D
Theres always a work around ;)
Blueberry

Post by Blueberry »

Downloaded the demo from Fakku. I've been checking the Mishimmie and the forums everyday since then. Yeppers.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

outbackshaq wrote:same as above. I came here from a comment on demotivational. it took me forever to find the picture but here it is
http://verydemotivational.memebase.com/ ... metimes-5/
You do realize that that picture is fake, though, do you?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
MissingUsername

Post by MissingUsername »

When I saw demotivational, I got intrigued, so I shuffled through the comments for the title of the game. Then I downloaded it, played for awhile and eventually found the forums and lurked. Then I found out through the Bloopers thread that the picture was fake and felt a little embarassed. I don't regret trying the game out, though, because now I'm hooked. I really wish I'd found out about it sooner.