How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Xanatos »

Sea wrote:
Xanatos wrote: I actually found myself here through Wikipedia...
How did that work?
I was looking for fap material with a decent story holding it together. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Xanatos wrote:
Sea wrote:
Xanatos wrote: I actually found myself here through Wikipedia...
How did that work?
I was looking for fap material with a decent story holding it together. :lol:
Quite a few VNs are like that.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Steinherz wrote:Quite a few VNs are like that.
I have since learned that. :P I came across a few of them too but I couldn't pass up a game based around cripples. I mean, when will that ever happen again? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Xanatos wrote: I have since learned that. :P I came across a few of them too but I couldn't pass up a game based around cripples. I mean, when will that ever happen again? :lol:
When KS 3 gets released, of course.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
Umber

Post by Umber »

Xanatos wrote: I have since learned that. :P I came across a few of them too but I couldn't pass up a game based around cripples. I mean, when will that ever happen again? :lol:
In the crushed hopes and dreams of many past KDS sufferers wishing for a sequel to Katawa Shou-

Oh, you mean in reality? Never. Hah.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Kichijoji

Post by Kichijoji »

Crawford wrote:Was browsing youtube when I found a video entitled, well that doesn't matter. Anywho, one of the comments was something like...Katawa Shoujo should be number 1.
I was like....WTF is Katawa Shoujo? To be honest I thought it was some sort of anime book filled to the brim with H-scenes, as I soon found out it was everything but that. I would now akin it to a video-novel which tears you apart emotionally, and then reconstructs you.

Started watching a "Silent" walkthrough which was of Emi, saw Hanako and immediately changed to her. No regrets. Unfortunately I spent the entire night watching the entire walkthrough (even though I had an Exam at 9:15 the next morning) cried at the end, quite a bit. Came home after my exam next morning shattered after having no sleep. DL'ed the game and played Hanakos route a further 2 times. Went into a state of depression missing the story of mai waifu, found these forums and found Sisterhood, read it through, loved it, loved the forums, loved the community and I decided to try and become a part of it.
This was very close to my own experience. I came across it on youtube awhile ago, but just never bothered with it. I'm not really an anime fan, except for Bebop. And don't have much VN experience, except for "Phantom of Inferno" (which I loved)
Well, I was bored last week and decided to try it out, and picked the Hanako arc before i knew what any of them were about. I kinda cheated by looking for a walkthrough but basically just liked the name.
I'm not the emotional type at all, but going through this I was wreck, I felt like a sobbing little kid. I just had to see Hanako find happiness! It wasn't that I could really relate to her, or knew anyone like her. But, her whole persona really struck me hard. Kudo's to 4 Leaf for doing such an amazing job on the dialogue and characters. I also really liked Miki, and hoped she would be more involved in the game choices.
Lately I wanted to look for discussion venues to see if anyone was impacted like me, and obviously there are quite a few:)
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Kichijoji wrote:
Crawford wrote:
This was very close to my own experience. I came across it on youtube awhile ago, but just never bothered with it. I'm not really an anime fan, except for Bebop. And don't have much VN experience, except for "Phantom of Inferno" (which I loved)
Well, I was bored last week and decided to try it out, and picked the Hanako arc before i knew what any of them were about. I kinda cheated by looking for a walkthrough but basically just liked the name.
I'm not the emotional type at all, but going through this I was wreck, I felt like a sobbing little kid. I just had to see Hanako find happiness! It wasn't that I could really relate to her, or knew anyone like her. But, her whole persona really struck me hard. Kudo's to 4 Leaf for doing such an amazing job on the dialogue and characters. I also really liked Miki, and hoped she would be more involved in the game choices.
Lately I wanted to look for discussion venues to see if anyone was impacted like me, and obviously there are quite a few:)
Hanabro's represent! Welcome to the board my friend.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

I really should get my lazy butt going and commission someone on deviantart for that Hanako WoW DK piece. But, no Paypal makes me a sad man.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Xanatos wrote: I was looking for fap material with a decent story holding it together. :lol:
Well, that reminded me of my first VN (Monster Girl Quest, erm...the story was kinda interesting, the fap material was...let's say overwhelming :mrgreen: ), KS is my second VN and I already have in mind some more VN's that I'm going to play.
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Firewind wrote:
Xanatos wrote: I was looking for fap material with a decent story holding it together. :lol:
Well, that reminded me of my first VN (Monster Girl Quest, erm...the story was kinda interesting, the fap material was...let's say overwhelming :mrgreen: ), KS is my second VN and I already have in mind some more VN's that I'm going to play.
Monster Girl Quest is awesome. Especially when you "touch fluffy tail" :lol:
I'm personally working on Fate/Stay Night then Tsukihime (maybe MGQ if I can find a download that isn't PiratesBay)
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Steinherz wrote: Monster Girl Quest is awesome. Especially when you "touch fluffy tail" :lol:
I'm personally working on Fate/Stay Night then Tsukihime (maybe MGQ if I can find a download that isn't PiratesBay)
Hah, I just knew that the link's going to send me to that song :lol: I played the demo part 3 of the game (by Ilias, that cupid is hot as hell), can't wait for it to be translated. I wish I knew some japanese. :(
I'm curious, why not PirateBay? Is it blocked on your computer or something?
I think I'm going to play Clannad / Fate/stay night next, can't really decide which should I play first :?
Everyone hides who they are at least some of their time. Sometimes you bury that part of yourself so deeply that you have to be reminded it's there at all. And sometimes you just want to forget who you are all together.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Firewind wrote:
Steinherz wrote: Monster Girl Quest is awesome. Especially when you "touch fluffy tail" :lol:
Hah, I just knew that the link's going to send me to that song :lol: I played the demo part 3 of the game (by Ilias, that cupid is hot as hell), can't wait for it to be translated. I wish I knew some japanese. :(
I think I'm going to play Clannad / Fate/stay night next, can't really decide which should I play first :?
Nope, PirateBay doesn't like my computer.... and my anti-virus doesn't like PirateBay.
Clannad if you want feels. Fate/Stay Night if you want awesome
I also draw, kind of.
Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Steinherz wrote:
Firewind wrote:
Nope, PirateBay doesn't like my computer.... and my anti-virus doesn't like PirateBay.
Clannad if you want feels. Fate/Stay Night if you want awesome
I see. How about erogedownload? Does this site work? Also I can upload it on some file hosting site if you want.
I guess I'll go with awesome and play Fate/Stay Night, then the feels. :P
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

- Don't post links to pirated or otherwise illegal software anywhere on this forum.
You people are going too close to this bit of the FAQs, in addition to getting off-topic. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Firewind

Post by Firewind »

Alright, alright. Well let's see, I guess I didn't say how'd I get here, even if I can't remember exactly. I think I've heard about this VN from funnyjunk, the people there saying things like biggest feels ever experienced, aaand they were somehow right :) played the game, thought about visiting the site, and I saw the word "Forum" and *click* :)