A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest22

Hanako's no-scars ending?

Post by Guest22 »

Why doesn't hanako go for reconstruction surgery yet? Have a look at this link:

http://surgery.med.umich.edu/plastic/pa ... burn.shtml

and

http://www.facemakernyc.com/services/re ... /burn.html

You know, surgery can do a LOT more than it used to... I think hanako could be out of Yamaku with reconstruction of the face/skin.

How about that? as a completion of the Hanako route, you help her get reconstructive surgery to improve her face/affected areas, graduate and live happily ever after.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Hanako's no-scars ending?

Post by Aura »

Because it would invalidate about half of the entire character (dohohoho). {insert in-plot reason here}
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Impressive. But I see Hanako's burn scars are more severe then these. Maybe she had no insurance and cannot afford the operation?
Or maybe (screw the insurance thing) this thing simply costs way too much for Hanako to afford. I kinda doubt this thing is refundable by country government or whatever.

Is this a better explanation then Aura's?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I addressed this one already, here. Notice how your links make practically no mention whatsoever of cold hard cash and recovery times.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Aura wrote:Because it would invalidate about half of the entire character (dohohoho).
This? Seems like it would go a tad against the spirit of KS for the route to end with Hanako being "fixed", rather than just growing to deal with/accept her burns and Hisao accepting her with them.

(That would more be why it shouldn't happen at the end; as for why it shouldn't happen at all, silentcook's got that covered)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

oh, right. recovery times. for Hanako, even if she could possibly afford this, which is unlikely (Her dad died. who knows? maybe he was the only one earning money in the family and the savings were so small, Hanako's mom could only afford sending her to Yamaku before she got a job. Or Hanko lives of some other relative 's money.) the recovery would take ages.
Yup money is the main problem.

Case closed, I believe.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

presumably KS doesnt take place in the present because rin is a thalidomide baby and it was discontinued in 1961
Anon

Post by Anon »

I don't think RAITA or the devs actually searched for plausible causes of Rin's disability. At least not at the begining of the project.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It's actually exactly the opposite.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Anon

Post by Anon »

So it's really thalidomide then? Ano~n
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

RAITA called Rin a thalidomide child. The current canon simply calls it a birth defect and surgery.
Guest22

Post by Guest22 »

Guest Poster wrote:RAITA called Rin a thalidomide child. The current canon simply calls it a birth defect and surgery.
Like what was previously said, thalidomide was used a long time back as a morning sickness. Thal can cause shortening of BOTH arms and legs, or a one pair of limbs, so I agree...

In terms of canon, devs/writers should check the wikipedia page, it says Rin's arms were amputated due to a birth defect, which is wrong IMO... I cannot recall any inherited defects that warrant amputation, mostly injury and infection/gangrene, but not defects.
Guest 22

Post by Guest 22 »

But thanks for clarifying hanako's scars as plot devices... I am never good at using those in writing, science doesn't allow that much :(
Anon

Post by Anon »

My bad, didn't do my homework.

Post by Guest »

How could you not love the scars?
Without them she wouldn't be Hanako.
She would be just another shy anime girl that holds little to no significance.