Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Saucium

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by Saucium »

now I understand why I felt compelled to play the piano again after years of having "quit." Many thanks for the music, kind people! :D
DeteKt

Post by DeteKt »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:I have actually been planning on making a piano arrangement album for some time now, but have been putting it off in lieu of other shit. I can easily write up the music for the tracks I wrote for the game, but for anything by blue or any guest contributers, you'll have to either ask them or write out the sheets yourself. I'll update the this post with sheets as I finish them.
I would kill for the sheet music for 'Cloudland Swing'. I've been listening to it over and over sitting in from of my keyboard trying to make some headway but I'm getting nowhere. :(
DeteKt

Post by DeteKt »

DeteKt wrote:
I would kill for the sheet music for 'Cloudland Swing'. I've been listening to it over and over sitting in from of my keyboard trying to make some headway but I'm getting nowhere. :(
^me, except with an actual account now.
Orange

Post by Orange »

mprasil wrote:Haha no problem. Just REALLY listened to it for the first time. Now I see why you want the sheets for it!! The timing kind of sounds all over the place. Nothing I can't handle, though!
Don't hesitate to simplify it and add a rubato marking (or possibly swing)! I'm sure the vast majority of the people that want to learn this song (including myself) have listened to it more than enough to be able to emulate the artistic liberties in the tempo without needing you to strain yourself over ridiculous rhythms. :mrgreen:
Riku

Post by Riku »

I think I'll leave this here...

saber2th

Post by saber2th »

Riku wrote:I think I'll leave this here...

Can you please share the sheet music?

*edit nvm found it on the 7th page
Check out my Katawa Shoujo cross-over fanarts: http://saber2t.deviantart.com/
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Orange wrote:Don't hesitate to simplify it and add a rubato marking (or possibly swing)! I'm sure the vast majority of the people that want to learn this song (including myself) have listened to it more than enough to be able to emulate the artistic liberties in the tempo without needing you to strain yourself over ridiculous rhythms. :mrgreen:
Bwhaha whoops too late! All kinds of triplets and shit that I already wrote. But whatever you guys'll get the idea! It's not hard.

BTW, I'm going down to the US this weekend, so idk when this sheet will be done. Hopefully Monday!
-My real name is actually Misha.
vureservoir

Post by vureservoir »

I love all of the songs in Katawa Shoujo, but I'm particularly interested in Nocturne =O

I'm curious as to the roots or inspiration for the song; it shares a similar chord progression and even the melody of O Canada! (Canada's national anthem). I'd be ecstatic if it truly was linked in some part to O Canada, but I'd love the song just as much regardless.

All of the songs truly are incredible though... I started playing a few days ago (I'm done all the routes except for Shizune) and recently I've been looping the songs in my head to my daily life as background music... it's kind of awkward when I don't pay attention and start humming it as well...
Josh

Post by Josh »

mprasil,

thank you so much for the work you've done! I can't wait for Cloudland Swing! (it's one of my favorites!)

also, thank you Nicol for the wonderful work you've done...I've listened to this music over and over...it truly is beautiful...one of the reasons I loved Katawa Shoujo so much and was so effected by it emotionally was because of the music...I can honestly say that KS has changed my life for the better, and you've taken part in improving someone's life, so I hope that makes you feel warm inside knowing how many lives you've touch with your amazing abilities...
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

vureservoir wrote:I love all of the songs in Katawa Shoujo, but I'm particularly interested in Nocturne =O

I'm curious as to the roots or inspiration for the song; it shares a similar chord progression and even the melody of O Canada! (Canada's national anthem). I'd be ecstatic if it truly was linked in some part to O Canada, but I'd love the song just as much regardless.
Yeah, I am Canadian. This section of Nocturne is O'Canada; it's just a jazz version of the lines O'Canada / Our home and native land / True patriot love / In all thy son's command.
micechasekittens

Post by micechasekittens »

Has sheet music for 'Cold Iron' been written? As a Chopin and Hanako fan, I am drawn towards a lot of the more somber pieces. I will echo the sentiment that I love the soundtrack and thanks again for everyone transcribing it. ^^ I've already learned a number of pieces and plan to try and learn them all.
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Hey, really enjoyed the music for this, it was a really excellent soundtrack. Recorded moment of decision today since it's one of my favorite songs, probably will record some more but I'm too lazy to go print out music. I just thought it was really surprising that there weren't many uploaded videos yet. This is directly from Nicol's sheet music.

Edit: I printed out parity, played it a few times, going to try to record that when I have some quiet time in the house. Gonna probably do some more after that, not sure what yet.
Last edited by joe_paradise on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
newnar

Post by newnar »

joe_paradise wrote:Hey, really enjoyed the music for this, it was a really excellent soundtrack. Recorded moment of decision today since it's one of my favorite songs, probably will record some more but I'm too lazy to go print out music. I just thought it was really surprising that there weren't many uploaded videos yet. This is directly from Nicol's sheet music.

That was awesome.
vureservoir

Post by vureservoir »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
vureservoir wrote:I love all of the songs in Katawa Shoujo, but I'm particularly interested in Nocturne =O

Yeah, I am Canadian. This section of Nocturne is O'Canada; it's just a jazz version of the lines O'Canada / Our home and native land / True patriot love / In all thy son's command.
Woot! As a fellow Canadian and musician I will take great pride in playing this piece casually at my school when I'm bored... I guess that doesn't sound too exciting, but it also makes me want to start composing again as well =O
guest2

Post by guest2 »

Man I've got a ton of bits and pieces of Three Stars and Cloudland Swing eared out, but I don't have enough theory and experience to get it all. Frustrating!

So yeah I'm definitely waiting on some awesomebro to transcribe em lol.
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper