since you played the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EmP|ty

Re: since you played the game...

Post by EmP|ty »

Nothing really, although it did inspire me to learn the basics of sign language (i.e "Hello, what is your name, are you ok/scared/hurt/ how are you, that kinda stuff), but I had been meaning to do that anyways, it just jumped it ahead of schedule.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

XtC wrote:Aside from helping a cute mute girl in my class (Hanako-like but from the Philippines not Japan) with some transitions in school, nothing really. Though i think i would've helped her anyway :wink:, aside from that i treat disabled people as i would any other person as much as possible, trying to care more or less only extricates them from normality and hurts them more in the long run as i've found out recently :oops: . I would try to get her on here but i don't trust some people on the forums :)
YOU STAY AWAY FROM OUR WOMEN

In regards to help, I've set fire to a few elevators and booby trapped wheelchair ramps, that way the handicapped will be more inclined to using the stairs and feel more like normal people.

/sarcasm
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remove the hippopotamus sitting on your Return key.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Bardock9000

Post by Bardock9000 »

I gave a thumbs up to a Vietnam vet, he tried doing the same then I noticed he didn't have any thumbs.
I felt bad afterwords
Then I assisted the man, and his daughter to fit him in on the bus at one of the spots so he doesn't roll around.
One of those spots that turns from a seat into a handicap place for wheel chairs.
Then he said "Thanks for the hand" in a loud deep voice.

He pointed his left arm at me, then I noticed it was missing a hand.
I shake the man's stub he calls a arm and went to the back of the bus.
"This is me. All of me..."
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

Bardock9000 wrote:I gave a thumbs up to a Vietnam vet, he tried doing the same then I noticed he didn't have any thumbs.
I felt bad afterwords
Then I assisted the man, and his daughter to fit him in on the bus at one of the spots so he doesn't roll around.
One of those spots that turns from a seat into a handicap place for wheel chairs.

If I were you, I would never wash that hand again for fear of losing any awesome that may have rubbed off.
^^^A very bad man^^^
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Bardock9000 wrote:I gave a thumbs up to a Vietnam vet, he tried doing the same then I noticed he didn't have any thumbs.
I felt bad afterwords

Congradulations, you've become a better person.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

My job employs many disabled and blind folks, so holding doors open, guiding them in the break room (or restroom, or parking lot), and generally being courteous to them is a normal thing. Did so before I ever heard of the KS project, and will continue to do so long after I have forgotten.
Imagine me and you...
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Well the only disabled people I've known was in kindergarten so that doesn't count. I've always tried to be an extra hand to people and the game has nothing to do with that. :D
kobe

Post by kobe »

The only thing KS gave me was an interest in Risk and chess.
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

Not exactly... I'm in no real position to step out of my way to "aid" someone who's disabled. It's a fact that I'll be working with those who have complex behavioral problems though! This is coming from a Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse in training.

I don't think I'll ever come across a situation where I'll encounter someone with a physical disability, unless it's some random encounter while I'm out and about in my daily life.

But, I've come to see that most people who play this game, wether or not they know it... Subconciously have an acceptable degree of respect for someone with a physical disability. Maybe even if put in the same situation as Hisao... You would do the same?
GarrettSchwing

Post by GarrettSchwing »

I felt bad afterwords

I think I've heard this somewhere before...