Not just a blind class...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EternalLurker

Re: Not just a blind class...

Post by EternalLurker »

Wait a second, did the OP just suggest that Hisao's class was for hearing-impaired people?

Why has Hisao's name not come up in the counter-examples to this?

Seriously?
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Deimos wrote: I have a sort of related question to the topic of tutoring methods in Yamaku. I know Shizune has Misha as an interpreter but considering her nature I wonder why she does not bother to learn lip-reading as it would help her with studying far better than to rely on another person. (RAITA's picture comes to mind). Even considering the imperative of Hisao having to learn sign language - I find it odd that she is limiting herself to only that form of communication (unless it turns out in her route that she has been learning lip-reading parallel to Hisao learning sign for each other's sake :) ).
I was kinda curious about that myself
fkas

Post by fkas »

I noticed that, in one scene, it is mentioned that 3-2 and 3-3 are right next to each other. We know 3-2 is Lilly's class, but when she says her class, 3-2, is right down the wing, she is on the second floor. So is there some continuity error there, or am I just being stupid assuming that "right down the wing" strictly means "down the hall on the same floor"?
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Deimos wrote: I have a sort of related question to the topic of tutoring methods in Yamaku. I know Shizune has Misha as an interpreter but considering her nature I wonder why she does not bother to learn lip-reading as it would help her with studying far better than to rely on another person. (RAITA's picture comes to mind). Even considering the imperative of Hisao having to learn sign language - I find it odd that she is limiting herself to only that form of communication (unless it turns out in her route that she has been learning lip-reading parallel to Hisao learning sign for each other's sake :) ).
You will find THIS thread enlightening. I recall you registered long after this one got buried, but this might just answer your question.
Imagine me and you...
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

Vertical wrote:You will find THIS thread enlightening. I recall you registered long after this one got buried, but this might just answer your question.
tl;dr: The deaf class is probably a bunch of dicks. :D

Seriously though, I already thought that being deaf was the hardest disability to have but that thread seems to confirm it for me.

It's great to have input from people who experience the same things as the characters, but it's important not to generalize too much and assume that the thoughts of one deaf person represents everyone, and I think that was said in that thread as well. Shizune is not Stalk.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha