any like minded indivuiduals?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DuaneMoody

Re: any like minded indivuiduals?

Post by DuaneMoody »

What he said. I'd cite examples from the game, but then I'd have to spoiler tag them. Each route tells you something about the character you follow that you otherwise wouldn't know.

Post by Guest »

All you people are forgetting an important factor: Unlike some other visual novels, the h-scenes aren't just gonna be tacked on for fanservice, they'll be an important plot point and an event with weight on the story. Or at least that's the impression I got from a few IRC discussions with the devs I happened to witness.

It seems odd to me that most of you are so quick to dismiss the sex as something secondary and universally unnecessary in any VN. I haven't seen this happen much in any VN, but the inclusion of such an expression of intimacy can do a lot to connect you to the characters.

Sorry if this post is a bit incomprehensible, but English isn't my main language and my ideas tend to come out kind of jumbled. :wink:
Jyo_ni

Post by Jyo_ni »

Your english is great, easy to read and is structured far better than some people I know whose first language is english. So keep it up :D
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

tbh, even though it is going to have h-scenes and whatnot, I could care less.

I have a friend who says he will skip them blahblah he doesn't like h-scenes, I myself am neutral on them, I mean, as long as the writers don't fuck it up and make it like the Fate/Stay Night h-scene threesome with Rin, Saber and Shirou in the first route, I mean that was so crappy I was laughing through it.

tbh, from what i've seen so far, they won't go far wrong.
Im'a play the way it was intended, h-scenes and all.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

cpl_crud wrote:To be honest, I find threads like this insulting.
"Hey! You guys write well! But I'm going to be skipping the sex scenes!"
It makes me a little angry.
It's as if you are saying as soon as the pants come off we throw away our talent and start writing "Unnnhghhgnh ahhh".

We have already written our drafts, and yes, there are sex scenes in them. But we're talking perhaps 5% of the game, if that. They are all now an intergral part of the story.
I think you are jumping to conclusions about why some people aren't going to be watching the h-scenes. Some people just don't want to see someone else having sex (real or imaginary) for any number of reasons. I think it's just as simple as that.
cpl_crud wrote:Most novels for adults contain sex, sometimes more than KS does. And sometimes it's even more graphic. This is a bit of a stretch, but if you're going to compare us to VNs, then I'd like you to also compare us to other non-visual novels.
I would say that is a stretch. You can't compare different mediums against each other without problems. Comparing books against movies, videogames against graphic novels. Even comparing videogames from different generations of gaming causes problems. Just try to make a comparison between the videogames Double Dragon and Devil May Cry, or Pitfall against Super Mario Galaxy. It's obvious that you can't fairly compare graphics between those games.

inb4 anyone starts talking about Custer's Revenge
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

:evil:
[rant] First Roxius derails the thread by misunderstanding its topic, then Crud kills it by taking issue with that misunderstanding and attributing it to the entire thread, thus perpetuating the problem. If this keeps up it should get locked, or at least culled.

To paraphrase: This thread was made so us fans of KS who are staying because we are impressed with the writing can get to know each other a little and discuss our opinions of VNs in general.

The point is to get off the damn subject of how we may or may not feel about KS having H-scenes. It doesn't belong here, so take that crap and shove it back where it belongs: In the "All Ages Version?" thread or, preferably, back down your own throat.
[/rant]
Onisake wrote:If i want a doujin game for plot, i look for something like tsukihime, kana little sister(I cried for reals, yo), utawarerumono, FSN, Men at Work series, etc. TypeMoon is pretty good about throwing in a good plot. FSN and Utawarerumono are prime examples of games with a good plot. Although Utawarerumono is a bit cliche. Also, the anime sucks. if you like the anime, you HAVE to play the game, or you are not doing the series justice. really. FSN, Utawarerumono, and Tsukihime all have english translations available. i think Men at Work 2 also has one now, i vaguely remember reading something about that at Mirror Moon blog.
Thank you, Onisake! That's really helpful. Are there any differing opinions on the subject?
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

Personally, I can't wait to see how sex with Hanako is treated. She won't even expose a part of her face... exposing her entire body to someone would be quite a situation for her. Hell, I wonder if we ever get a dramatic reveal showing her scarred-side eye - wait, you can see that in the picture you unlock at the end... Okay, so much for that. But still!
And Rin would be interesting because she seems so detached from everything, it really makes you wonder how she'd end up getting so close to ol' Hisao that she'd be so affectionate with him...

I have no doubt in my mind that the writers will do a great job keeping the sex scenes well-integrated and respectful. The fact that the physical of the act would be kinda "interesting" for a few of the characters is what's the secondary bonus here, not the sex itself. :P

... Sorry if I'm not sounding coherent, I think my brain's choking on something.